Author Topic: Shock Value sucks  (Read 2042 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Shock Value sucks
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:07:56 PM »
There's no flow to this album, beats is blande.  Artists don't fit the beats.  It looks good on paper, one of the biggest producers out there, star-stuffed guestlist...  But shit didn't mold into an album that I'll be listening to.  It's trying to be too many genres at once, but the songs aren't good enough to pull it off.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Shock Value sucks
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:51:48 PM »
the album is cool but nothing special i expected way more out of Timbaland.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:38:43 AM »
the tracks dont even look cool on paper they look like a homosexual picnic of weak pop artists

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:57:06 AM »
the tracks dont even look cool on paper they look like a homosexual picnic of weak pop artists

Word. I dont know how we would ever get out street cred back if we listened to this wack pop shit.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 03:06:23 AM »
Gotta commend Timbo for trying new and fresh ideas on this album, but it's nowhere near a classic and some of the beats are just fucking wierd.

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 03:36:48 AM »
It sounds generic to me. If this is the future of music, I'd better throw away my radio right now.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 06:55:56 AM »
Ok, so back on topic. I think this cd aint for everybody, which is normal, since the sound is quite experimental. For me theres not one weak track, the sound is just so fresh, not that same old "rap albums these days" scheme.

Who knows, maybe Im just getting tired of rap.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 06:59:26 AM »
Ok, so back on topic. I think this cd aint for everybody, which is normal, since the sound is quite experimental. For me theres not one weak track, the sound is just so fresh, not that same old "rap albums these days" scheme.

Who knows, maybe Im just getting tired of rap.

I think the problem is...the majority of people listening will be listening on their PCs and headphones....this isnt that kind of album...i wasnt feeling it much yesterday but i've played it twice today...

Once in the car
Once in the house on my system

and the verdict is?!?!?

It is MILES better like this, its unique in that it seems to compliment moods and things your doing, i really dont think you can apprecaite the sonics and the ambience on many of the tracks on a PC or headphones or even iPod...

im not the biggest timbo fan, he's dropped some good stuff this year and some bad, much as he has throughout his career but in terms of listening to JUST this album alone its really quite good if you get to apprecaite it in the right way...

give it a try! :)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Elevz

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 07:21:40 AM »
^^ That might be a good idea, although I generally hate any album that I can't normally listen to, but it seems worth a try. And who cares if one CDR is wasted :D

rik

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 09:39:21 AM »
Yes it does, it sucks ass.

rik

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 09:39:56 AM »

Word. I dont know how we would ever get out street cred back if we listened to this wack pop shit.

Somebody catching feelings.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 09:52:28 AM »
Catching feelings ? More like laughing at thugged out people on the internet, who only listen to gangsta rap and think any other genre is "homo". I have no problem with someone saying its wack but to say that because it has "homosexual pop shit", well now thats e-banging at its finest.

rik

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 09:59:06 AM »
E-banging? How you figure? So now saying that a gay ass cd is gay makes you an internet thug. I'd like for you yo explain to me how you came to that conclusion. Face it, the cd is some homosexual pop shit.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 10:54:05 AM »
Timbo gave his best beats to JT and Nelly Furtado

$Eg2$

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 11:03:29 AM »
E-banging? How you figure? So now saying that a gay ass cd is gay makes you an internet thug. I'd like for you yo explain to me how you came to that conclusion. Face it, the cd is some homosexual pop shit.

LOL put him in high heels Rik.

I agree with The Leak. And I think Timbs beats been soundin like sum wierd Moby techno type shit its funny how all these dudes jumped on tims dick.