Author Topic: A Few Questions On The "NWA Reunion" 2000 era  (Read 781 times)

StevenQBosell

A Few Questions On The "NWA Reunion" 2000 era
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
So "Hello" and "Chin Check" came out, and Dre was on BET stating the name of the album was "No These Niggaz Again" or so I recall.

Here are my questions:

1. Snoop was to replace Eazy, right?

2. I don't recall seeing Yella on anything, was he even invited to participate in the sessions?

3. Are there any other tracks leaked besides Chin Check and Hello?

4. And finally, what the hell happened? I would assume even a 12 track LP would have been acceptable, back around 2000 - 2002, and right after Chrondo 2000 would have seemed like a perfect time to drop the "new" NWA record.

Why'd the whole project fall through?  ??? I would have loved to hear the rest of the material...

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: A Few Questions On The "NWA Reunion" 2000 era
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 01:19:27 PM »
They just never had the time to get together and record it. Everyone was doing their own thing and when asked about it in interviews, Cube and Snoop would always say "It's on Dre, we're waiting on Dre", etc. I don't recall Yella ever being involved.

Aside from those two tracks you mentioned, no other material surfaced. Although I read that MC Ren had a verse on 2001's "Bang Bang" before he was replaced. And Xzibit's "U Know" off his Restless album was originally a beat for the new N.W.A album but it was given to Xzibit instead.

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 01:26:53 PM »
those 2 songs were the only ones recorded and yes it was due to busy schedules, cube doing movies, snoop doing albums with his crew, dre doing productions and other shit, ren was waiting on all of them. wouldve been a hot album farreal though if it happened...........ahhhhhhh what if  :o

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »
damn what if :'(
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »
damn i remember i was like holy shit when i first heard both those tracks. great tracks.

i think it's basically like any other project of legendary people working together... falls through. they've raised their standards and have to have everything their way. i'm not saying this just about nwa. i think it's a damn shame though because mc ren is forgotten and i think that would have done him a lot of good. hell i think a project like that might have gotten a lot more activity in the west besides the fact the album would've been too fuckin nice.

as for snoop i don't really think that's necessary. snoops a west coast legend as much as nwa but nwa is nwa and i like them like they've always been. plus efil4zaggin was just 3 rappers and i liked it waaaaaayyyy waaaaaaaayyyyyy better then straight outta compton just replace eazy with cube. i mean i don't care that much if snoops in or not. i think it would have been sick if they'd held off on releasing some eazy verses for this project.

i'm almost positive i heard yella co produced chin check or something like that.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »
They just never had the time to get together and record it. Everyone was doing their own thing and when asked about it in interviews, Cube and Snoop would always say "It's on Dre, we're waiting on Dre", etc. I don't recall Yella ever being involved.
Exactly, it was all on Dre.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:19:20 PM »
Exactly, it was all on Dre.

Hmm... I wonder why the Doctor disn't just go ahead and finish through with the project... even his throwaway 2001 beats would have made this LP a top to bottom banger.

If out of 12 songs, Snoop was only on 4 or 5, I think that'd be a good trade off.

Considering how long ago the project was supposed to be released, I wonder if Dre would EVER even consider doing this freakin long awaited reunion album.

Although, I kinda only wanna hear the project with those Mel Man era beats. I feel that Cube, Ren , Dre and Snoop were just silk over those beats....

The Predator

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »
Dr Dre couldn't be bothered.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 09:32:59 PM »
how the fucc is u gonna have NWA without the OG. NWA dead niggas. It's tombstone reads Eric Wright.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »
And there aint never gonna be a NWA reunion. They could use the name and have Ren, Dre, Cube and Yella. But I say fucc 'em. That aint NWA. None of these bitch ass niggas was wit it when E was livin so motherfucc 'em. 8)

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 05:50:52 AM »
Not really an NWA track, but Set It Off from Snoop's Last Meal had Cube & Ren and I seem to remember people Connecting it to the NWA reunion. (It's produced by Timbaland).

MediumL

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 06:48:04 AM »
Yella didn't take part cause he didn't go on the Up In Smoke Tour where it was all recorded, thats what i heard. Regarding the reunion Dre was focusing on getting his label up and started but in the end he didnt have time  :-\

Another thing, is that Dre and Ice Cubes album was gonna be released on Death Row but Suge decided he wanted Nate and others to take priority! How annoying is that?!?! Natural Born Killas was amazing and so was Keep Their Head Ringing, it could have been another classic...  :'(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »
IMO I never had a problem with Snoop on the tracks...my problem was when the tracklisting of the Next Friday OST said NWA - Chin Check when it should've read NWA ft. Snoop Dogg  - Chin Check. He could've been on 10 tracks for all I care, as long as they made the distinction of not including him as part of the group.

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 12:36:33 AM »
Its only right that NWA come with a album asap. If a NWA album cant happen it would be dope to see Cube and Ren come with a album instead.

Al Bundy

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 12:55:08 AM »
And there aint never gonna be a NWA reunion. They could use the name and have Ren, Dre, Cube and Yella. But I say fucc 'em. That aint NWA. None of these bitch ass niggas was wit it when E was livin so motherfucc 'em. 8)

Are you Eazy-E's wife? all you post is about him. it seems like you're a bitch ass nigga.