Author Topic: Stat Quo - Here We Go (produced by Dr.Dre, 1st single off Statlanta)  (Read 1667 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Not cdq. Beat is crazy, Stat is cool, its the 2nd time he tried to copy 50s hook style.

Great beat nonetheless, cant wait for cdq

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=27014277
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 03:46:36 PM by Timbo the king »

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Told yall  8)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
^^^I always believed you rebel on this ;)

Yo about the joint!

DRE COMES GOOD!!

the beat is banging, its a in da club beat with a twist......the claps are gone and its a different drum pattern.....but the good news to those like myself is that the drum pattern is banging....shit hits hard unlike the soft drum pattern he had going lately.....DRE FINALLY DONE SOME GOOD SHIT AGAIN!!haha

this shits all over the straight to the bank and amusement park joint just for the beat.....Stat holds it down, he does not come great, but he comes good enough for a club joint....not sure if it is catchy enough to bie huge but it should with the right video and backing get enough club spins and be enough for stat to blow up

can see this getting club spins!

Nice beat.....I wonder if others niggaz gone spit over the beat,lol.....

I got nuttin against stat by the way, i was one who backed him more than most on here when he first dropped....and i still expect him to come good on his album........i just dont think he exactly 'fits' the beat.....

BUT overall mad props on the hookup, possible big hit in the making!

pz!

Invincible

Meh, not amazing. The beat just lacks something i think but it is still better than mostly anything out at the moment. Hook is a bit long. It is actually seems like hook is longer than his verses. I was expecting something a bit better for a first single.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:05:05 PM by dopewhiterapper-a wannabe »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^I always believed you rebel on this ;)

Yo about the joint!

DRE COMES GOOD!!

the beat is banging, its a in da club beat with a twist......the claps are gone and its a different drum pattern.....but the good news to those like myself is that the drum pattern is banging....shit hits hard unlike the soft drum pattern he had going lately.....DRE FINALLY DONE SOME GOOD SHIT AGAIN!!haha

this shits all over the straight to the bank and amusement park joint just for the beat.....Stat holds it down, he does not come great, but he comes good enough for a club joint....not sure if it is catchy enough to bie huge but it should with the right video and backing get enough club spins and be enough for stat to blow up

can see this getting club spins!

Nice beat.....I wonder if others niggaz gone spit over the beat,lol.....

I got nuttin against stat by the way, i was one who backed him more than most on here when he first dropped....and i still expect him to come good on his album........i just dont think he exactly 'fits' the beat.....

BUT overall mad props on the hookup, possible big hit in the making!

pz!

It shits on Amusemnt Park but Straight To The Bank ? Thats a tough one for me, that beat is straight fire, the beat flips several times, here it doesnt. And call me a sucker for violins and bassline but I love that sound and miss it from Dre over the beats he made lately. And 50s intro and 1st verse is better than both from Stat.

Still, Dre didnt even produce that, much props to Ty Fyfe, gotta wait for what Dre brings on Come And Go 50s beeng hyping.

Nice joint though, expected worst! Patiently waiting for CDQ
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:10:23 PM by Timbo the king »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I think stat comes better than 50 did on both tracks....stat always has energy like when he spittin he looking to rhyme, 50 use to have that, 50 sounds like he dont want to be rapping to me right now....straight to the bank was weak to me, i don't know why....the beat was decent but the joint was not.....to me this is much better....well better atleast....nothing against straight to the bank, but it aint my type of shit unless its done fully right....and to me i heard much better shit with that sound....this is heat to me

pz

p.s...who knows my positions my change, but the beat is hella catchy to this right now

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Meh, not amazing. The beat just lacks something i think but it is still better than mostly anything out at the moment. Hook is a bit long. It is actually seems like hook is longer than his verses. I was expecting something a bit better for a first single.

yeah the hook is ....i dont know....it is weird no doubt....still nice joint for a first single though..........i like the beat, i think its bangin, i don't know why but it reminds me of a eminem beat a bit....i hate eminem productions most of the time because he a garbage producer imo and even though this is dre, it for some reason reminds me of his shit abit....but i think its real nice.....ofcourse nuttin westcoast or detox material about the beat, but its heat to me right now
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:22:06 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think stat comes better than 50 did on both tracks....stat always has energy like when he spittin he looking to rhyme, 50 use to have that, 50 sounds like he dont want to be rapping to me right now....straight to the bank was weak to me, i don't know why....the beat was decent but the joint was not.....to me this is much better....well better atleast....nothing against straight to the bank, but it aint my type of shit unless its done fully right....and to me i heard much better shit with that sound....this is heat to me

pz

p.s...who knows my positions my change, but the beat is hella catchy to this right now

I agree about that for Amusement Park but no way for Straight To The Bank.

Anyways, mp3 of it:

http://lix.in/2dc998

Invincible

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I like Stat's flow and voice, hes not like the other kids from the south. Beat is too busy, but its ok. Similar flow to "Get Low". PROPS

jeromechickenbone

Re: Stat Quo - Here We Go (produced by Dr.Dre, 1st single off Statlanta)
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 06:03:01 PM »
Beat was average at best.  Stat brings nothing new to the table.

Matty

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 06:11:15 PM »
beat is nice, hopefully the bass is rumbling in cdq. still expecting more from dre though.

TRG

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 06:21:23 PM »
well i think the beat is tight.. waiting for the CDQ i think it will sound a whole lot better n even different in CDQ.. props meho

dameons

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 08:34:59 PM »
Mp3 version......http://rapidshare.com/files/30443958...kyblog.com.mp3

Above average, almost great...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 08:39:16 PM »
Cot damm...fucc the talk, this track is dope as hell. The drum pattern just goes hard with the instruments on there, and it gives it a lot more energy than Dre's other shit. Maybe we see the direction Detox is going now. He took a Old School pattern to go along with the old school Slick Rick "Here we go"....and Stat is kinda gettin off on it, a lot better than he did on Get Low.