Author Topic: The turning point of pro wrestling  (Read 300 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: The turning point of pro wrestling
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 06:18:29 PM »
i read Vince had to let Bret out of the contract because he couldn't afford to keep him
thats exactly why! But that was only a year after he gave Bret a 20 yr contract

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 04:49:20 PM »
i read Vince had to let Bret out of the contract because he couldn't afford to keep him

Bret would have been willing to work something out according to all acounts, but Vince was telling him to take the WCW offer. My theory for years now has been that Vince pre-planned the Montreal screwjob from the moment he decided he didn't want Bret anymore. The only variable not completely in Vince's control was Bret deciding he didn't want to lose in Canada to HBK, but having HBK tell Bret that he'd never job to him may have been enough to know that Bret wouldn't job either. I'm convinced Vince knew exactly what was going to happen and wanted publicity. He uses the "I couldn't risk my champion taking my belt to another show" excuse just to add to the controversy. As smart as Vince is he wouldn't tell his champion that he wasn't going to keep him and had to let him out of his contract until the belt was already off him. And Bret could have just as easily taken the belt from HBK after he beat up Vince and showed up on Nitro with it (something he should have done). That's what I think anyway.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 09:05:18 PM »
as an entertainer stone cold > bret hart
as a wrestler bret hart > stone cold

Dude that Scott Steiner gif is hilarious!  Plus you had that one earlier with him slipping off of the mat when he was jumping out of the ring for a double axe handle or whatever.  Shit is fuckin dope.  WTF is up with Scott Steiner?  I'm sure his heart is gonna explode soon.

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 11:11:09 PM »
Scott Steiner went crazy. He got some huge ass tat on his chest last time I saw him in a ring. He's probably out in the woods doin meth.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 11:18:38 PM »
yeah he has that Superman logo on his chest

he was signed to TNA but has left; not sure what he's upto now  :-\

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

westkoastanostra

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 01:18:34 AM »
as an entertainer stone cold > bret hart
as a wrestler bret hart > stone cold

Dude that Scott Steiner gif is hilarious!  Plus you had that one earlier with him slipping off of the mat when he was jumping out of the ring for a double axe handle or whatever.  Shit is fuckin dope.  WTF is up with Scott Steiner?  I'm sure his heart is gonna explode soon.

;)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 04:52:42 PM »
whatever happened to Duke "the Dumpster" Droese?

The Best of 3 Worlds