Author Topic: Listen to Felt 2, right now  (Read 719 times)

Hey Ma

Re: Listen to Felt 2, right now
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2007, 11:40:11 PM »
just listened to it not my style either I think the West Coast will forever be about gangsta rap that is how we do it and we do it the best

man shut the fuck up

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2007, 09:47:34 AM »
just heard felt 1.

shit is okay, the only really dope song is 'hot bars' but it's an 'eh' album for real.

anyway, I don't like all slug and murs anti-marijuana sentiment.

there's a song on felt 1 where this hot ass chick offers a hit of her blunt and they're like nah we don't smoke

and on felt II, murs talks about kicking a chick out of bed cause her breath is so blunt-y.
 what a bunch of fuckin' squares.

and this other song Murs says 'i used to go to parties get weeded and stand around'
and on felt 1 he's talking about zombies that smoke blunts and shit. I'm like get the fuck outta here with that, ain't you from cali? Just cause your mom and dad run your merch booth and shit and you've seen your dumb hood ass friends fuck up with drugs it ain't weed's fault.

but hey, i'm hella biased. still felt 2 is the shit.

outside of that though, coo'.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

We Fly High

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007, 01:16:40 PM »
murs doesnt drink or smoke now. he used to, but i think its been a long while. murs used to sell weed in berkely on telegraph..

even though i smoke a lot, at the same time i understand his perspective though. Theres a reason that hes the king of the underground right now, and his hustle is impeccable. Its because he doesnt have any drugs/alcohol cloudin his mind, and at any point hes 100% conscious of the decisions that he is making.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 12:59:20 AM »
i'm not really hating, which is why i said:
"but hey, i'm hella biased. still felt 2 is the shit.

outside of that though, coo'."

BUT I don't think weed/alcohol hampers other people's success if used creatively.

cause if we're talking strictly from a hustle perspective I think Nas, 50, and Kanye all have Murs beat and at least two of those dudes drink/smoke. what Murs should be propped for is his great balance of artistry and hustle but his hustle would only be impeccable if he dumbed his shit down to the lowest common denominator and made up a dance. but he ain't tryna do that(legitimately so)

so I see what you're saying, but I see his hustle and drug intake as two totally different things.

i think coming from the underground, you have to be as accessible as possible to have monetary success and things like drinking/smoking can be polarizing so it's a smart business move to have that straight edge image. cause if he smoked/drank but didn't shoot people/talk about violence and gangs people that are not educated about hip hop would be lukewarm on him and think he's a half gangster rapper/lukewarm gangsta rapper. Cause you gotta be one extreme or the other from a marketability stand point.

gangsta rappers are 'so' bad so they sell themselves like that. Boy bands are so 'sweet/good' so they sell themselves like that. Murs and rappers like Murs market themselves to be like an every man "I don't have a big house, guns, or bling..I'm just like you" and they can say that and get more people to believe that if they don't limit themselves to the minority, which is people that get inebriated versus people that don't/separate that part of their lives from their identity vehemently.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Al Bundy

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 06:51:14 AM »
just listened to it not my style either I think the West Coast will forever be about gangsta rap that is how we do it and we do it the best

man shut the fuck up

for real. fucking ignorant shits. i don't like their shit but i respect the hustle. +1 to hey ma and -1 to dick sucking dana.

We Fly High

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2007, 07:01:43 AM »

BUT I don't think weed/alcohol hampers other people's success if used creatively.
agree for creative purposes, but it definitely impedes your hustle and work ethic. Basically, its like for every minute you spend drinking/smoking, you could have spent that minute thinking about new business opportunities or other ways to achieve success.

cause if we're talking strictly from a hustle perspective I think Nas, 50, and Kanye all have Murs beat and at least two of those dudes drink/smoke. what Murs should be propped for is his great balance of artistry and hustle but his hustle would only be impeccable if he dumbed his shit down to the lowest common denominator and made up a dance. but he ain't tryna do that(legitimately so)

if you think about the recent rock the bells/paid dues tour that made their way all over the country through like 14/15 cities, you know Murs was just about entirely responsble for holdin down the Paid Dues part. Paid Dues is his creation and his tour, the first and only independent hip hop tour. He was responsible for all 36 underground rappers that travelled in those 3 buses. Murs 3:16 presents Paid Dues. Warner Bros wasnt even there for support.

