Author Topic: My Nigga Brandon Roy!  (Read 569 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My Nigga Brandon Roy!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 05:32:29 PM »
brandon roy=allstar

Yup! That means NBA 2k9 is finally going to have a Blazer with a rating higher than 85!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 06:15:38 PM »
^^You do realize that if Frye was good enough, he could start alongside Aldridge, right?   

You can say that about ANYBODY. lol And what position would he play? Center? He was brought in simply because he could back Aldridge up reasonably well.

Both Frye and Aldridge can play center and power forward. Frye seemed to be much more than a back up when he entered the league.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »
^^You do realize that if Frye was good enough, he could start alongside Aldridge, right?   

You can say that about ANYBODY. lol And what position would he play? Center? He was brought in simply because he could back Aldridge up reasonably well.

Both Frye and Aldridge can play center and power forward. Frye seemed to be much more than a back up when he entered the league.

When he was acquired by Portland though, everybody knew it was for him to back up Aldridge because we already had two very capable guys at the Center position in Oden and Przybilla. Aldridge didn't really have a back up other than Outlaw who is a natural SF who can play spot minutes at PF depending on the matchup.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 06:48:52 PM »
^When Oden went down, it really seemed like Frye would get that starting spot by default. Nobody knew he would subside each year. His rookie season made him look like the next quality big in the league...PeACe

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »
^When Oden went down, it really seemed like Frye would get that starting spot by default. Nobody knew he would subside each year. His rookie season made him look like the next quality big in the league...PeACe

Nobody that follows the Blazers thought he would start over Przybilla though. Joel is a defensive force in the middle and a big body to cause problems in the paint, plus he adds toughness to the frontline. thats the exact opposite of what Frye has been. Frye's role was always going to be spot minutes behind Aldridge to provide a little jumpshooting and modest rebounding. I was actually kind of mad that he was all we had to show for the Z-Bo trade.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 07:30:27 PM »
^ I would be too...you probably coulda' gotten much more. And Pryzbilla should be a back-up at best.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 01:20:09 PM »
fuck frye. I completely overrated his impact on the blazers. and I cant even blame myself for that. fuck him and his sorry mother.
that nigga and his sorry mama are living it up in a mansion somewhere son.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »
^ I would be too...you probably coulda' gotten much more. And Pryzbilla should be a back-up at best.

There's only a handful of centers in the NBA who would start over him. Don't take that as me overrating him, take it more as a statement regarding the quality of centers in the NBA.