Author Topic: Crooked I "Hip-Hop Weekly Vol. 2" - Disses DMX! [Audio]  (Read 1406 times)

Crunkadelic

• Lil Geezy
Re: Crooked I "Hip-Hop Weekly Vol. 2" - Disses DMX! [Audio]
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2007, 06:37:42 AM »
who is that other dude crooked i disses on it? and why?

Don Imus - he's been in the news for calling the black women of a basketball team "nappy-headed hoes".

I think it wouldve been much better if Crooked I focuse his diss track more on Imus cause it just a bigger issue...especially since disrespecting women since to be part of hiphop nowadays. And plus really at the end of the day, DMX was just stating his opinion.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2007, 07:03:47 AM »
great to see thread on dubcc with crooked i mentioned and no people hating. crooked i respond was great, he reacted perfect. i mean comparing crooked i with dmx inna way "crook didnt released shit, dmx is platinum" is bullshit. crooked i stood up fro whole westcoast and smashed dmx with this. this is what they call one shot kill hehe..anyway great to see yall reacted positive on this..crooked reads this shit np doubt like he xplained in "straight to the bank" freestyle...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2007, 07:55:11 AM »
great to see thread on dubcc with crooked i mentioned and no people hating. crooked i respond was great, he reacted perfect. i mean comparing crooked i with dmx inna way "crook didnt released shit, dmx is platinum" is bullshit. crooked i stood up fro whole westcoast and smashed dmx with this. this is what they call one shot kill hehe..anyway great to see yall reacted positive on this..crooked reads this shit np doubt like he xplained in "straight to the bank" freestyle...

Maybe u forgot to read my post or just ignored it but imo all DMX did was say he don't like the musical style of the west. He did not directly attack anyone so whats wrong with that? its his opinion.

I find it hilarious that crooked hears someones opinion on music and first thing he does is run to the booth and drop a diss track.

Dude should have the same energy to run to the booth and an album.

Snoop smashed Crooked DIRECTLY but i didn't see Crooked drop no diss track to him days later.

JohnnyL

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2007, 09:37:52 AM »
  It's nice diss track.  Crooked comes correct as usual.  But to an extent, I have to agree with DMX.  There are too many clones on the west coast.  I don't wanna buy albums from a 100 different west coast cats that have 16 tracks each and every one of them is talking about their bitches, their cars, or how much weed they smoke.
  There's an MC Ren thread on this forum right now (what's Ren's best lp).  And one of the tracks people keep talking about is the Ren and Cube collabo from "Ruthless 4 Life."  Well, if you listen to Ren's part, he's addressing the same thing I think X was talking about.  People rapping about "smoking a million blunts a day, shootin' a hundred niggas, and sayin't they walked away/without a scratch, some Rambo-shit, it's outta hand..."  Maybe from Crooked's perspective, it's a case of the west coast is our coast, so it's okay for one of our own to criticise.  And to a degree, I guess I can buy that.  Still, it doesn't mean that what X said doesn't ring true.
  It think if Crooked really wanted to show DMX what's up, in addition to the diss, he should release another song like "Nobody Understands Me."  That song right there shows that you can't put Crooked I in the category of boring, generic, westcoast rapper who has nothing original to say.
  I still appreciate Crooked I standing up for the west, cause there's a lot of legitimate talent out there.  You can't really lump the whole coast into one category.  And DMX should understand that the reason there's a lot of garbage from the west coast on the radio and t.v. is the same reason there's a lot of garbage from the east on the radio and on t.v.  And it's actually pretty simple.  People don't get music deals on skill alone.  If they did the whole music scene would be a million times better, but that's just the way it is.  Anyone who gets on the internet and looks, knows they can always find good music on here.  Crooked I is a prime example.  Dude's got a million good mp3s, and not one retail cd to show for it.

$Eg2$

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2007, 10:36:17 AM »

Maybe u forgot to read my post or just ignored it but imo all DMX did was say he don't like the musical style of the west. He did not directly attack anyone so whats wrong with that? its his opinion.

I find it hilarious that crooked hears someones opinion on music and first thing he does is run to the booth and drop a diss track.

Snoop smashed Crooked DIRECTLY but i didn't see Crooked drop no diss track to him days later.

