Author Topic: Listen to Felt 2, right now  (Read 734 times)

AnybodyKilla

Re: Listen to Felt 2, right now
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2007, 06:27:15 PM »
Yo man ive never even heard of these guys before but im downloading this now LOL, it better be as good as u make it sound lol!!!

well just so you're warned, there aren't any rhymes about gats, coke, crack, drug money, hood rats, or excessive rapper name drops. im just letting you know

LOL, what do u they talk about then?

lol

Lmao, .....................?

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »
yeah great album, got it right when it came out, dirty girl and woman tonight are amazing, so is the rest of the album, great duo

more like a trio, i feel like ant is just as much of a part of why the record is so good

-T

He didn't produce the first Felt though. Grouch did.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2007, 07:22:43 PM »
Listened to it, not my kind music LOL!!!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2007, 07:29:46 PM »

You'd probably like "Gangster Ass Anthony" on Tribute To Lisa Bonet. From the sounds of it, you downloaded the first one dedicated to Christina Ricci. That one kinda sucks, even to those of us who like that kind of music.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »

You'd probably like "Gangster Ass Anthony" on Tribute To Lisa Bonet. From the sounds of it, you downloaded the first one dedicated to Christina Ricci. That one kinda sucks, even to those of us who like that kind of music.

O haha yah i saw that 1 too, ill check that 1 to homie, good lookin!!!

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2007, 11:10:18 AM »

true that.....yeah, the second felt album is much better, mainly cuz they took time with it, as opposed to the first felt album (which was done during the course of a weekend from my understanding)......and to johnny1000, check the second album and have an open mind.........i know your young and some of the subject matter might go over your head (no offence, but its just not typical rap topics and based off your responses.......y'know).....as far as what they rap about, think of stuff that anyone can relate too, you know, real life shit (women, state of hip hop, and more women).........not gangbanging fairytales that no one up in here is living........and murs still keeps it street throughout the whole album
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2007, 04:59:26 PM »
anyone have a link?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2007, 05:38:47 PM »
also, do yall know what they are referring to in 'i shot a warhol', like what a warhol is and all that?

-T

Felt, moreso Slug, always raps in metaphors, but I'm pretty sure they are rapping about Andy Warhol who was a very popular painter and film maker in the 60s and 70s. There are a couple lines in the chorus that gave it away like "I shot a Warhol dead with my pistol/when the wind hit the hole in the canvas, it whistled" and "Nostrils of cocaine, cocktails to kill time/scenes from a bad film, lived out in real time". Also Andy Warhol was shot in Mario Amaya studio in 1968 by someone who had submitted a script to him, but he said he misplaced it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Warhol

LMAO call it dickish, but I was asking to see if yall knew.

I know who andy warhol is. he was an artist heavily associated with the velvet underground.

there's also a scene with him in the doors movie.

he did that famous banana album cover. he's friggin' amazing.

anyway, two things

1)i always felt I shot a warhol was more of a Murs song than a slug one cause Murs sounds louder on it, but they're layered yeah

2)they're saying they shot a warhol picture, cause when the wind hit the hole of the canvas it whistled. they shot the painting. the idea is 'i destroyed/shot/hurt something beautiful and through this poem, something else beautiful is created'

yeah any hippie that doesn't know andy warhol ain't worth their salt. i was just wondering how you guys saw him if you saw him at all and for fear of sounding more dickish i refrained from saying 'do any of yall know who warhol is...without wikipedia?'

what about salvador dali, anyone fuck with him?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2007, 08:47:08 PM »
also, do yall know what they are referring to in 'i shot a warhol', like what a warhol is and all that?

-T

Felt, moreso Slug, always raps in metaphors, but I'm pretty sure they are rapping about Andy Warhol who was a very popular painter and film maker in the 60s and 70s. There are a couple lines in the chorus that gave it away like "I shot a Warhol dead with my pistol/when the wind hit the hole in the canvas, it whistled" and "Nostrils of cocaine, cocktails to kill time/scenes from a bad film, lived out in real time". Also Andy Warhol was shot in Mario Amaya studio in 1968 by someone who had submitted a script to him, but he said he misplaced it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Warhol

LMAO call it dickish, but I was asking to see if yall knew.

I know who andy warhol is. he was an artist heavily associated with the velvet underground.

there's also a scene with him in the doors movie.

he did that famous banana album cover. he's friggin' amazing.

anyway, two things

1)i always felt I shot a warhol was more of a Murs song than a slug one cause Murs sounds louder on it, but they're layered yeah

2)they're saying they shot a warhol picture, cause when the wind hit the hole of the canvas it whistled. they shot the painting. the idea is 'i destroyed/shot/hurt something beautiful and through this poem, something else beautiful is created'

yeah any hippie that doesn't know andy warhol ain't worth their salt. i was just wondering how you guys saw him if you saw him at all and for fear of sounding more dickish i refrained from saying 'do any of yall know who warhol is...without wikipedia?'

what about salvador dali, anyone fuck with him?

-T

I knew of Andy Warhol before I read the wikipedia, although, I probably haven't seen any of his work. If it comes out of Minnesota, I'm repping it, so since Dylan and Warhol were friends, sort of like Prince and Morris Day, I have some general knowledge about them.

As for Salvador Dali, I have heard the name but nothing else about him is coming to mind. I'm sure if you told me, I probably would have heard of something he has done.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 12:24:02 AM »
word, persistence of memory

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2007, 12:53:54 AM »

true that.....yeah, the second felt album is much better, mainly cuz they took time with it, as opposed to the first felt album (which was done during the course of a weekend from my understanding)......and to johnny1000, check the second album and have an open mind.........i know your young and some of the subject matter might go over your head (no offence, but its just not typical rap topics and based off your responses.......y'know).....as far as what they rap about, think of stuff that anyone can relate too, you know, real life shit (women, state of hip hop, and more women).........not gangbanging fairytales that no one up in here is living........and murs still keeps it street throughout the whole album

LOL nah man, i know what u mean, i know bout that real life shit but it isnt my style, i like the gun, sex, drug shit LOL, i just like listening to it even if im not living it lol, its dope, but yah i will check it out!!!

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 04:48:56 AM »
just listened to it not my style either I think the West Coast will forever be about gangsta rap that is how we do it and we do it the best

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2007, 12:34:01 PM »
just listened to it not my style either I think the West Coast will forever be about gangsta rap that is how we do it and we do it the best

Agreed, unless someone comes out and just changes this shit around, but until then, thats what the west is all about!!!

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2007, 08:09:16 PM »
propz man. Never new Murs was in a group with atmosphere.
If anyone wants to download it
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=156110.0

thisoneguy360

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 11:06:28 PM »
This is definitely some good shit, hadn't heard anything on here except dirty girl, props tanj