Author Topic: It's here! Bishop Lamont & Black Milk: "CALTROiT" - FREE DOWNLOAD!  (Read 3203 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: It's here! Bishop Lamont & Black Milk: "CALTROiT" - FREE DOWNLOAD!
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2007, 10:22:11 PM »
actually im startiin to feel this alot more already,lol.....and bishops comes alot better on the second half of the album...his startin to convince me,haha....maybe i should delete my first post....nawwwwwww,haha

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2007, 11:25:57 PM »
Can we get a preview on what Bishop and Dawaun talk about on their upcoming interviews?  :)

Apologies on the lateness of Dawaun Part Two - right now, the date of that dropping is outwith my control as I am waiting on Dawaun and Chris, The GodBody's manager, to fact-check my transcript. I believe a few minor alterations need to be made. I'm sure everyone can appreciate that both of those guys are extremely busy. Thankfully, they're doing their best to make sure we can get it up ASAP.

In regards to what Dawaun goes on to talk about, I'm sure that anybody waiting on these subsequent parts will not be disappointed. I think just about every upcoming Aftermath project is touched on in some detail.

As soon as I get word on when Pt. 2 is fit to drop, DubCC will know! :)

Sweet... thanks, Pimp.

d-nice

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2007, 12:26:41 AM »
God Damn, Ret 2 Go is  :o Rage KILLED this shit.

SindromSpitinSickPoem

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2007, 01:20:02 AM »
What the fuck! I cant download it. Everytime i click the like it goes to a page with all these random letters. How can i get this!!!

smegma

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2007, 02:08:09 AM »
I listened to it this morning, but it didn't really move me. There's nothing original or innovative about it... it's not like  that's necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't stand out in any way. I'll give it another spin, but for now I have to say I'm really disappointed.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2007, 02:09:43 AM »
Listened to this twice now and it's STRAIGHT HEAT from top to bottom. I don't know what the hell I was trippin on when I complained about the instrumentals before, shouldnt've been doing other shit while listening. The only thing wrong here is that Movie Star joint is mixed to a lot lower volume than the rest of the tape. Not a huge loss though, since it's clearly the one track the tape could do without, but it's a weird slip up to mix it like that.

Bottom line: Another excellent street album. Bishop is that dude.

maxpowers

• 'G'
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2007, 02:33:08 AM »
I'm a rap fan and i enjoy hearing rappers that can spit mash on an album. This mixtape is for rap fans. I enjoyed it and c'mon ya'll getting this shit for free, ya'll shouldnt even complain man. 2 free albums from bishop already, with great music. I Gotta give the man his props. I love this CD and its a breath of fresh air. This cd is better than lots of albums out there.

big ups to the whole team behind this mixtape. great release. I'm happy

Al Bundy

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2007, 03:00:31 AM »
Props on the tape. I'll be checking it out later for sure.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2007, 03:42:51 AM »
the mixing is horrible and movie star is awful but the rest of the album is on point, i'll bang it later on the ride.

PS: smegma you're a fucking nerd  8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2007, 03:51:17 AM »
Listened to this twice now and it's STRAIGHT HEAT from top to bottom. I don't know what the hell I was trippin on when I complained about the instrumentals before, shouldnt've been doing other shit while listening. The only thing wrong here is that Movie Star joint is mixed to a lot lower volume than the rest of the tape. Not a huge loss though, since it's clearly the one track the tape could do without, but it's a weird slip up to mix it like that.

The first listen wasn't that impressive for me either but that's mainly due to really poor mixing and sound quality.

Then I put it on my big ass speakers and put the headphones on and I finally got the normal vibe. And last but not least, let's not forget that this is just a mixtape, so it's normal that some beats sound unfinished or more amauter. Still we got new, free beats from Jake One, Khalil, Focus, Black Milk, Diverse...

smegma

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2007, 04:13:12 AM »

The first listen wasn't that impressive for me either but that's mainly due to really poor mixing and sound quality.

Then I put it on my big ass speakers and put the headphones on and I finally got the normal vibe. And last but not least, let's not forget that this is just a mixtape, so it's normal that some beats sound unfinished or more amauter. Still we got new, free beats from Jake One, Khalil, Focus, Black Milk, Diverse...

That doesn't make sense to me. An artist wouldn't want unfinished work out, would he? It's more likely that DJ Warrior did a very bad job with the mixing than that they've put unfinished songs on this mixtape. :P

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2007, 04:24:26 AM »
Nah, I didn't mean the mixing part, which is obviously awful. I mean that some beats sound unfinished (as in let say for example, the piano wasn't added, or something simillar), which is normal for mixtape tracks.

MediumL

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2007, 04:48:09 AM »
You have to remember that anything that sounds amazing or he thinks is album qual he'll keep for Reformation. He may find in the end he doesnt use it and he'll put it on a mixtape but for now i think you'll find most of the best bats are saved and his best verses are saved as well. He was spitting some really hot stuff on this mixtape, better than on N*gga Noize imo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

themuzikman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2007, 05:29:00 AM »
i really want this mixtape, but im on mac and it doesnt work can u please post a new link thatll work 4 mac thanks

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2007, 06:58:02 AM »
we will be updating the page today with the official ZIP file for those people having problems.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network