Author Topic: Dillinger and Makaveli  (Read 396 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Dillinger and Makaveli
« on: February 04, 2007, 02:29:56 PM »
just burnt this and bumped about two thirds of it in the whip while doing errands. pretty bangin' record from what I've heard so far, considering the participants on the record I am surprised this doesn't get discussed more. Roscoe rips that I'm dumpin song up, also that I'm dumpin' song has a fantastic musical backdrop, that melody is beautiful and sinister.

anyone else have any thoughts on this disc?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
Re: Dillinger and Makaveli
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 03:18:36 PM »
daz just make some cash of 2Pac tracks.. my opinion: i hate Dillinger and Makaveli!!!!! At that time Daz released real bad produced tracks like those on the I Got Love In These Streetz Album. Beside of that in shitty quality released track: When The Feeling Is Right, are the other tracks  :grumpy:

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Pizzle

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »
I have it but i don't bump it much.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 07:28:17 PM »
listened to whole album, shit is bangin'. first 2 bomb is well produced as fuck. the songs with the outlawz sound like vintage 2pac, i'm dumpin' is fuckin' tooooo sick. all of the DPG releases I'm hearing from daz's label dpg recordz from the early 2000's are bangin' as fuck. RAW-bangin,DAT WHOOPTY WHOOP-bangin, DILLINGER AND YOUNG GOTTI-Bangin', DILLINGER AND MAKAVELI-Bangin', few of the songs stand out as masterful classics but the albums as whole pieces work well, they are solid-No bad songs(a few on d and YG were bad but that's it). and each album does have some bangalangin songs like 'on tha grind from raw', most of the kurupt songs from RAW, the tray deee songs from raw...damn, alot of RAW is classic which is why I say it's as classic as streetz iz a mutha. dat whoopty whoop from dat whoopty whoop is a pretty classic song. the stuff with crooked I on that shit is great. dillinger and young gotti has a lot of bangers but not as solid as the others...and dillinger and makaveli is another solid release on the part of daz. I think alot of people neglect the quality of the record cause the controversy surrounding daz releasing this record initially for 500 bucks and all the other controversial shit that comes with 2pac but the record is solid.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 01:55:53 AM »
listened to whole album, shit is bangin'. first 2 bomb is well produced as fuck. the songs with the outlawz sound like vintage 2pac, i'm dumpin' is fuckin' tooooo sick. all of the DPG releases I'm hearing from daz's label dpg recordz from the early 2000's are bangin' as fuck. RAW-bangin,DAT WHOOPTY WHOOP-bangin, DILLINGER AND YOUNG GOTTI-Bangin', DILLINGER AND MAKAVELI-Bangin', few of the songs stand out as masterful classics but the albums as whole pieces work well, they are solid-No bad songs(a few on d and YG were bad but that's it). and each album does have some bangalangin songs like 'on tha grind from raw', most of the kurupt songs from RAW, the tray deee songs from raw...damn, alot of RAW is classic which is why I say it's as classic as streetz iz a mutha. dat whoopty whoop from dat whoopty whoop is a pretty classic song. the stuff with crooked I on that shit is great. dillinger and young gotti has a lot of bangers but not as solid as the others...and dillinger and makaveli is another solid release on the part of daz. I think alot of people neglect the quality of the record cause the controversy surrounding daz releasing this record initially for 500 bucks and all the other controversial shit that comes with 2pac but the record is solid.

-T

agree.  8)

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 05:20:18 AM »

-T

Yes man, thats your opinion. When I listen to the other releases, i get a feeling of cheapness, sorry. I tolerate your opinion.

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 09:53:08 AM »

-T

Yes man, thats your opinion. When I listen to the other releases, i get a feeling of cheapness, sorry. I tolerate your opinion.

sure they were cheap, they were indie, down to the booklets it was cheap but it's like...if you put some virtuoso musicians on some rusty instruments, it'll still be a worthwhile if not pristine sound. i'd be interested in hearing why you got a feeling of cheapness.

-T

westcoastavengers.com