Author Topic: R.A.W.-Daz Dillinger  (Read 1064 times)

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
Re: R.A.W.-Daz Dillinger
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 12:31:03 PM »
yeah i dunno man, i can scan my *booklet* for ya, if you dont believe me, but it is credited to be from gangsta advisory plus i bought it from a respectable online store who only sell legit stuff, so it doesnt seem like fake copy to me

yes you are both right...
there are 2 versions.
the OG DPG version and the european version (released through Zyx from Germany)
The OG DPG version is a booklet and the European version is just a piece of paper.
also the dpgc u know what im throwin up lp is released through Zyx from Germany.
they released a lot of dpg related cd's and dvd's relased by Zyx. (maybe these are bootlegs I dunno)
personally I have all the dpg cd's from america but I have 2 daz dvd's from Zyx (gangsta shit & tha independent game)

hell yeah i got ripp tha game bloody by rbx on zyx, same shitty ass *booklet* stuff, they should put in some money to make a decent cd... ::)

Well, you can't blame that on Zyx....That album never came out with a booklet included.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 01:11:18 PM »
Quote from: Tanjibility
How is RAW by Daz not as good as streetz iz a mutha? I'd say RAW is as good as streetz,a west coast classic. all produced by daz (a couple produced by soopa and e3) and its mad consistent. daz really brings it and there's a grip of really good Kurupt collaborations. it also feels like streetz'counterpart. streetz has daz on its title track and raw has kurupt on its title track, they're like counterpart albums its crazy. But anyway I see streetz get mentioned alot but I feel this album is mad slept on.

Yeah man, They had the whole "The Love Below/Speakerboxx" deal thing without the package itself being a dual disc case. I was checking out Retallation, Revenge & Getback, after hearing a few tracks from it. Im about to buy a bunch of Daz's solo shit, so I might as well start there and here. Already bought DPGcLP.

My opinion on Daz lyrically:
People always discredit Daz for being lyrical for some reason. Just because half the time he neglects complex metaphors, wordplays and excedra. Truth is, the motherfucker has a duo group with Kurupt - the guy who abuses vocabulary as much as Canibus. If he really wanted to be that type of rapper you know its just a simple thing of getting advice or working for it. Truth is after awhile you have to stop stereotyping and stigmatating and just take an artists' individual style and lyricism for what it is. Its individuality, not everyone can be that complex ass "TOP FIVE DEAD OR ALIVE" emcee. Kurupt had that role though, and its because of roles like this and versatility that I will always fuck with D.P.G. Even though every emcee is hit or miss at times, Kurupt is a victim of his own lyricism. If that was Daz spitting those wordplay induced verses on S.D.D.S we'd be on some "aw shit, Daz is on his way to top 5", but because KURUPT was the motherfucker on "New York, New York", "A Doggz Day Afternoon" and in the 4HRSMN, he has at times, set the standard too high. Thats why it SEEMS LIKE Daz is getting better lyrically. But I think its just Daz holding out consistency, regardless he's changed a bit lyrically and productionwise.

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 01:13:54 PM »
I have heard that this album was supposed to be a death row album.. After daz left DR, he released it because of money problems. so you know why the booklet is so cheap  ;D

At that time Daz really produced some bomb azz tracks. Listen to One Nine 99, Whos knoccin at my door or what it iz.. What It Iz is hell as fuck. Thats true G-Funk 8)

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 03:21:17 PM »
to me it's Kurupt's the MC and Daz is the producer, so Daz is as tight as what he does on RAW as Kurupt is tight as what he does on Streetz. yeah, speakerbox/love below is a good comparison.

and to me Kurupt is very inconsistent on Streetz, and I love streetz but he drops the ball a few times in that shit.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

westkoastanostra

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 03:31:42 PM »
tight cd! RAW i s my favorite cut! followed by "what it iz"

nateandmiles

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • We shook dre punk azz now he outta di closet!!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 03:41:49 PM »
someone post this cd..this shit was DAZ greatest work ......."what it is" dat shit was rufffffffffffffffffff

now chuuuuuuuuuuuuch 8)

acgrundy

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 03:51:40 PM »
I had it about a year before it was actually released

I think its better than Streetz

Daz has a better flow than kurupt

easily Daz 2nd best album, really nice album

Did you know Daz and Bad Azz rapped over the Street Gangs beat, but song was never released.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »

Did you know Daz and Bad Azz rapped over the Street Gangs beat, but song was never released.

Raw better than Streetz LMAO!! Moron Tanner

acgrundy

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
and to add:

Kurupt was VERY inconsistent in 99 and on tha Streetz

acgrundy

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 04:04:08 PM »

Raw better than Streetz LMAO!! Moron Tanner

Don't get your panties in a bunch spice girl, everyone has their own opinion.  Kinda like you enjoy getting dicks in the mouth and ass, well most guys don't, so: LMAO!! Moron Spice Girl

WC Iz Active

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 04:05:04 PM »
and to add:

hahaha lmao!!!

d-nice

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 04:49:10 PM »
I like Raw because at the time it was Daz's 2nd album and it is more of a offical album to me. RR&GB was dope but it had like the whole west coast on it so it felt more like a compilation. Streetz was a upgrade lyrically from Kuruption but not by much. What made Streetz dope for me was more Daz features because he only produced 2 tracks on the first one and he did not rap and the beats were banging on Streetz. Tough to say which was better, I still bang both of them.

acgrundy

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 05:29:08 PM »
and to add:

hahaha lmao!!!

What?  Were you finally able to read that tape measurment of your dick?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 02:20:39 AM »
I like Raw because at the time it was Daz's 2nd album and it is more of a offical album to me. RR&GB was dope but it had like the whole west coast on it so it felt more like a compilation. Streetz was a upgrade lyrically from Kuruption but not by much. What made Streetz dope for me was more Daz features because he only produced 2 tracks on the first one and he did not rap and the beats were banging on Streetz. Tough to say which was better, I still bang both of them.

the last sentence of this post, you talking about RAW vs. streetz?

I say they're equal counterparts. who's your favorite two assasins upon the mic? DazKurupt.

i can see how someone could see RAW as better (more consistent album) and I can see how someone could see streetz is better (the lyrical moments on streetz are more impressive than the more lyrical moments on RAW) but I think they balance out to equality.

also,

where can I get daz and bad azz rapping over the street gangs beat?

also, at the end of RAW, Kurupt says "you're lucky simon ain't home" he mean suge? man dude was still down with suge back then AND in the song "fresh" on Kuruption near the end, somewhat quietly says "death row-fresh"

I think he just feels/felt a legitimate loyalty to the organization that first allowed him to make some cheese. i don't blame him.

and

I know On tha Grind from RAW is on space boogie but I like OTG contextually better in R.A.W. and the space boogie version doesn't say 'crip' at the end when Kurupt yells that shit.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2007, 02:43:02 AM »
also, I think people tend to think that Kurupt rips shit up a grip on streetz cause it's a really well put together album, though this makes the record quality it doesn't translate to nothin' but heat MC wise from Kurupt.

-T

westcoastavengers.com