Author Topic: The ultimate N.W.A family interview thread *magazine scans,reviews etc.*  (Read 29870 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Dr.Dre Magazine Scans thread. *Interviews,reviews etc.*
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2007, 01:07:54 PM »
Quote from: Dr.Dre
you take this amount of money, and it can fuck you up later down the road
yeah, as with the aftermath deal  ;D

anyway, Dre was obviously not telling the truth about death row; you can't tell me that everything's cool in 1994, and 2 years later, it's all gone.
i think the D.O.C. was right when he said that it was the beginning of the end of death row shortly after the release of doggystyle.

it's funny how it took 13 years for dre to finally realise the plan to direct movies  ;)

Chad Vader

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2007, 12:36:46 PM »
Eazy-E interview in The Source 1 July 1994 NO.58

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2007, 03:53:17 AM »
thanks for that interview  :)

too bad Eazy-E died so soon, would have been great if volume 2 of the planned double cd was completed ( cold187 would have been a nice addition to the producer lineup for volume 2).

about the contracts with interscope; Ruthless received money from Dre's death row work, but do they also receive money from the aftermath era?

HEC

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2007, 08:16:29 AM »
39 Doggystyle review Hip Hop Connection

thanks for this, I find it interesting that the review gives it 4 stars but basically is saying the whole 2nd half is filler except for a few tracks. Maybe its the Dogg Pound fan in me but "For All My" and "Ain't No Fun" are far from filler 2 of the best of the album if I had to pick one track that is not on par with all the other ones and maybe consider it filler it would be "Pump Pump" but even that is debatable

Chad Vader

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2007, 04:09:08 PM »
about the contracts with interscope; Ruthless received money from Dre's death row work,
but do they also receive money from the aftermath era?

Interesting question that I as far I can remember has never been brought up.
Anyone knows?

Chad Vader

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2007, 06:16:00 AM »
MC Breed interview in The Source September 1994 NO.48

Chad Vader

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2007, 08:14:03 AM »
Dr.Dre; Hawai "Gimme 50ft." in The Source July 1994 NO.58

Chad Vader

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2007, 06:13:46 AM »
World Class WreckinīCrew interview in The Source May 1999 NO.116

Chad Vader

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2007, 09:32:01 AM »
Rakim 1 interview in The Source October 2002 NO.157

Chad Vader

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2007, 10:00:53 AM »
Knocturnal 1 interview in The Source March 2001 NO.138

Chad Vader

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2007, 10:10:18 AM »
The Drama Family interview in The Source October 2003 NO.169

^^^^Î can re-scan it,but it wont be up for a month,I have used up my uploading limit for this month

Chad Vader

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2007, 10:39:59 AM »
Hittman interview in The Source April 2000 NO.127

Lunatic

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2007, 06:47:33 PM »
the Knoc interview WAS DOPE :o
learned a lot bout em, shit i didn't know
23 when knoc's landin started, so he must be 28 now
thought he was older than that

MAD props for that chad 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2007, 06:22:26 AM »
about that NWA interview; dre said that they would come with  "shocking" material; just because you team up with some of the contributors of straight outta compton, doesn't mean you can create an album with similar controversy as straight outta compton.

i'm not saying that Not these niggaz again would have been a bad album ( i actually liked Chin Check and Hello a lot; i'm sure dre would have come up with the "hotter" beats (to quote him). but dre's statement about the shocking material is not realistic ( it's like a mission impossible).
and i doubt that dre would handle the majority of the production; it seems more likely that dre would have mixed every track, and produce half of the album(at most).

anyway, too bad it didn't work out; there was so much shit going on: Eazy-E dead, the D.O.C. and Dre fallout, Dre's stupid deal with interscope and all three "NWA" members were on different labels( although that shouldn't really be a problem, they could release an album on an independant label, and if needed, release the group album under a different name than NWA).

i'm not sure if i still want the three remaining NWA members to do a reunion album. but i really want them to reunite at least one more time ( for example on 1 track for detox).

« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 06:24:33 AM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2007, 01:04:06 PM »
about that NWA interview; dre said that they would come with  "shocking" material; just because you team up with some of the contributors of straight outta compton, doesn't mean you can create an album with similar controversy as straight outta compton.