In mid-2006, Snoop was interviewed by Nima @ dubcnn about his thoughts on West Coast Unity, blah blah blah... when Nima asked Snoop what his thoughts were on Crooked I, Snoop basically dissed him.  In other words, he looked like a hypocrite talking all peaceful about stopping all of the intercoastal beefing going on in the West, yet can't extend the olive branch to Crooked I.  WTF??

A day or two after the Snoop interview, Nima caught up with Crooked I and wanted his response to Snoop's interview, to which Crooked tried to reach out to Snoop by wanting to meet up with him personally and settling their differences once and for all.  He was then quoted as saying that "West Coast Unity isn't possible if you exclude Crooked I."  To this day, Snoop hasn't replied to Crooked's dubcnn interview.

So a couple months go by, and Crooked dropped L.A. City freestyle, which was full of subliminal shots @ Snoop.  Snoop still ain't gotten back to Crooked on it.  But the freestyle was all too obvious who he's referring to.  You should download it since you're under the false impression that Crooked ain't done anything about it.  Because you're wrong, dude.  He has, it's just Snoop ain't trying to go there with him at the moment. 

Here's my opinion for why Snoop ain't responded to Crooked's peace attempt as well as the L.A. City freestyle.  Because it would make him look stupid for trying to gather up the whole West Coast on some "peace & love, stop the intercoastal beefing" antic, while he excludes a fellow West Coaster from the mix. 

Yep props you layed it down pretty good hopefully the hater was able this  8)

therealwest

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2007, 11:23:42 AM »
DMX makes some comments about the west and crooked gets  >:( but when Snoop served him on a plate he bowed down and drops a song praising the west artists including snoop... ::)

shyts disgusting..

"Its Dark and Hell is hot" >>>> Crookeds entire career

every dogg has its day his will come tooo..its the art of war u just have to do it right

Crunkadelic

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2007, 11:36:28 AM »
rue.
  It think if Crooked really wanted to show DMX what's up, in addition to the diss, he should release another song like "Nobody Understands Me."  That song right there shows that you can't put Crooked I in the category of boring, generic, westcoast rapper who has nothing original to say.

Release it on what?  ??? You think X is really gonna listen to a mixtape from a "little" west coast artist?

Unless he actually acknowledge Crooked I, then that would be different. But When X was speakin about the west, Im pretty he was referring to the perception of it that we all see on TV (Snoop being the prime represenative).

I remember Crooked I sayin shit that was similar to what DMX said in an interview a few years back, bascially sayin that theres more to the West than what the general public perceives (everybody thinkin its all about Roger Troutman/PFunk samples and shit, etc etc) but they dont know because its hard for other west coast artists and makes it big - this was before Game came and supposedly "brought the west back".

And I remember when Snoop actually told Dubcc in an interview that the only way west coast artists would blow up is if they got his "stamp of approval".

d-nice

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »
  It's nice diss track.  Crooked comes correct as usual.  But to an extent, I have to agree with DMX.  There are too many clones on the west coast.  I don't wanna buy albums from a 100 different west coast cats that have 16 tracks each and every one of them is talking about their bitches, their cars, or how much weed they smoke.
  There's an MC Ren thread on this forum right now (what's Ren's best lp).  And one of the tracks people keep talking about is the Ren and Cube collabo from "Ruthless 4 Life."  Well, if you listen to Ren's part, he's addressing the same thing I think X was talking about.  People rapping about "smoking a million blunts a day, shootin' a hundred niggas, and sayin't they walked away/without a scratch, some Rambo-shit, it's outta hand..."  Maybe from Crooked's perspective, it's a case of the west coast is our coast, so it's okay for one of our own to criticise.  And to a degree, I guess I can buy that.  Still, it doesn't mean that what X said doesn't ring true.
  I still appreciate Crooked I standing up for the west, cause there's a lot of legitimate talent out there.  You can't really lump the whole coast into one category.  And DMX should understand that the reason there's a lot of garbage from the west coast on the radio and t.v. is the same reason there's a lot of garbage from the east on the radio and on t.v.  And it's actually pretty simple.  People don't get music deals on skill alone.  If they did the whole music scene would be a million times better, but that's just the way it is.  Anyone who gets on the internet and looks, knows they can always find good music on here.  Crooked I is a prime example.  Dude's got a million good mp3s, and not one retail cd to show for it.

