Poll

How do you manage your digital content/mp3s ?

iTunes
9 (33.3%)
Windows Media Centre (+Player)
6 (22.2%)
Winamp
4 (14.8%)
MediaMonkey
5 (18.5%)
Other
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: How do you manage your mp3 libraries, tagging, organisation  (Read 427 times)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

How do you manage your mp3 libraries, tagging, organisation
« on: March 10, 2008, 02:47:29 PM »
can anyone break down how you tag you albums/songs etc??..... eye am tryin to do this... but for some reason its not workin and eye am getting tired of manually forcin songs into the proper album after the get added to my library..... peace

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Re: How do you manage your mp3 libraries, tagging, organisation
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 02:51:35 PM »
^^ well I usually Right click on the said song and select 'Album Info' and if the said album is recognized on Windows Media Player lib,then it will find it and tagged it that way..
if the search brings up nothing, then you'll have to manually do it I'm afraid-Hope that helps!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Al Bundy

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 02:54:49 PM »
i use media monkey to organize my music. i made it so it looks like so:

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 02:58:07 PM »
^^That's Impressive Bundy! 8) 8)

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 03:00:33 PM »

i use media monkey to organize my music. i made it so it looks like so:

^^^^^^^ damn what the hell........how you get it like that???????/ lets break bread n build on this...... take for example if eye make a mix......... and put it in a folder.......and try to add it to my library.... it will add but being that the songs are tagged they get put in their own section  for example what ever the album that song is from.... there will be that album name and that one song in it....... eye just started using media monkey and thats why eye am tryin to do this on

Al Bundy

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 03:12:58 PM »
^^^^^^^ damn what the hell........how you get it like that???????/ lets break bread n build on this...... take for example if eye make a mix......... and put it in a folder.......and try to add it to my library.... it will add but being that the songs are tagged they get put in their own section  for example what ever the album that song is from.... there will be that album name and that one song in it....... eye just started using media monkey and thats why eye am tryin to do this on

Right click and click properties and edit the song names and album name to whatever. If you highlight all of the songs, you can make it so every song has the same album name and artist through out without having to manually edit them all. What I do is just right click on the stuff and go to Auto-Tag From Amazon and get the album information through that and then Auto Organize Files using this:

C:\Users\Insert Your Name\Music\<Album>\<Track#> - <Title>

If you're on XP then that won't work. That's Vistas folder hierarchy.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 03:17:20 PM »

Right click and click properties and edit the song names and album name to whatever. If you highlight all of the songs, you can make it so every song has the same album name and artist through out without having to manually edit them all. What I do is just right click on the stuff and go to Auto-Tag From Amazon and get the album information through that and then Auto Organize Files using this:

Oh fo sho.. eye am going to try this right now and see what is up........ appreciate the help
Also do you do that before you add to the library or after you add and do it in media monkey?

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 03:17:43 PM »
Oh yeah and for the album images, you can either 1.) copy and paste into the album cover field on mediamonkey or let mediamonkey try and find it through amazon. Make sure you save the image to folder.jpg in the folder so you have the cover for the folder

Al Bundy

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 03:18:06 PM »

Oh fo sho.. eye am going to try this right now and see what is up........ appreciate the help
Also do you do that before you add to the library or after you add and do it in media monkey?

Afterwards.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 03:19:32 PM »

Afterwards.
k on the real thank you..... going to try to organize my library thanks again

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »
Hey Bundy does that work for mixtapes or songs that are not sold via Amazon..loading images or would one have to go searching for the mixtape covers??

Al Bundy

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »
Hey Bundy does that work for mixtapes or songs that are not sold via Amazon..loading images or would one have to go searching for the mixtape covers??

Nah you'll have to manually search for track listing and covers yourself. But MediaMonkey makes it very easy to add and edit tracks.

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »
Aiight props Bundy,you've been a great help!!
+1

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 04:45:30 PM »
Aiight props Bundy,you've been a great help!!
+1
WORD!!!!!!!

Al Bundy

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »
no problem. let me know if you need anything else