Author Topic: Jay-Z-Kingdom_Come-2006  (Read 993 times)

Rob

• Lil Geezy
Re: Jay-Z-Kingdom_Come-2006
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2006, 06:17:57 AM »
:o only one that praised "Trouble"!!?? :o Seriosouly, crank up the volume and blow your speakers! Then u will hear the greatness of this track.
If "in da club" fucked the charts up, then this one will blow a fucking hole str8 through the motherfucker!!

If Jay wants people to accept AND respect his comeback: MAKE A FUKKIN VIDEO 2 THIS MUTHA!!??

Imagine niggas bouncin their asses of to this one.. damn, crazy...

Ahh, fuck it, all of yall will call it a classic in a month anyway..

Peace

Noone will ever call this cd classic man, not even Jay's biggest fans (I consider myself a HUGE fan, especially after TBA).  THis album is inconsistent, shows an obvious lack of effort, and Jay is practically whispering on half the tracks.  And Trouble is TIGHT man, but wouldn't even dent the charts

I was talking about the song, not the entire album... I mean if he wants it to sell then he need a banger like this out on MTV, cuz that beat is like a hugh and heavy fukkin machine... Its music to start a riot to goddammit!!
Now you don´t really know me, The muthafukkin´ nigga from the D.P.G, The K.U.R.U.P.T, i´m too smooth.../Kurupt - Dogg Pound Gangztaz

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2006, 06:50:24 AM »
Easily his worst solo-album. That coming from someone who didn't get the hype about Jay's better albums, this album is painful to listen to. What a waste of good beats. A decade in the game and he can't rap on-beat consistantly. Crazy. Somebody tell dude he shouldn't do hooks by himself, he sucks at it. Dude should have retired for real when it comes to bringing out albums. He should feature rappers like Nas and Kanye from time to time, and take his time with the verses.

Seriously guys, aside of the partially good beats and lyrics (literally lyrics, not raps), how can you call this a decent album? His verses are awful. Any established rapper would have made a better album with those beats and Jay-Z as the ghostwriter. Anyone. Take that to the bank son.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2006, 09:02:14 AM »
Based on the replies it seems to be the wisest move to get Game's new shit and Snoop's new shit, bump those for a while and get this sometime when I got some extra money and I bump into it.

Don't really care though. Jay's cool to me, but it ain't like I'm always looking out for some new Jigga.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2006, 09:52:12 AM »
What you have to give Jay-Z props for is that he sounds different every time.  All of the subject matter was different and that helped.  The production was pretty solid.  A few tracks I wasn't really feeling.  However, Minority Report is probably the best track on the album.  Dre lays a monster for that one.  Just Blaze came with heat.  The only bad thing I can say is that lyrically, Jay-Z didn't come that strong.  I was expecting a better album however it is solid.  It doesn't make my top 5 of the year but it is still worth the pick up.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"