I'm not saying that Not these niggaz again would have been a bad album
(i actually liked Chin Check and Hello a lot; i'm sure dre would have come up with the "hotter" beats (to quote him).
But dre's statement about the shocking material is not realistic
(it's like a mission impossible).
and i doubt that dre would handle the majority of the production; it seems more likely that dre would have mixed every track,
and produce half of the album(at most).

anyway, too bad it didn't work out; there was so much shit going on:
Eazy-E dead, the D.O.C. and Dre fallout, Dre's stupid deal with interscope and all three "NWA" members were on different labels
( although that shouldn't really be a problem, they could release an album on an independant label, and if needed, release the group album under a different name than NWA).

i'm not sure if i still want the three remaining NWA members to do a reunion album.
but i really want them to reunite at least one more time ( for example on 1 track for detox).

Most the things you brought up is addressed below,no need to repeat it..... ;)

Which duo would u like to see a collab album from the most?
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=157790.0
Ice Cube & Snoop

Even if both artists is dope,all the collabos the have done all came out pretty weak.
If I these two should work on a full album,the NWA album got to be it. (if that shit ever get done,thatīs another story).
Ice Cube should just move on with WSC with WC,maybe adding Ren. There has already been a thread about this,so dead story.
No need to bring all the Mack 10 and change the name issueīs again.
I got to ask the thread starter,why those options in your pool? Why donīt you add more?
Thereīs a lot of artists Too Short can do a duo album with like Scarface,Devin,MC Breed and Pimp C (thatīs hopefully in the works),
but Yukmouth? Yukmouth is dope,but a whole album with Short? Never the less I voted that option,because that was the best of the ones you have put up.

Of course the Snoop and Dre is obvious,but again I rather have a NWA album.
Then we can all our "favorites"  teamed up at once. (this includes Snoop)

Yeah a few of their collabos have been a little weak.
This thread is just hypothetically speaking but a do think a album with the 2 of them would be dope. 

I know weīre talking hypothetically,but based on their past work together itīs safe to say that they donīt have any chemistry.
Itīs sad to say that two west coast icons donīt sound good together,but what to do?
Damn,I wonder how that NWA album would sound,the way I picture it,it would be best if Ren and Cube had their tracks and Dre and Snoop would have theirs plus a couple of all of them together.
Dre seem to have chemistry with all of them,so heīs no problem but Ren and and Cube donīt have any chemistry with Snoop.
Actually Ren sound better with Snoop than Cube,sad to say when all of them is dope as a mofo!

36 Dre-Related Facts People May Not Know About, [just finished reading his book]
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=142954.0
30. N.W.A. was almost bout to get back together for a reunion (Eazy included) till the Murder was the Case soundtrack came out, Eazy having heard the song "What Would U Do?" by dogg pound where there dissing eazy decided fuck it and restarted the beef...he would retaliate by recording his own song with the same name.

That NWA album (Dre/Snoop/Cube/Ren) should of fukkin dropped, would be class
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150653.0
Looking back I think itīs good that the reunion never happened because like many people said already, I wasnīt a fan of Snoop in NWA at all and secondly from todayīs point of view itīs better that they didnīt play with their legacy. Sure, there might have come out some classic tracks and a very good album from it but one of the reasons why NWA was so groundbreaking in the first place was the era they dropped. Imagine the album and people are still talking about that gangsta stuff. I think it would have been lame. Let others recycle the same shit over and over again. Not the worldīs most dangerous group, especially not without Eazy and Yella.

Man who better to give you that raw authentic gangsta shit than NWA?
I'm sure they would have put they own twist on it if they would have put a album out,Or they could have tackled other issues as well.
But yeah I am glad for legacy purposes it did not happen.

When I heard Murder these murders,I was like damn this shit got that 2007 NWA sound. Kam came hard on that,
he should ask Ren to hit the third verse and/or get Cube on it to.
The topics don't have be "gangster" to be hardcore,
if they ever get down to do the NWA record I'm sure Cube and Ren is creative enough to come up with other shit.

A Few Questions On The "NWA Reunion" 2000 era
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=145270.0