Author Topic: Anybody else agree that "East/West Coast Killaz" is Dre's greatest song?  (Read 964 times)

tha letter d

• Lil Geezy
Re: Anybody else agree that "East/West Coast Killaz" is Dre's greatest song?
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »
I could be wrong because I stopped reading the Source after '93 and I know
they did an article revising some past ratings but that list from Wikipedia is laughable. The first ten albums listed came out before the Source even existed. I have all the issues up to '93 excluding the first two. I remember for a fact that The Ghetto Boys "Grip It" got like three and a half. A lot of those albums originally recieved four and a half or were not even reviewed at the time they came out. I just can't agree with a magazine going back and rewriting their own history, as they must have in a later issue. Otherwise Wikipedia has once again gotten the "facts" completely mixed up. They do more harm than help. But this argument/discussion is much needed so I'm glad I saw this thread.

they did an article revising some past ratings
I got The Source issue when they did it,wikipedia is on point this time.
They did it once and can do it again.
They should add 1/2-1 mic to every non east coast release and subtract 1/2-1 mic of every east coast release.

Tha
I could be wrong because I stopped reading the Source after '93 and I know
they did an article revising some past ratings but that list from Wikipedia is laughable. The first ten albums listed came out before the Source even existed. I have all the issues up to '93 excluding the first two. I remember for a fact that The Ghetto Boys "Grip It" got like three and a half. A lot of those albums originally recieved four and a half or were not even reviewed at the time they came out. I just can't agree with a magazine going back and rewriting their own history, as they must have in a later issue. Otherwise Wikipedia has once again gotten the "facts" completely mixed up. They do more harm than help. But this argument/discussion is much needed so I'm glad I saw this thread.

they did an article revising some past ratings
I got The Source issue when they did it,wikipedia is on point this time.
They did it once and can do it again.
They should add 1/2-1 mic to every non east coast release and subtract 1/2-1 mic of every east coast release.

That shit makes me laugh. I would agree with you about adding and subtracting mics and all but that would mean that what the Source says about an album matters in any way to me. Like I said I know they did that article, I just think it's wack of them to not at least stand behind their journalism (whether I think it's wrong or not) and try to rewrite it. I agree that there should be more west coast in that list (Mac Dre "Rapper Gone Bad, King Tee "Act a Fool", WC & the MAAD Circle, and many others for example) however in the long run I couldn't ever let a magazine tell me what to consider a classic, I'll let my own ears do that. And this is in no way an attack on your post, like I said I like the info, I just don't agree with it.