You look at Kanye,50,and Nas, theyre all so big time, that they can afford to have an entire team to help them out with their hustle. thats why Kanye and Nas get anywhere is because they have a whole team at their record label to back them up. They can afford to drink/smoke and act wild sometimes. 50 has over $100 million to back him up, but I aint going to deny 50s hustle, cos he put himself on the map real hard, but Nas' is definitely questionable.... There really hasnt been an indy rapper that has sold as many albums as Murs has besides like Slug.. Murs has like 10 albums, each sold 50,000, and that was all prior to signing to Warner Bros. He legitimately got a deal, as opposed to a lot of these new rappers getting deals off their relationships and co-signs

so I see what you're saying, but I see his hustle and drug intake as two totally different things.

i think coming from the underground, you have to be as accessible as possible to have monetary success and things like drinking/smoking can be polarizing so it's a smart business move to have that straight edge image. cause if he smoked/drank but didn't shoot people/talk about violence and gangs people that are not educated about hip hop would be lukewarm on him and think he's a half gangster rapper/lukewarm gangsta rapper. Cause you gotta be one extreme or the other from a marketability stand point.
agree, and its just good for a change to hear an album with no swearing, each swear word could have been replaced with a much more effective and meaningful word. why confine yourself to these 7 cuss words to express yourself?

gangsta rappers are 'so' bad so they sell themselves like that. Boy bands are so 'sweet/good' so they sell themselves like that. Murs and rappers like Murs market themselves to be like an every man "I don't have a big house, guns, or bling..I'm just like you" and they can say that and get more people to believe that if they don't limit themselves to the minority, which is people that get inebriated versus people that don't/separate that part of their lives from their identity vehemently.

-T

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2007, 08:15:05 AM »

man shut the fuck up

for real. fucking ignorant shits. i don't like their shit but i respect the hustle. +1 to hey ma and -1 to dick sucking dana.

its just an opiniion, like mobb deep y'all some shook ones fa real

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2007, 08:42:32 AM »
Yeah, Quality Hip-Hop

kemizt

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2007, 12:53:36 PM »

agree for creative purposes, but it definitely impedes your hustle and work ethic. Basically, its like for every minute you spend drinking/smoking, you could have spent that minute thinking about new business opportunities or other ways to achieve success.

if you think about the recent rock the bells/paid dues tour that made their way all over the country through like 14/15 cities, you know Murs was just about entirely responsble for holdin down the Paid Dues part. Paid Dues is his creation and his tour, the first and only independent hip hop tour. He was responsible for all 36 underground rappers that travelled in those 3 buses. Murs 3:16 presents Paid Dues. Warner Bros wasnt even there for support.

You look at Kanye,50,and Nas, theyre all so big time, that they can afford to have an entire team to help them out with their hustle. thats why Kanye and Nas get anywhere is because they have a whole team at their record label to back them up. They can afford to drink/smoke and act wild sometimes. 50 has over $100 million to back him up, but I aint going to deny 50s hustle, cos he put himself on the map real hard, but Nas' is definitely questionable.... There really hasnt been an indy rapper that has sold as many albums as Murs has besides like Slug.. Murs has like 10 albums, each sold 50,000, and that was all prior to signing to Warner Bros. He legitimately got a deal, as opposed to a lot of these new rappers getting deals off their relationships and co-signs

agree, and its just good for a change to hear an album with no swearing, each swear word could have been replaced with a much more effective and meaningful word. why confine yourself to these 7 cuss words to express yourself?

-T

well, felt cusses a grip and that's cool, but they don't use racial slurs and that's refreshing.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

We Fly High

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »
but like Murrays Revenge, that didnt have any swear words.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2007, 01:01:40 PM »
haven't heard that one yet, 9th produced all of it as well I heard?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

We Fly High

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2007, 01:06:12 PM »
yep, most definitely check it out. featured the singles "L.A.", "Murrays Revenge", & "Yesterday and Today". i put up some behind the scenes footage of the Murs LA video shoot in the youtube link in my sig.

The Predator

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2007, 04:13:44 PM »
^ Cool  8) ill check it fo sure!

The song called LA by Murs is a very ill tune.

The harmonica just sounds lovely as does the female background vocals, the beat bops well and Murs delivers some nice lines with a cool flow.

Had the tune playing all summer  :)

Watch and listen (LA - Murs)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:22:26 PM by The Predator »

Hey Ma

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2007, 04:16:50 PM »

man shut the fuck up

its just an opiniion, like mobb deep y'all some shook ones fa real

do you even know what that means?

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2007, 09:59:26 PM »
haven't heard that one yet, 9th produced all of it as well I heard?

-T

Yo Tanj, which one are u in ur 2 pics u got up LOL?