Author Topic: More disturbing info about "Ego Trippin" (short news on Nas and Ice Cube too)  (Read 2390 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"I feel like Cassius Clay right before he took down Liston," Nas said a couple of weeks ago in New York. It's almost time for the release of his album Nigger, and he even teased us by dropping a couple of lines from the album backstage at the Hammerstein Ballroom before a recent concert."Ay, yo, Queens get the money, n---as still screaming paper chase/ But presidential candidates ... ," he began reciting, the first time any media outlet has heard lyrics from the upcoming album.

"But the new album, man, this is an important piece for me," he said. "I'm proud of myself for doing it and taking it on. It looks like Black History Month [February] is gonna be the month to drop the album. If not, it comes when it comes. But it'll be here soon — soon like right-around-the-corner soon. It's not gonna be a waiting-for-a-long-time type thing. I'm blessed to be in this state of mind I'm in to do this music. ... I love what this whole thing is all about. I'm working with so many people. It is a lot of people I'm working with: Puff, Jermaine [Dupri], some underground cats. Some surprises."

Maybe he'll be working with Snoop Dogg again. The Dogg — who appeared on Nas' last album, Hip Hop Is Dead — supports Nas' concept behind the controversially titled new album. "I'm down with you, Nas," Snoop saluted. "Call me if you need a verse."

Another West Coast legend, Ice Cube, is also down to collaborate with Nas. "I'm totally open to working with him," said Cube, who has the first great song and video of 2008 with "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It." "I just got back in town, I'm looking for him to reach out. I think me and Nas are, in a lot of ways, mirror images of each other. We try to make street knowledge and connect the streets with the politics of today. That's always a challenge. If we don't get together [on his album], we gotta tour together." ...

There's no contest, according to Snoop Dogg: He can sing way better than his close friend Diddy.

"Right now, I got Puffy by a couple of notes," he smiled. "I think Puffy can just sing alto and tenor. But I can sing alto, tenor and soprano. I can sing any note."

Snoop's singing on "Sensual Seduction" has won everybody over, hands down. It's the first single from his next LP, Ego Trippin', due in March.

"There will be a couple of more songs where I express my R&B feel," he described of the album. "It feels good and sounds good. It's no stretch. I've always been singing melodies and riffs, but never no whole song. I've been making all kinds of songs, but I've never done anything like how I done [with 'Sensual Seduction']. I'm trying to mix it up and bring a variety of different looks [on the project], but there will be those type of Snoop songs you love."

The new song was written and produced by Shawty Red, who's most known for his work with Young Jeezy. "I initially wanted do a record where it's just based on me," he said about his original concept for the album. "But through the time making this record, I have a few guest appearances on here. The Ego Trippin' part is that I have allowed other artists to write songs for me. 'Sensual Seduction' was written and produced by Shawty Red from Atlanta. I usually don't accept songs from people. I do my own writing. I usually be ego tripping. [On this album], I'm trippin' to a certain extent, but I'm not."

The Dogg names producers Pharrell Williams and Teddy Riley as the LP's main contributors. "Pharrell is always going to be involved with what I do," he said. "Teddy Riley had the music game in his hand for 12 years straight. He knows how to create the atmosphere for a great artist and a big event. I feel like I'm a big artist and keep my albums in the classification of a big event. For me and him to work together, it's gonna be like Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson working together on that Thriller album." ...

westsiderider323

o well
damn i wanna hear that nas and cube tracks

Okka

It would be dope as fuck to see Nas & Cube work together.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
This has been posted here already..well the info on Snoop's Album..
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=164607.msg1701695#msg1701695

Thanks for info on Nas though!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

nad45

jeromechickenbone

I'd love to see Nas and Cube collab.  They are both saying very important things that Hip Hop needs to hear.  Snoop on the other hand?  It's like he totally flipped on what he was initially saying.  Ego Trippin was about him, and how no other rappers could do an album by themselves.  Now he's saying he was ego trippin by not collabing enough?  What the fuck?  And how corny is a title "Sensual Seduction".  I'll give it a listen, but Snoop has never been the dude that knows how to do an album.  He needs somebody constantly coaching him and telling him his shit is wack when it is.    

I do think it's interesting to have Teddy Riley in the mix.  But he is an R&B / New Jack Swing producer way more than a straight Hip Hop producer.  Outside of Rumpshaker and No Diggity, I've been disappointed w/ a lot of Teddy's Hip Hop production.  But I'll be real interested to hear what he comes up with.

And Puff has been really grindin lately, workin with Jay, Nas, and now Snoop.  

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
dam that would be dope to see cube and nas drop a track  8)

Snoopafly-1986

dam that would be dope to see cube and nas drop a track  8)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i don't care if snoop's singing on this project.  how are you guys not excited?  quik, TEDDY RILEY, and terrace behind the boards?  what's not to love?

dynastysruff

• Lil Geezy

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
man it sounds like its gonna be a dissapointing album.

Probably one of his worst albums.

Probably 2 or 3 dope tracks though.
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
Man..Cube and Nas...its a tragedy that they still haven't collaborated...and I don't  consider Grand Finale as a song they did together.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Not a big Collab buff..myself
I'm old school when an artist could hold an album alone, but Nas & Cube  8)
Let's see what they can do..

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i don't care if snoop's singing on this project.  how are you guys not excited?  quik, TEDDY RILEY, and terrace behind the boards?  what's not to love?
co sign

D~Nice

Cube & Nas?  :o