Author Topic: Ice Cube Laugh Now Cry Later Re-Release?  (Read 363 times)

~Lucien~

d-nice

Re: Ice Cube Laugh Now Cry Later Re-Release?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 02:07:11 PM »
Yep. This version will come with a DVD. I hope he will throw some leftover tracks on there too. I want to hear Concrete that was produced by Fred Wreck.

~Lucien~

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 02:10:45 PM »
oh I found this...

Ice Cube To Re-Release Laugh Now, Cry Later With DVD
Tuesday - October 10, 2006

Just months after the release of his long-awaited new album, Laugh Now, Cry Later, Ice Cube is upping the ante, re-releasing the set as a limited edition, which comes as a CD/DVD combo.

The set, re-titled Laugh Now, Cry Later: O.G. Limited Edition, features over 60 minutes of never-before seen footage from the veteran rapper's 21 city tour with WC, The Clipse and Dogg Pound, as well as music videos for "Why We Thugs," "Go to Church" and "Chrome and Paint."

The new album is Cube's first solo effort in six years, as his music took a backseat to his acting career. But, after releasing it through his own Lench Mob Records, the album debuted at #4 on Billboard's Top 200 albums charts, selling more than 145,000 units in its first week. And his since been certified gold, with over 500,000 units sold to date.

The 18 track offering boasts production from top-level producers like Scott Storch, Swizz Beatz and Lil Jon, and features guests Snoop Dogg and WC.

"I'm not worried about the amount of sales I get on this album," Cube told BallerStatus.com in a recent interview. "This album is strictly for the Ice Cube fans out there that's been waiting for me to drop an album. I've already done my part for the West Coast, it's up to the new n----s out here to make their mark."

Known as one of the most important figures in rap history, Ice Cube began his career with the notorious West Coast gangsta rap group N.W.A over 18 years ago. At the height of the group's success, Ice Cube broke away to begin his solo career. His initial release, Amerikkka's Most Wanted sold over a 1 million copies and that was the beginning of a long career of success. The rapper has since sold over 10 million albums to date.

Laugh Now, Cry Later is Cube's sixth album to bow in the top 10 tier of the albums chart. The O.G. Limited Edition is slated for release October 31.

ballerstatus.net

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 05:36:17 PM »
wow i wonder how much money Cube made of an independent album that went gold.. thats a lot of money.. i havent copped the album yet, i just DLed  :-[.. but now i will cop it for the DVD..

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 06:01:49 PM »
fuck now I gotta re-buy it. actually if there's not some new songs, fuck it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"