Author Topic: I was thinking, Did Dre and Warren have a close relationship?  (Read 857 times)

therealtran

• 'G'
  • University of Michigan
I was thinking yeah, since they're half brothers, but they never really seem to about each other in interviews... I guess both of them are very independent and have completely different styles of production which makes them only want to use their own shit

Inside Death Row

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I was thinking, Did Dre and Warren have a close relationship?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »
Dre should put some of warrens production on detox....or use some of his production skills. :laugh:

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 12:23:46 PM »
It's always been kind of weird to me...I guess they are close in their own way..Warren G did say that Dre helped him financially a few years ago when he was bankrupt..Musically, it just seems they would have worked together more than they have.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 01:02:29 PM »
If u remember when Warren G 1st came out, alot of people simply wrote him off as Dre's lucky, talentless, little brother. I think the main reason they don't work together if for Warren to show that he can be successful on his own. We also know Dre couldn't produce on Regulate because the Row had him bound.

In the end, I'm not a huge fan of most of Warren's catalog, but he HAS garnered an approriate amount of respect and notoriety, and I bet a large portion of his fans support him without even knowing Dre is his brother.

Al Bundy

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 02:31:03 PM »
Dre should put some of warrens production on detox....or use some of his production skills. :laugh:

I talked to Warren and he will be producing for Detox.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 03:26:07 PM »
warren and dre are tight, producer + producer is less common of a combo than producer + vocalist, that's it.

and dre produced AT LEAST the last two tracks on regulate with warren.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 03:40:50 PM »
I used to always wonder this myself. I guess cuz they barely ever work together we think that means they're not close. But we have to keep in mind that they're both producers first, rappers second, so it might just be hard for them to do stuff together. And as far as the Death Row era...it seems as though Suge had it out for Warren which limited the amount of Dre/G-Dub collabos.

One thing is for sure tho...they work GREAT together when they do link up (see: "Though the Rain" by Phats Bossi).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 09:15:33 PM »
warren and dre are tight, producer + producer is less common of a combo than producer + vocalist, that's it.

and dre produced AT LEAST the last two tracks on regulate with warren.

-T

Noone knows for sure if Dre actually helped Warren with Regulate, although it is possible considering some of the same tracks used on Regulate were supposed to be on Chronic or Doggystyle; however, Warren brought the Gz and Hustlas, og Rat-tat Tat sample, and the og Next Episode to Dre, but when the latter two didn't make either album he used them for himself.

What tracks you think Dre worked on?  Shit sounds too smooth for what Dre was doing at the time, although i don't doubt he helped out on the low.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 01:20:12 AM »
do you see sounds like some Dre shit

even if warren brought in the samples for OG RAT tat tat/and ya don't stop and og next episode/runnin' with no breaks, I'm sure dre was involved in producing them shits to be full ass beats.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 07:52:59 AM »
they never seemed close to me on the whole.

therealtran

• 'G'
  • University of Michigan
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 03:51:03 PM »
there's a huge discrepancy btw their styles of production, too. a dre beat definitely reaks dre and a warren beat definitely reaks warren

Inside Death Row

therealtran

• 'G'
  • University of Michigan
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 03:55:39 PM »
I also wonder if Warren's going to have heavy production on Bishop Lamont's reformation since bishop sees him as a close OG to him, always shouting him out. Hopefully, a Warren production becomes a big club beat 'cause I want to see Warren more recognized in the mainstream he seems to be fading out. he's so dope man

Inside Death Row

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 11:42:26 PM »
yeah im sure bishops album will have warren productio..they are cool..but warren and dre never really seemed close to me

wcsoldier

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 11:49:04 PM »
Both do their own thing.. gotta props Warren G .. he got success on his own, never try to go the easy way by using the fact Dre is his half brother.. fact is the legendary Dre-Snoop duo wouldn't had never happened if Warren didn't give Snoop demo to Dre

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 11:55:03 PM »
I also wonder if Warren's going to have heavy production on Bishop Lamont's reformation since bishop sees him as a close OG to him, always shouting him out. Hopefully, a Warren production becomes a big club beat 'cause I want to see Warren more recognized in the mainstream he seems to be fading out. he's so dope man
I hope not.. Bishop and Warren are an HORRIBLE combo imo (read Warren G latest lp).. their styles don't fit well together imo... well if you just talking about some Warren G beats , why not but more something like "Gorilla pimpin" type of beat instead of the usual Warren laidback type of beat.