Author Topic: Just curious...what would you pick as the best street album of the past year???  (Read 502 times)

JAG

• Lil Geezy
What would you rate as the best street album (all orginal material) of the past year or so (both west coast and national)?  I think Joe Budden's "Mood Music II" was the best street album put out since 2006, but I think Ya Boy's "Chapter 1: The Rise" is the best street album put out on the west coast.  What do ya'll think?
Check out my FREE debut mixtape sponsored by DubCnn.com right here at www.dubcnn.com/mixtapes/jag and check my Myspace page at: www.myspace.com/jagzill.

d-nice

Bishop Lamont- N*gger Noize

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

floatin_above_everything

Of '07? Ya Boy The Rise....Unless u count Return of the Mack as a street album.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
dogg chit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG

this thread is about street albums not "albums" u dumb ass dogg pound cheerleader  8)

floatin_above_everything

this thread is about street albums not "albums" u dumb ass dogg pound cheerleader  8)

OK, well then since it's become your thread, why don't you tell us the criteria of what separates and album from an street album.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Too $hort - Pimpin Inc.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG

OK, well then since it's become your thread, why don't you tell us the criteria of what separates and album from an street album.

unlike real "albums" you can't find "street albums" in every major store

right mate? 8)

floatin_above_everything

LOL, youre an idiot. Some "street" album do make the stores. JR Writer, Writer's Block 4 wasn't a street album? It's in every store out here. Even that Ya Boy is in some stores.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
LOL, youre an idiot. Some "street" album do make the stores. JR Writer, Writer's Block 4 wasn't a street album? It's in every store out here. Even that Ya Boy is in some stores.

but we can all agree that dogg chit isn't a street album

right mate?  8)

floatin_above_everything

but we can all agree that dogg chit isn't a street album

right mate?  8)

It's got a street feel too it, and it's not on a major ( Koch is still an indie, and even then Koch didn't have much to do with this record ), so I'll call it a street album, mate.

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
Ya Boy Chapter 1:The Rise
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

d-nice

To me the industry is going the street album route. It is a quick way for a artist to get original material out while his or her mainstream album is being worked on. Bishop Lamont is a perfect example. Why wait around for maybe years at a time before your album come out on Aftermath? He has fresh, new material that is LP worthy and quality and he is putting it out. It's creates a buzz or keeps the buzz a artist already has. It is just called a street album because many times it just comes out. No set street date, no promo, no nothing. It is just another means to getting your music out there.

floatin_above_everything

To me the industry is going the street album route. It is a quick way for a artist to get original material out while his or her mainstream album is being worked on. Bishop Lamont is a perfect example. Why wait around for maybe years at a time before your album come out on Aftermath? He has fresh, new material that is LP worthy and quality and he is putting it out. It's creates a buzz or keeps the buzz a artist already has. It is just called a street album because many times it just comes out. No set street date, no promo, no nothing. It is just another means to getting your music out there.

Good explanation D-Nice + 1.