Author Topic: The Game is set to shoot a video for his next single "Wouldn't Get Far''  (Read 1055 times)

~Lucien~

This week, the Game is set to shoot a video for his next single "Wouldn't Get Far," in which he mentions (and criticizes) many video vixens. The rapper said the video will even feature some of the ladies he addresses in the song. "I think a couple of them are coming to the video [set], so we'll see what's up," he said last week.

"They had a choice," said Game's manager, Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond, who helped smooth things over with the displeased women. "They had two choices: You could either be clowned or we can make this fun where people won't take it as serious. If you fight against it, it becomes serious, 'cause we could get the look-alikes and clown in fun. But if you participate, it can be more impactful. For instance, [model] Melyssa Ford, we'll have her in a Honda Accord [in the video], but then Game will kinda wake up out of that spell and we'll have her in a 500 Benz. We'll clean it up for her. It's all in fun, though."

Jimmy says the video will be fun, but he plans to have Game working hard this year to keep promoting his album, The Doctor's Advocate. "There's some work to do with this album," Rosemond said. "There's been a few missteps, some out of our control.

"We're about to shoot a mini-movie for him and re-release the album sometime in April or May," he continued. "We'll probably do a mini-movie for [the song] 'Doctor's Advocate.' It's time to work hard, really grind this album out, see where it takes us. We know we made the best album we could make without the elements that helped us the first time. Like I tell him all the time, it ain't really about the sales. I know the sales will do well, but it's going to be a record that sticks around all year. We already know people have classified this album as a classic. He has another album ready ... that people will wanna hear. But we just have to work this one out, make some smart decisions. That's where my managerial hat has to come into play."

Game says he has his own ideas as to where he wants to go visually with his album. "I was on my way back from my snowboarding trip in Northern Cali," he said. "I'm driving five hours and thinking about [the Roc-A-Fella Records film] 'Streets Is Watching' and how Jay-Z did that. ... I was saying, 'I got enough songs that mean something to do that.' I mean, 'Old English,' 'One Night,' the real gutter joints where there's a lot of feelings where I could really get at n---as. It'll be ill, though. We gonna keep it in mind and try to work it all out."

The Compton, California, MC is getting ready to go on tour in Canada and to put out some new mixtapes at the end of January. He'll showcase some beats he produced himself, introduce a new group from his Black Wall Street label while spotlighting solo MC Juice.

"This new group I'm working on called N---as for Life, they are nuts," Game said. "It's no knock-off of N.W.A. It's a new feel, a new vibe. I got five of the hottest n---as from the West Coast you never heard of, and we gonna roll." ...

GangstaBoogy

Re: The Game is set to shoot a video for his next single "Wouldn't Get Far''
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 06:32:41 PM »
Bout time.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 06:39:44 PM »
Man I was wondering when he was going to drop it, but hopefully it is worth the wait.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The Predator

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 11:16:11 PM »
A group called Niggaz4Life? Cool

from what ive heard of solo MC Juice on freestyles and shit that nigga got some ill skills. About time Game help launch his career.

As for the concept of the 'Get Far' video, yew thats clever the bitches can be down and be part of a memorable hit song/video or get clowned something funny.
Blackmail? hahaha

Im glad Game is doing more work for the lp, like the 'Doctors Advocate' mini video song etc...

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 11:20:04 PM by The Predator »

xGlimpsex

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I. Will. Not. Lose.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 03:02:21 AM »
About time.
Hip Hop: Live, Breathe, Sleep it.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 04:16:16 AM »
but he plans to have Game working hard this year to keep promoting his album, The Doctor's Advocate. "There's some work to do with this album," Rosemond said. "There's been a few missteps, some out of our control.

thats good to hear... hopefully they can revive this album "thriller"-style! hehe  :)
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 05:40:31 AM »
I'll watch it. This'll be kicks to see what people will say about the video lol.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Raphael

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 05:51:20 AM »
sounds dope 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 08:35:06 AM »
damn, I guess Game and his management noticed that sales stalled at 750,000.

I'm down for the mini-video but now I'm kinda pissed that I already bought the album.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 04:36:23 PM »
should be dope, this will get Game his platinum plaque

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 04:40:57 PM »
A group called Niggaz4Life? Cool

Yes, very original. Will the Game ever get off Dre/Easy-E's nuts. Its actually kind of pathetic hes copiying NWA, as copying other artists is the only thing game does. I hope he renames the group, and I hope they never drop, because as well all saw Game's last group fell apart the MOB, so theirs no reason this won't. Make better more original music please.

SouthernG

• 'G'
  • Realest ni66a to eva touch a mic !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 06:43:59 AM »
i guess i'm alone when i say i think that is a terrible song to be a single, i hate that shit i skip it everytime but i guess it will raise some peoples eyebrows and thats the point huh, lol
Fuck You  !!!!!!!!!!!

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 07:47:53 AM »
"I was on my way back from my snowboarding trip in Northern Cali,"

so thats whats good right now huh? lololol.........BS UP!!! lol.