Author Topic: Soulja Boy Responds to GZA  (Read 1095 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Soulja Boy Responds to GZA
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »
I guess I'm an and old ass square that is 21 who hates the music of the youth...?

i couldn't answer that for you cuz I don't know you very well but i'm almost 20 and Soulja Boy is nothing I would be bumping in the ride or at home but at a party best believe that shit is gunna come on and everyone is going to get crazy.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »
Where I go, M.I.A. is what's cracking.  The good thing about that is that it's not only respectable music but it's also good party music. 

wcsoldier

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2008, 07:47:13 PM »
smh at these ringtone wack ass rappers having not respect for hip hop legends ..

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 07:56:59 PM »
soulja boy is beyond a fukn joke

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »
"wuz hannan dis ya folk"

english, motherfucker, do you speak it?

my exact thought

but the worst is u know now full of people will be saying it.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2008, 10:05:32 PM »
smh at these ringtone wack ass rappers having not respect for hip hop legends ..

OchoCinco

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2008, 11:16:19 PM »
"wuz hannan dis ya folk"

english, motherfucker, do you speak it?

have u listened to any of his music....dude clearly dont know many words in english lol

SGV

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2008, 11:29:35 PM »
He's allowed to defend himself. It's not too far fetched for this cat to NOT know Gza. Liquid Swords came out when dude was 5. Forever dropped when he was 7. Beneath the Surface, The W, Iron Flag, Legend of the Liquid Sword etc. weren't exactly popular albums. So from the time this kid was 7 up until recently, the Gza nor the Wu made any noise. He's in the South, growing up just as the South is exploding. I'm sure dudes like T.I., Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Outkast, Ying Yang Twins etc. were cats he looked up coming up.

But, I give him credit. I think he's a weak ass rapper, but for being 17 he's not doing too bad for himself. He wasn't made by a label, he grinded and found a label. He produced 12 records out of 15 on his album, so it's not like he was getting the hottest beats from the hottest producers out. It's respectable.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2008, 11:34:25 PM »
gza and soulja boy in the same sentance....wow

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2008, 02:04:14 AM »
I Happen To Respect This 16 Year Olds Hustle, Not ALL Of His Muzik, But His Hustle...
Tha Kidz A Genius! Stop Hatin & Get Like Him In My Opinion... 8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2008, 03:02:58 AM »
This review of his album always makes me smile

Have you ever Superman'd a hoe?

Me neither.

DeAndre Cortez Way rose to infamy in the summer of 2007 off the strength of his song "Crank That (Soulja Boy)," a self-produced song with steel drums and finger snaps that was as catchy as it was inane. Young Jeezy has his "YEAHHHHHHH" and Paul Wall has his "already" but the newest catchphrase in rap is Soulja Boy's "YOUUUUUUUUUUUU" exhorted repeatedly throughout the chorus of this hit. The song has sparked a surprising amount of debate, with some people flipping sides by day as to whether "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" is so stupid it's brilliant or so retarded it's dragging all of hip-hop down into the gutter.

"I'm bouncin on my toes, watch me supersoak dat {hoe}
I'ma pass it to Arab then he gon' crank it up fo' sho'
Haters wanna be me, Soulja Boy, I'm the man
They be lookin at my neck, sayin it's the rubberbannnnnd
mannnnn (mannnn) watch me do it (watch me do it)
Dannnnce (dannnnce) let's get to it (let's get to it)
Nope, you can't do it like me {hoe} so don't do it like me
Folk, I see you tryna do it like me, man that dance was ugly"

This writer is leaning towards the latter. "SouljaBoyTellEm.com" is 14 tracks of raps so vapid even Soulja Boy has to admit how worthless they are. "Sidekick" is a perfect example:

"It's your folk Soulja Boy and you already know
I got stacks on deck when I walk through the do'
Man I can't believe that I'm rappin 'bout a phone
But what you won't believe is I wrote this song"

Trust me Soulja Boy, I believe you wrote that song (now Superman that hoe). Yes YOUUUUUUUUU wrote that song about nothing. You also wrote "Snap & Roll," a song about... snapping and rolling on the dance floor. Impressive. YOUUUUUUUU also wrote "Donk," a song about... girls who have a big butt. Never heard one of those in rap music before. You even wrote a song called "Yahhh" about how you should yell "YAHHH" when people get in your face.

Soulja Boy's self-produced track on "Crank That" is the ideal example of a one-hit wonder. Soulja Boy tries to stretch his simple repetitive beat production style across an entire album and it fails miserably. In short his beats and melodies are as monotonous as his songs are vapid. The only hoe that got Superman'd on "SouljaBoyTellEm.com" is anybody who spent $14.99 on this album.

Music Vibes: 3 of 10 Lyric Vibes: 3 of 10 TOTAL Vibes: 3 of 10

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Piffmeister2008

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2008, 07:00:16 AM »
GZA WAS HATING, SO SOULJA BOY IS ON POINT, (FUCK HIM AS AN ARTIST)

word. there were old folks hatin on wu when wu came out and i'm sure gza had the same attitude towards anyone hatin on him when he came out.

old people just don't understand young person music...shit i don't understand this soulja boy crap either...my parents didn't understand my music and their parents didn't understand their music. this has happened and is going to continue to happen throughout history. gza should just shut his mouth and accept his *rightful* place in history instead of hatin on some lil ass kid the he just doesn't understand.

that's true. Even though we all hate Soulja Boy's music, he does have the right to respond if someone disrespects him.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2008, 03:35:05 PM »
Is this really a young vs. old thing though?

hell, maybe it's not. i don't really expect anyone under the age of 12 to really give a sh*t about this guy (all your favorite rappers when you were young were probably quite a bit older...i know why i was about 10 years old i was into kriss kross and anotha bad creation)...i'm just tryin to say that it's something that i don't understand, and you probably don't understand, and gza doesn't understand...but the 500,000 + people that bought his ringtone or record probably do understand...i'm just sayin dude had a right to defend himself against someone talkin shit that just don't understand him.

WestCoasta

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2008, 03:37:47 PM »
I got old ass niggaz from Wu-Tang dissin me. Some dude named GZA from Wu-Tang Clan dat was born in 66′ lol, who I never met in my life.. I’m like wow..

yea and they are one of the reasons why you're doing what you're doing

har har har

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »
i dont care how old you are...you cant compare GZA to soulja boy. Im as old as soulja boy too