Author Topic: Mack 10's The Recipe. Classic?  (Read 451 times)

whatthehell

Re: Mack 10's The Recipe. Classic?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »
no way but so cool songs on it.

Weh this album dropped i think it was te first new eazy e tack in a while so i thought that was cool. I still love that track with Snoop too.

Only reason I bought this album back in the day was for that track with Eazy. Not feelin most of Mack 10's music.

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 02:23:49 PM »
When I first heard Mack, I thought he might become one of the best...That never happened and he never released anything near a classic to me including The Recipe....To me, a true classic has to BANG front to back and I don't think Mac 10 has ever done this even though he's had some nice songs.     

XaNdEr

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 12:50:02 AM »
Hustla's Handbook flopped cause there was no promotion. The label didn't back this project, i even remember when i didn't even heard about it, i checked Limewire and saw some new Mack 10 songs (that was like a month after it came out) and i downloaded them, then i saw it was from a album i didn't know so i did some research and found the album. I ordered it when i knew it was a new official record.

This says enough about the label, they could have made a videoclip for at least 1 song (2 or 3 would be better) and some promotions like banners on sites, interviews with big sites/magazines and stuff like that.

there is a video for "like this"

i remember seeing a few times on bet, just didn't get much play

there was also an access granted for it, and mack even made an appearance on bet's rap city, but still that's not much promotion

i can't find the whole vid on the net, but here's a clip

Oh damn, yeah i remember that video i saw it on Westcoast2k i believe. That's that track with Nate Dogg right? I always wondered about some of the cameo's in htat video, never really knew who the people were who were on the background in that street. Got any info on that?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 12:53:31 AM »
The Recipe is not a classic, but it is a very solid album. I still bump "Get Yo Ride On" to this day and the track with Pun and Joe is probably some of the best work any of the three ever did.

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 09:51:32 AM »
Hustla's Handbook flopped cause there was no promotion. The label didn't back this project, i even remember when i didn't even heard about it, i checked Limewire and saw some new Mack 10 songs (that was like a month after it came out) and i downloaded them, then i saw it was from a album i didn't know so i did some research and found the album. I ordered it when i knew it was a new official record.

This says enough about the label, they could have made a videoclip for at least 1 song (2 or 3 would be better) and some promotions like banners on sites, interviews with big sites/magazines and stuff like that.

there is a video for "like this"

i remember seeing a few times on bet, just didn't get much play

there was also an access granted for it, and mack even made an appearance on bet's rap city, but still that's not much promotion

i can't find the whole vid on the net, but here's a clip

Oh damn, yeah i remember that video i saw it on Westcoast2k i believe. That's that track with Nate Dogg right? I always wondered about some of the cameo's in htat video, never really knew who the people were who were on the background in that street. Got any info on that?

yup 1 with nate dogg. Not so sure about the cameos. I know the big dude with the mohawk is the guy who produced it.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dirdee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 05:26:06 AM »
I think it's a classic.  What do yall think?

I don't like it at all, a pretty decent album imo.