Author Topic: Jay-Z-Kingdom_Come-2006  (Read 1003 times)

Matty

Re: Jay-Z-Kingdom_Come-2006
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 03:06:05 PM »
dre didn't really hook him up. some ok beats but just basic loops and that's that.

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2006, 03:39:04 PM »
Just getting 2 1st listen, soundin good so far, need 2 listen 2 it properly tho 2 giv full verdict!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Matty

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 04:01:52 PM »
on second thoughts i forgot about that 30 something track. that was on some funky stuff, liked that a lot 8)

Narrator

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 06:27:48 PM »
Man, FUCK any haters, and fuck that cat from Yahoo or whatever who didn't like this album that much at the listening party.  This album is the real PIFF right here.  It's a bit more pop-oriented than "The Black Album", but how can you care when Hov's rhymes are still good as ever and pretty much EVERY beat is quality?  And like I expected, "Show Me What You Got" ain't even the best track on there, far from it.  Frankly, I'm really digging "Do U Wanna Ride?"...it's one of the better Kanye beats I heard recently.  "Minority Report" is also really well-told, and Dre's track (even if it sounds a little like "When It Rains, It Pours") works perfectly for the subject matter.  Oh, yeah, and even Swizzy finally delivered another dope beat with "Dig A Hole".

One of the better albums I've heard this year, by far.  Give it up to Hov for bringing that fiyah.

Rob

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 08:05:26 PM »
 :o only one that praised "Trouble"!!?? :o Seriosouly, crank up the volume and blow your speakers! Then u will hear the greatness of this track.
If "in da club" fucked the charts up, then this one will blow a fucking hole str8 through the motherfucker!!

If Jay wants people to accept AND respect his comeback: MAKE A FUKKIN VIDEO 2 THIS MUTHA!!??

Imagine niggas bouncin their asses of to this one.. damn, crazy...

Ahh, fuck it, all of yall will call the song a classic in a month anyway..

Peace
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 11:30:21 AM by Rob »
Now you don´t really know me, The muthafukkin´ nigga from the D.P.G, The K.U.R.U.P.T, i´m too smooth.../Kurupt - Dogg Pound Gangztaz

teecee

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 08:53:08 PM »
:o only one that praised "Trouble"!!?? :o Seriosouly, crank up the volume and blow your speakers! Then u will hear the greatness of this track.
If "in da club" fucked the charts up, then this one will blow a fucking hole str8 through the motherfucker!!

If Jay wants people to accept AND respect his comeback: MAKE A FUKKIN VIDEO 2 THIS MUTHA!!??

Imagine niggas bouncin their asses of to this one.. damn, crazy...

Ahh, fuck it, all of yall will call it a classic in a month anyway..

Peace

Noone will ever call this cd classic man, not even Jay's biggest fans (I consider myself a HUGE fan, especially after TBA).  THis album is inconsistent, shows an obvious lack of effort, and Jay is practically whispering on half the tracks.  And Trouble is TIGHT man, but wouldn't even dent the charts

Yo Beatz, i love that Kanye track too man, its different for him and i think its the best overall song on the whole album,  but to say this album is better than REasonable DOubt is fucking crazy man.  I am not one who thinks RD is classic but come on, it shits on this, which is possibly Jay's most lacklustre effort.  Still a decent album ,but just not that great, especially for a comeback album.

The Watcher

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2006, 09:23:11 PM »
i'm diggin this album, atleast he's keepin it real, not rappin about bein a drug dealer or anything
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

teecee

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2006, 09:53:16 PM »
i'm diggin this album, atleast he's keepin it real, not rappin about bein a drug dealer or anything

True, although he DOES say he is"just a hustla who happens to rap".............for like the millionth time.  Still, as i get older its nice to have a couple grown man topic songs..................the album is slowly growing on me, the problem is its just plain, he doesn't take any chances like with Problems, and there is no real standout song. 

The Watcher

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2006, 11:01:59 PM »
yeah, even rappers grow up though. the album is dope, some grown man topics for once
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2006, 03:38:01 AM »
Yep, like I said the album is a grower. All dope tracks except for that Beyonce crap.

And subject matter is completley different. I love this album

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2006, 04:48:02 AM »
 :o :o that track with chris martin is fucking bananas!!!!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 05:16:21 AM »
I gotta stop coming to conclusions after the first listen  ;D...

I'm starting to really feel this album  8)

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2006, 05:24:16 AM »
I gotta stop coming to conclusions after the first listen  ;D...

I'm starting to really feel this album  8)

exactly, thats what i have been saying to people. You cant judge how good an album is on 1 or 2 listens. Music will grow on you, people dont seem to give an album that chance now a days. Its almost like they give 1 listen and decide if they like it or not.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2006, 05:46:39 AM »
The albums cool wid some sick tracks most noticably 'BEACH CHAIR' that track is straight fire! Im not really a fan of jay but the album is a grower and has a nice different feel about it compared to todays other music...dre dissapointed me tho'

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2006, 05:54:38 AM »
:o :o that track with chris martin is fucking bananas!!!!

Yeah its crazy, the atmosphere is really huge.

Minortiy Report is great stuff too. Props to Ne-Yo for a dope hook  8)