Author Topic: For those who hate on my Dre fandom  (Read 967 times)

StevenQBosell

Re: For those who hate on my Dre fandom
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2007, 07:49:59 AM »
Yeah, it must just be a matter of taste.

Me personally, I'm an 87 - 97 Dr. Dre fan... but that's just me.

I'm only digging a few he did after 2001, but I'm not gonna sit here and say that Dre doesn't do anything, he's a thief, this and that.

LOL I remember in 1998, me and a pal were arguing. He said, "Lokk how drastic dre's sound changed once he left NWA? That's cuz he was stealing from Yella, Daz, Assasin, etc..."

Has anyone hear ever heard Yellas "One Mo Nigga Ta Go?" It was CLEAR Dre was the mastermind behind the music in NWA, One More Nigga is one of the worst albums I've ever got...

Maybe I'm just stuck in the past, but I enjoy my early NWA, JJ Fad, Above The Law, DOC all that early Dre produced stuff. Jimmy Z's "Who'z Leroy" has been my jam of late. Even the Aftermath compilation is tight in retrospect.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2007, 08:03:35 AM »
every few years or so it comes up that Dre has fallen off, I remember back in '98 or so this came up then he hit them with those beats on SSLP and NLTD and then the 2001 album and all of a sudden he was back, just a couple of years ago he hit them with the Outta Control remix which was :o, can't think of a much better beat than that

Blu Lacez

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2007, 09:18:54 AM »
i think the problem is alot is expected from Dr Dre!!
When you hear Dr Dre name ..you expectation goes sky high!!

Sometimes as human it's kinda hard to meet everybody expectations..
It's hard to really experiment in Music when you on the level of Dre..cuz alot of folks really expect and demand that you stick to a generic type of style or sound..which is kinda ironic cuz if you, folks will turn around and say that his stuff is repetitive...it's just crazy!!

Am a big fan of Dre..Just like XL Middleton said..Dre has alot of beats under his belt..to award that he is indeed a music genius

Right now am just waiting to see that his musical horizon will be on Detox..will it be laid back Jazz that he seems to be dropping??

Or hard hitting synths sounds that he did in the past??
who knows...i guess that adds to the suspense!!

Stay tuned Folks-it's Gon be A Ride!!

Blu!