The Ren example could apply to any rapper from any coast. DMX applied his blanket statement to a whole coast. Which I find funny because we have a very diverse hip hop culture out here, it's the same old story, the gangsta rap gets all the airtime. It was just a matter of time a mc was going to step up to the plate and say something about it. Would have been funny if Kurupt dissed him again.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2007, 12:05:47 PM »
DON'T FORGET THIS IS ONLY A FREESTYLE!! and it's so dope!

Al Bundy

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »
DON'T FORGET THIS IS ONLY A FREESTYLE!!

Don't forget, this is all Crooked I ever releases  ::)

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2007, 12:54:02 PM »

So a couple months go by, and Crooked dropped L.A. City freestyle, which was full of subliminal shots @ Snoop.  Snoop still ain't gotten back to Crooked on it.  But the freestyle was all too obvious who he's referring to.  You should download it since you're under the false impression that Crooked ain't done anything about it.  Because you're wrong, dude.  He has, it's just Snoop ain't trying to go there with him at the moment. 

So u saying it took crooked I a couple of MONTHS before he dropped a freestyle responding to snoop after being dissed by NAME and when DMX give his opinion about west coast it took him a couple of DAYS.

Now thats what i call laughable, maybe the reason snoop never responded is as u say "months" went by and snoop forgot about the whole thing and got on with his life.

I was a fan of crooked I in the late 90's but dudes the biggest joke in west coast hip hop now.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2007, 03:05:22 PM »
DON'T FORGET THIS IS ONLY A FREESTYLE!!

Don't forget, this is all Crooked I ever releases  ::)
meaning it's so dope,and imagine how dope would it be if he would wrote the lyrics and record over his beat!

there are 100's of dope mc's on tha west that never released an album,...only featured as guests on some songs...it's like that! at least we got 2 mixtapes and 1000 of other songs! he is still young,has his fanbase...hope he we get tha album soon!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2007, 03:22:49 PM »
he is still young? damn...how old is dude?

Episcop, you are a cool dude and a true fan but surely you realize no one actually hates Crooked, we just want to pick up his album someday and anything negative that comes from us is just the frustration of not being able to do so. it means we like him alot. it's like when the president gets elected and then goes on a 3 month extended vacation, it's like 'wtf?' how you gonna come out like "i'm the illest....see you someday" when nas spit live at the BBQ he was the how new buzz and within a couple years he had Illmatic and it's been on for the don since. Crooked had that oppurtunity at least twice, maybe thrice..it's just a shame man. No one is hating on Crooked, we're hating on the situation.

as for dude that keeps saying Crooked is laughable for dissing DMX quickly and snoop slowly...did you ever read the interview where Crooked responds to snoop on dubcnn? it's one of the realest most mature discussions/dialogues/speeches that Nima has ever provoked and since then i have as much respect/admiration for crooked as I do for snoop. I still feel like snoop is a child for not responding to him but I mean...since then, snoop did approve the west coast remix of one blood ane that has crooked and snoop so that's progress.

also, didn't snoop and crooked/daz/soopa do that poor man's cry with barrington levy years ago?

anyway, even though DMX was just stating his opinion...he stated it haphazardly and poorly. You have to speak more eloquently when speaking on a whole coast. to say some shit like that about a whole coast without qualifying your statements is asking for trouble. i could see him saying "I don't feel most cats from the west" or "alot of people out west are the same..." but he just said "I ain't feelin noone, it's all the same and nobody can relate" it's like WTF? Clear bias. East Coast cats like to act like the WC is a fad they can dismiss because they figure they started it and they'll be here in the end but somebody (crooked in this case) has to step in and remind them that we ain't goin' nowhere. DMX's early shit is cool but two things:
1)it doesn't fuck with crooked's rapping at all
2)there's nothing you can get out of his music that you can't get out of pac's music and pac's music offers even more.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2007, 03:24:45 PM »
also, dude that keeps dissing crooked for dissing DMX quickly and snoop slowly...did you hear the song 'respect your ogs'? he's paying dues, explaining exactly why he has to pay dues and respect regardless. and VERY few rappers do that, it's maaad real of crooked to do that DESPITE his OG dissing him. Cause he KNOWS if snoop didn't do what snoop did, crooked and every other crip from long beach would not have the oppurtunity to make big rap albums.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

F-cisco

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2007, 03:42:36 PM »
 What Crook needs to do is end the beef with Snoop and let him oversee, manage, and produce his debut album. Can you imagine(no pun intended) our favorite westcoast lyricist over niggarachi's platinum beats lol..... :D