Author Topic: DMX: underrated rapper  (Read 443 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: DMX: underrated rapper
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 04:11:19 PM »
one of my favorite rappers of all time

too bad hes fallin off
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Paul

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 05:30:08 PM »
hes a decent rapper but ruins songs with his ruff and dog noises all the time, pisses me off

although his first 3 albums were good
funkyfreshintheflesh

Narrator

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 05:34:10 PM »
DMX: overrated crackhead

considering you were 9 when DMX came out, I take it you don't remember the effects he had on Hip-Hop. Get his first 3 albums, then lets talk.

Cool.  I started listening to X when he came out.  And yeah, I liked his shit, but even then, I remember thinking to myself, "Isn't he basically just doing the same shit Onyx started doing 5 years ago?"  And make no mistake about it...X's style WAS basically bitten from Onyx and (to a lesser extent) M.O.P.  I did think his spiritual angle was pretty good, but nothing special.  Eventually, I also realized the limited range of his style and subject matter, and the fact that he really wasn't evolving much as an artist, and that's when I basically stopped listening to him.  After "The Great Depression", I started saying, "Ah, whateva."

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 05:52:37 PM »
DMX: overrated crackhead

considering you were 9 when DMX came out, I take it you don't remember the effects he had on Hip-Hop. Get his first 3 albums, then lets talk.

Cool.  I started listening to X when he came out.  And yeah, I liked his shit, but even then, I remember thinking to myself, "Isn't he basically just doing the same shit Onyx started doing 5 years ago?"  And make no mistake about it...X's style WAS basically bitten from Onyx and (to a lesser extent) M.O.P.  I did think his spiritual angle was pretty good, but nothing special.  Eventually, I also realized the limited range of his style and subject matter, and the fact that he really wasn't evolving much as an artist, and that's when I basically stopped listening to him.  After "The Great Depression", I started saying, "Ah, whateva."

For once... I actually agree with u

kemizt

Citizen-Y

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 06:16:51 PM »
I can't think of any album that starts off with a harder song than Intro on It's Dark and Hell Is Hot.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 08:08:16 AM »
DMX is a beast and a personal fav, Its Dark and Hell is Hot = certified classic

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 10:42:07 AM »
i dont thing he is underrated but i dont think he is overrated,over all he's a good rapper,he got a couple of bagning cuts and couple of so-so cuts but i have to admit his verse on busta rhymes touch it remix just fucking kills!!

$Eg2$

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 09:43:40 PM »
i can't stand the dude, granted opinions is like assholes