Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Dr. Dre Gives An Interview  (Read 4329 times)

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: BREAKING NEWS:Dr. Dre Says Detox Delayed Again: 'I Like The Pressure'
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2007, 02:09:11 AM »
Which producer had his jaw broken from Dre?

Dammn all these years, and I hadn't heard of that one......well thats because not a huge Dre fan, and since most seem to be, I tend to tune out.....hmmm

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: BREAKING NEWS:Dr. Dre Says Detox Delayed Again: 'I Like The Pressure'
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2007, 04:47:31 AM »
Seriously guys, you guys need to chill out, Dre hasn't given an interview in years...it IS coming, thats all you need to worry about, just enjoy the wait, the music will deliver...don't let the expectation crush the eventual realisation!

props, that is real talk right there. i try to say that in most Detox threads, just not in that way.

Okka

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
who's Detox?

Okka

Westcoastfanatic

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Dr. Dre Gives An Interview
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2007, 12:54:23 PM »
Dre's next interview should be with Source magazine. Bout 2 months before Detox.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »
its a myth just to keep the buzz up at aftermath hes punkin the shit out of all of us haha

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2007, 02:58:52 PM »
Somebody needs to scan the whole shit, here's another piece:

The new issue of GQ has a rare interview with Andre Young. He talks about a bunch of stuff like the N.W.A. days and the Curtis and Game beef, but of course this is what caught my attention. Maybe it’s common knowledge that Dre still burns trees, but these days I tend to think of him as an old fogie elder statesmen type of dude, so it kind of bugged me out to actually hear him say it.

So you actually smoked “the chronic,” that particular strain of weed?
Yeah.

You didn’t freak out the first time?
Nah. I liked it.

Did it become part of your creative
process?
Weed doesn’t make me more creative. I don’t smoke before I work. I like to smoke when I’m done and listen back to the music, under the influence. [laughs] Some people can go in and smoke from morning to evening and it doesn’t affect them. But it slows me down. I’ve definitely created stuff high before, but I prefer to do it the other way.

When was your peak of weed smoking?
Um—last night? [laughs] It’s still goin’. Nothing’s changed.

Also interesting is where he claims to have left Death Row with adequate compensation and then acts as if Suge never took one penny from him that he didn’t deserve. Which is funny seeing as Dre has a lawsuit pending against what’s left of the company as we speak.

The Predator

« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »
He was clearly buzzed during the original Chronic sessions, you can hear him giggling and sounding all charge up over that album.

He also in the past admitted to dropping E pills during the recording sessions of Slim Shady or Marshal Mathers album.

Lately though his music reflects like Dre has been on sleeping pills in the studio.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:42:09 PM by The Predator »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2007, 05:57:33 PM »
He was clearly buzzed during the original Chronic sessions, you can hear him giggling and sounding all charge up over that album.

He also in the past admitted to dropping E pills during the recording sessions of Slim Shady or Marshal Mathers album.

Lately though his music reflects like Dre has been on sleeping pills in the studio.

lmao, props that shit made me laugh but its so true. de beats are starting to sound his age, like out of touch for more than a few years, dre needs to update and future his sound like he did with 2001...i feel like dre is sleeping when his making those beats or hella tired....maybe nigga needs to stop hittin the gym before work, at his age he probably fucked walking into the studio

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2007, 09:05:20 AM »
Somebody needs to scan the whole shit, here's another piece:

The new issue of GQ has a rare interview with Andre Young. He talks about a bunch of stuff like the N.W.A. days and the Curtis and Game beef, but of course this is what caught my attention. Maybe it’s common knowledge that Dre still burns trees, but these days I tend to think of him as an old fogie elder statesmen type of dude, so it kind of bugged me out to actually hear him say it.

So you actually smoked “the chronic,” that particular strain of weed?
Yeah.

You didn’t freak out the first time?
Nah. I liked it.

Did it become part of your creative
process?
Weed doesn’t make me more creative. I don’t smoke before I work. I like to smoke when I’m done and listen back to the music, under the influence. [laughs] Some people can go in and smoke from morning to evening and it doesn’t affect them. But it slows me down. I’ve definitely created stuff high before, but I prefer to do it the other way.

When was your peak of weed smoking?
Um—last night? [laughs] It’s still goin’. Nothing’s changed.

Also interesting is where he claims to have left Death Row with adequate compensation and then acts as if Suge never took one penny from him that he didn’t deserve. Which is funny seeing as Dre has a lawsuit pending against what’s left of the company as we speak.

Prop Bones1 for the OG post.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »
^
thanks for that, that 1986 picture is crazy