Author Topic: Fasting(Ramadan) is Over!  (Read 238 times)

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Fasting(Ramadan) is Over!
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 01:07:47 AM »

ill let Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR SPEAKING TRUTH! to explain with more dept because he probably knows way more than me.

You were doing fine explaining it.

The only thing I would mention as a reminder to myself is that, although there are many worldly benefits achieved through fasting (improved health, concentration, self-control, consciousness, discipline, unity amongst men, sympathy for the poor)... one should not get strictly attatched to the percieved benefits of the fast, and one should instead be focused on performing the fast sincerely for the pleasure of Allah alone.   

The question was what exactly one is fasting from.  The obligatory portion of the fast which must be met by every Muslim, is that the Muslim does not eat, drink, or have sex from a period which can most easily be explained as sunrise to sunset, everday, for the whole lunar month of Ramadaan, which is from the sighting of the new moon, till the next new moon.

Additionally, fasting encourages that one learnes to love simplicity.  Simplicity unites the hearts, while vanity sows discenscion.  So we get by with less during the month of Ramadaan, we are more conscious of all the pathways to the heart, we gaurd our eyes from lust, we gaurd are toungues from useless talk, we gaurd our ears from hearing useless talk... and we reserve the time for reading Qu'ran and serving others.  The month of Ramadaan is the month in which the Qu'ran was revealed.

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

Chief

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 04:40:37 AM »
^so you can eat as much as you want/have as much sex as you want after sunset?

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 04:51:55 AM »
^so you can eat as much as you want/have as much sex as you want after sunset?

yes, you can, and you wouldn't be breaking any rules.  However, it is encouraged however to be simple and moderate, and the way Muslims generally break their fast and the way Muhammad (pbuh) broke his fast was just with some dates and some water.  The Prophet always warned against doing things in excess, he said to keep our "backs straight and stomachs light".  Meaning we would keep our backs straight by not overwhelming ourselves with worldly encumbrances, and our stomachs light by staying away from indulgence. 

This life is short, like a trip from one side of the river to the other side.  If you put too many items in your boat you will sink, you only need what is necassary to get to the other side.  We come from our Creator and we return to our Creator.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 04:56:17 AM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR SPEAKING TRUTH! »

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 12:28:44 PM »
a belated eid mubarak to all the muslims here...hope your fasts and prayers were accepted
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll