Author Topic: Your Explanation Of Why T.I. Sold Records?  (Read 1839 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Your Explanation Of Why T.I. Sold Records?
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 03:34:15 PM »
first off, let me start off by saying that i am NOT a hater (T.I. is actually my fav. rapper). But i find his #s intresting (topped 06' for a rapper, and still has a 300,000 lead on jay-z).

Why did he sell? alot of theories can easily be wiped away. Some people think he is cheesy and would compare him 2 D4L, DFB, Yung Joc, Jibbs, Young Dro etc. (personally i wouldn't, he's much better then those mentioned). But if we can't agree on that explain this:

alot of that "snap" shit flopped. D4L flopped, Dro flopped, Jibbs flopped. Joc was only 1 who did decent #s (styll around 1 mill behind T.I.) and I *THINK* DFB JUST hit gold.

Why did T.I. sell so many records? what you know was big, but so was "shoulder lean", "laffy taffy", "chain hang low"

I've actually argued this with friends.

what are your thoughts?

T.I. sold because hip-hop culture is now being dictated by a lot of ignorant women, because women are the only one's that actually go to the stores and buy cd's these days (the men download albums).

T.I. is wack, and respresents hip-hop's decline, or as some would say, hip-hop's death.   He has no substance in his lyrics, his style is weak, he was a star in some gay-ass Lil Bow Wow movie or something so it got him alot of attention.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Lunatic

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 03:37:31 PM »
first off, let me start off by saying that i am NOT a hater (T.I. is actually my fav. rapper). But i find his #s intresting (topped 06' for a rapper, and still has a 300,000 lead on jay-z).

Why did he sell? alot of theories can easily be wiped away. Some people think he is cheesy and would compare him 2 D4L, DFB, Yung Joc, Jibbs, Young Dro etc. (personally i wouldn't, he's much better then those mentioned). But if we can't agree on that explain this:

alot of that "snap" shit flopped. D4L flopped, Dro flopped, Jibbs flopped. Joc was only 1 who did decent #s (styll around 1 mill behind T.I.) and I *THINK* DFB JUST hit gold.

Why did T.I. sell so many records? what you know was big, but so was "shoulder lean", "laffy taffy", "chain hang low"

what are your thoughts?

T.I. sold because hip-hop culture is now being dictated by a lot of ignorant women, because women are the only one's that actually go to the stores and buy cd's these days (the men download albums).

T.I. is wack, and respresents hip-hop's decline, or as some would say, hip-hop's death.   He has no substance in his lyrics, his style is weak, he was a star in some gay-ass Lil Bow Wow movie or something so it got him alot of attention.

the men download albums. yea, you have the statistics on that one. please don't make assumptions. T.I. doesn't represent hip-hop's death. If anyone does, its Yung Joc, D4L, DFB, Jibbs etc. Some gay ass Lil' Bow Wow movie? Have you seen the film? its a great hood story. And if hip-hop is dead DON'T blame the artists, blame the people who are supporting the shit. This whole "hip-hop is dead" shit wasn't really crackin 2-3 yrs ago (before all the rappers i mentioned were around) and T.I. was STILL making platinum albums
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 03:39:18 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Narrator

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 05:13:56 PM »

what are your thoughts?

Hmmm, typical Infinite bullshit.  Once he thinks he's onto something (even if he's wrong), he repeats himself.

No, Bryan, YOU and all crackers like you fucked up hip-hop, not T.I. (who you obviously don't listen to).  And that's why you're going to die a horrible, painful death when Allah tells me to bring on the Judgment Day.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2007, 05:31:59 PM »
i aint the biggest t.i fan, i cannot trip, pass me some luda shit anyday befo the nigga, just my preferance

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2007, 07:00:52 PM »

what are your thoughts?

kemizt

Big B

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2007, 08:40:11 PM »
just for the record, D4L went gold and considering it cost a large pizza and a 2 liter bottle of diet pepsi to make tht album i wouldnt call that a flop

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2007, 03:05:32 AM »
i aint the biggest t.i fan, i cannot trip, pass me some luda shit anyday befo the nigga, just my preferance

the other day on I heard Ludacris rip the eyeballs out of a verse on the 2003 WBALLZ mixtape over the Game don't wait remix beat. and it was indeed, more impressive than any T.I. I've heard.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2007, 09:06:42 AM »

the other day on I heard Ludacris rip the eyeballs out of a verse on the 2003 WBALLZ mixtape over the Game don't wait remix beat. and it was indeed, more impressive than any T.I. I've heard.

-T

check T.I. on "warrior theme" dissing Lil' Flip. shit is nuts

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2007, 09:11:50 AM »
T.I. is nowhere near Luda.  Luda can rap circles around him.  Somebody should up that joint that he did with Cee Lo on Lo's 2nd solo.  Shit was sick.

Lunatic

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2007, 09:13:04 AM »
T.I. is nowhere near Luda.  Luda can rap circles around him.  Somebody should up that joint that he did with Cee Lo on Lo's 2nd solo.  Shit was sick.

T.I. can be near luda, when he wants to. problem is too often, he's choosing the more mainstream route. King shits all over release therapy

The Predator

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 10:04:36 AM »
T.I. is one of those MTV/favourite...niggas for the year.

But as Cube said 'they'll find a new nigga next year...'

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2007, 10:30:20 AM »
T.I. is one of those MTV/favourite...niggas for the year.

But as Cube said 'they'll find a new nigga next year...'

What? T.I. has been popular for years now. you're just ignorant.

kemizt

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2007, 10:58:06 AM »

T.I. can be near luda, when he wants to. problem is too often, he's choosing the more mainstream route. King shits all over release therapy

More mainstream than Luda?  Are you crazy?  Luda's been one of THE biggest Hip Hop acts for the last 7 years.  Check his album sales.  He's been all over MTV / BET / Radio.  So you're statement about T.I. choosing the more mainstream route is completely wrong.  And I can't speak on King vs. Release Therapy because I don't own either. 

Luda>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T.I. easily.

Lunatic

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2007, 11:04:21 AM »

More mainstream than Luda?  Are you crazy?  Luda's been one of THE biggest Hip Hop acts for the last 7 years.  Check his album sales.  He's been all over MTV / BET / Radio.  So you're statement about T.I. choosing the more mainstream route is completely wrong.  And I can't speak on King vs. Release Therapy because I don't own either. 

Luda>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T.I. easily.

I mean recently, T.I.'s music has been more "dumbed down" and he hasn't showcased his lyrical talent. Only on a few songs on the king album, does T.I. really spit hard.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »
my friend put all of TI's shit on random the other day while we smoked a blunt and what puts Luda over him to me, from the little I heard, is all the layering TI does on his voice. Luda, I've seen more succesful as a straightforward MC whereas even though I've heard a grip of T.I. songs, I don't know what his voice sounds like. Like that song where he's like "that attitude/is very/unncecessary dude..." and 'what you know about that' it's like a bunch of dudes yellin'/his voice is very layered so it takes away from it to me. alot of mac dre's stuff from between 98 and 2002 is done like that too and it bugs. makes it harder to understand the lyrics, which sucks cause mac dre and TI both are dope lyricists.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram