Author Topic: Howcome the West/HipHop hasn't broke a new superstar  (Read 1306 times)

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Howcome the West/HipHop hasn't broke a new superstar
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2010, 09:47:01 AM »
I still think theres a place for westcoast music...respect the south. they were in a similar position in 2000...no one really was into the whole southside thing then. But No Limit, Cash Money etc got their independant game on and forced themselves into the industry.

All the west needs is to stop following blueprints...keep is west,keep it real and stop obsessing on sales.

And someone stated the has been no breakout artists recently??? Drake, B.O.B.,Gucci Mane, Nicki Minaj,Kid Cudi...dont get me wrong, i know someone is going to say that these are all "pop" acts, but they did their thing. a breakout artist is still possible !

Westcoast needs a hot hot hot single !! lets see what happens with Nipsey...i support that dude.

Jay Rock etc got no chance. They been around too long now. No one really is interested. Beside, i think Ice Cube dead him already.
^^^^^alot of problems in what you just said, you only going to support nipsey and you think jay rocc been around to long? that's fucc'n stupid if he or any other makes hot music that's all that counts,stop having that mainstream point of thinking my equal,and that's a major problem for cats out here, the fans now act like the old stiffs who run the labels and radio. it's like electing obama equals get him in the white house and think that's the end all,no it's still other local areas that need to be fixed by mayor's etc,stop just think'n you have to do a succ off fest on one artist,fucc age or how long they been around. yell

I said Jay Rock cos he hasnt had a hot track in ages...its all started to sound the same. He actually is quiet boring. And K Dot should have stayed as K Dot...this whole Kendrick Lamar think is going to be difficult for him to run with. Too one dimensional, Lupe had that same issue...

We need a new " Nuthing But a G Thang", "Whats My Name", California Love"...a monster single !

you are a fucking idiot everyone I know who has heard Jay Rock material says he got the hottest shit on the coast...who is this we homie you aint puttin in work you on a forum being a backward thinking negative force...it is fans like YOU who have the mindstate YOU do that fuck US up you are so retarted,and fucking stupid it is difficult to read your opinion

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2010, 01:02:05 PM »
we do need a big joint red i agree with that,but it doesn't have to be a fucc'n gangsta record, we need a record that can stand on it's on and be a hit,and who know's jay rocc could be the one who does it,can't just rule equals out cause they ain't put out an album yet, yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 01:44:47 PM »

real talk shade....all other regions took this coasts style and ran wit it...now wayne is gang bangin on records and sellin millions...he would sell anyway but when the west was doin gangsta shit on records and in videos....it needed to be banned...same shit but we get hated on so
1.why create another style for them to run wit
2.gangsta muzik is still wanted DEAD OR ALIVE

Truest sh*t ever..

Even in my prime I had to spend almost 3 weeks in NY pleading my case with Hot 97, Power 92
and any DJ who was the man at the time to play "Wake Up" which was already breaking Top 10 by this point.

End Result.. I got the adds organically and "Wake Up" did ridiculously well.
Now.. who is really gonna go through all that in this day to convince some fools on the opposite coast to play what they already should be?

I also saw someone mention that the West should be (more) creative.. ROFLMAO.. ;D
in other words, design another creative blueprint for other coasts to make off with and shut us out once again..?  NAH.

I'ma say this again.. We aren't struggling due to Creativity. It's more political than any of the points brought up in this thread.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

westside159

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »
well see if nipsey hussle can break the mode for some new westcoast mainstream luv .
i doubt it though the industry is scared of the westcoast culture .

westside159

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2010, 05:43:28 PM »
its 20fuckin10! no one in LA gang bangs no more gangsta rap now a days is only cool to wiggers and kids from the suburbs aint no one bangin no more that shit is played out its been 20+ years how the fuck is gangsta rap gon stay fresh after 20+ especially after there are fake ass rappers and shit all callin themselves "gangsta" get the fuck outta here HIP HOP is HIP HOP the west has to make HIP HOP dont matter what kind make good shit that people want to listen to and i aint talkin bout people that are stuck in the past/get boners over the word "detox"/still waitin for tupac to come out wit tracks

man SHUT THE FUCC UP .  GO LISTEN TO YOUR FAKE GANGSTA RAP LIKE LIL WAYNE , YOUNG JEEZY , DIP SET , RICK ROSS OFFICER RICKY  FAGGOT !!!!!!

THIS WESTCOAST ALL DAY   MC EIHT AND CMW , ICE CUBE , ANDRE NICKATINA , BROTHA LYNCH HUNG , MAC DRE , TOO SHORT , WC , JAYO FELONY , E-40 AND THE CLICC , DJ QUIK , ABOVE THE LAW , DAZ & KURUPT AND THE DOGG POUND  NATE DOGG , WARREN G , SNOOP .................................

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2010, 02:04:08 AM »
I still think theres a place for westcoast music...respect the south. they were in a similar position in 2000...no one really was into the whole southside thing then. But No Limit, Cash Money etc got their independant game on and forced themselves into the industry.

All the west needs is to stop following blueprints...keep is west,keep it real and stop obsessing on sales.

And someone stated the has been no breakout artists recently??? Drake, B.O.B.,Gucci Mane, Nicki Minaj,Kid Cudi...dont get me wrong, i know someone is going to say that these are all "pop" acts, but they did their thing. a breakout artist is still possible !

Westcoast needs a hot hot hot single !! lets see what happens with Nipsey...i support that dude.

Jay Rock etc got no chance. They been around too long now. No one really is interested. Beside, i think Ice Cube dead him already.
^^^^^alot of problems in what you just said, you only going to support nipsey and you think jay rocc been around to long? that's fucc'n stupid if he or any other makes hot music that's all that counts,stop having that mainstream point of thinking my equal,and that's a major problem for cats out here, the fans now act like the old stiffs who run the labels and radio. it's like electing obama equals get him in the white house and think that's the end all,no it's still other local areas that need to be fixed by mayor's etc,stop just think'n you have to do a succ off fest on one artist,fucc age or how long they been around. yell

I said Jay Rock cos he hasnt had a hot track in ages...its all started to sound the same. He actually is quiet boring. And K Dot should have stayed as K Dot...this whole Kendrick Lamar think is going to be difficult for him to run with. Too one dimensional, Lupe had that same issue...

We need a new " Nuthing But a G Thang", "Whats My Name", California Love"...a monster single !

you are a fucking idiot everyone I know who has heard Jay Rock material says he got the hottest shit on the coast...who is this we homie you aint puttin in work you on a forum being a backward thinking negative force...it is fans like YOU who have the mindstate YOU do that fuck US up you are so retarted,and fucking stupid it is difficult to read your opinion

You can have your opinion on Jay Rock, but he will never be more than a mixtape artist...so if u enjoy mixtapes then thats cool for you. Me personally, i need a westcoast ALBUM, and then most def not going to be Jay Rock