Author Topic: R.A.W.-Daz Dillinger  (Read 1058 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
R.A.W.-Daz Dillinger
« on: January 27, 2007, 01:47:21 AM »
How is RAW by Daz not as good as streetz iz a mutha? I'd say RAW is as good as streetz,a west coast classic. all produced by daz (a couple produced by soopa and e3) and its mad consistent. daz really brings it and there's a grip of really good Kurupt collaborations. it also feels like streetz'counterpart. streetz has daz on its title track and raw has kurupt on its title track, they're like counterpart albums its crazy. But anyway I see streetz get mentioned alot but I feel this album is mad slept on.

also, anyone else notice that before baccstabbers starts, daz is playing 'fuck da world' from smoke odyssey a year before that shit dropped? and then daz says "they don't know about that new shit,huh?"

also, is Daz talking about snoop on what it iz "all that pimp shit don't impress or faze me/all the work i did for yall and yall can't pay me?"
anyone know who he's speakin' on in that song?

On tha grind is such a gorgeous fucking song. The production is so timelessly good. It feels like Daz and Kurupt suspended in time, musically banging forever, the keyboard, piano and bass are perfect as fuck in this track.

the track R.A.W. itself is really creative too, this album is wested the fuck out and there's no whack tracks. also, my favorite Latoiya williams track ever 'agony' is on this album as an intro to the banging ass Kurupt collabs 'feels good'. tray deee,slip capone, bigg pimpin',lil c style and even mark morrison jump on that shit.

I bumped this shit all the way through today for the first time in a long time and it feels fresh as 2000 to me, shit is timeless. daz drops hard ass funk, from the first song on the album "what cha talkin' bout" (such a classic gangsta beat) to the closing baccstabber.

how much access to people outside of CA actually have to this album? I was able to get it when it came out but i'm in so cal.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

WestCoasta

Re: R.A.W.-Daz Dillinger
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:03:12 AM »
I think it's his best album, just beats out RRGB

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 02:04:04 AM »
Kurupt reused a couple songs from R.A.W. on Smoke Odyssey.

But I think Streetz is a much better album only because Daz isn't much of a lyricist. Musically, I like R.A.W. and think it's Daz's second best album after Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back, but it just doesn't stand up to the playablity of Streetz. R.A.W. just doesn't have that universal sound that Streetz does.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 02:07:29 AM »
though daz isn't a lyricist:
a) he's a more consistent rapper than Kurupt(Kurupt's my favorite too, but he's often hit and miss)
b)he's a tight rapper
c)if you really listen, alot of his rhymes are well thought out and he can stick to a topic real well. Even the words he's rhyming are often original in nature, dude tries, at least in this album.

so what he lacks in lyrical oomph like Kurupt he makes up for in consistency to me.

I also like the lesser beats on RAW more than the lesser beats on streetz (ex: my system's beat is doper than the beat to tequila)

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 02:19:26 AM »
i bought it for 4,77 euro's last year lol, shit i thought it was cheap ass album, not really a booklet, low price and w/e, but the music is hella tight, i agree with tanjibility on this one, this record is banging  8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 02:24:15 AM »
the booklet is dope. maybe the euro version is different.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 02:33:51 AM »
its only 1 piece of paper with daz on the background standing and mentioning the features on the album, nothing more, no tracklisting, no credits, no nothing, just 1 piece of paper  ::)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 02:44:19 AM »
what, mine folds out. had ads for upcoming dpgc albums and credited everyone appropriately in relative detail.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 02:50:07 AM »
yeah i dunno man, i can scan my *booklet* for ya, if you dont believe me, but it is credited to be from gangsta advisory plus i bought it from a respectable online store who only sell legit stuff, so it doesnt seem like fake copy to me

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 02:54:19 AM »
not saying it's fake, just a different print.mine's on 'dpg recordz'. got it when it came out.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

~Lucien~

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 04:40:57 AM »
yeah i dunno man, i can scan my *booklet* for ya, if you dont believe me, but it is credited to be from gangsta advisory plus i bought it from a respectable online store who only sell legit stuff, so it doesnt seem like fake copy to me

yes you are both right...
there are 2 versions.
the OG DPG version and the european version (released through Zyx from Germany)
The OG DPG version is a booklet and the European version is just a piece of paper.
also the dpgc u know what im throwin up lp is released through Zyx from Germany.
they released a lot of dpg related cd's and dvd's relased by Zyx. (maybe these are bootlegs I dunno)
personally I have all the dpg cd's from america but I have 2 daz dvd's from Zyx (gangsta shit & tha independent game)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 05:55:15 AM »
Did Daz use some of his D.R. masters for this album like with Soopafly's Whoopty Woop?

~Loyalty Is Everything~

XaNdEr

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 08:36:09 AM »

yes you are both right...
there are 2 versions.
the OG DPG version and the european version (released through Zyx from Germany)
The OG DPG version is a booklet and the European version is just a piece of paper.
also the dpgc u know what im throwin up lp is released through Zyx from Germany.
they released a lot of dpg related cd's and dvd's relased by Zyx. (maybe these are bootlegs I dunno)
personally I have all the dpg cd's from america but I have 2 daz dvd's from Zyx (gangsta shit & tha independent game)

hell yeah i got ripp tha game bloody by rbx on zyx, same shitty ass *booklet* stuff, they should put in some money to make a decent cd... ::)

btw these are the cd's i own at the moment

http://www.cd-tracker.com/item_list_v2.asp?UserId=15017&order_by=artist%5Fitem%2C+title%5Fitem

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 10:38:42 AM »
though daz isn't a lyricist:
a) he's a more consistent rapper than Kurupt(Kurupt's my favorite too, but he's often hit and miss)

b)he's a tight rapper
c)if you really listen, alot of his rhymes are well thought out and he can stick to a topic real well. Even the words he's rhyming are often original in nature, dude tries, at least in this album.

so what he lacks in lyrical oomph like Kurupt he makes up for in consistency to me.

I also like the lesser beats on RAW more than the lesser beats on streetz (ex: my system's beat is doper than the beat to tequila)

-T

agrred but in 99 kurupt was not inconsistent

The Best of 3 Worlds

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 10:40:11 AM »
I'd say its Daz's best album, but I don't think its on the level of Streetz lyrically Kurupt was murdering tracks on Streetz plus it also had Crooked and Xzibit on it, RAW is definitely slept on tho