Author Topic: Dubcnn: The Life And Times Of Xzibit - Interview Part 2 / Exclusive Live Footage  (Read 1269 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com/interviews/xzibit-part2
www.dubcnn.com/media/video/xzibit-liveinhamburg

A few days ago, we brought you Part 1 of our exclusive 3-part interview series with Xzibit, The Life And Times Of Xzibit. On the same day, we had to bring you the sad news of Xzibit's new born son Xavier passing away after only 11 days. Thank you to everybody who sent emails in support of X, it's appreciated.

In Part 1, we discussed his childhood, how he got into rappng, hooking up with the Likwit Crew, coming out with "Paparazzi", 2Pac, meeting Dr. Dre, the Up In Smoke tour and more.

This is Part 2, where we talk about Snoop Dogg's beef with Xzibit, his career after "Restless", the issues that occured between him and Tha Alkaholiks, the incident where X got attacked with a bottle and how he ended up becoming the host of "Pimp My Ride".

We then talk about his move to Sony after Loud folded, why he then chose to take it independent with "Full Circle", how Strong Arm Steady was formed, why he left the group, and much more. Read or listen to the interview below:

The Life And Times Of Xzibit - The Dubcnn Interview: Part 2 (May '08)

Look out for Part 3 of this interview where we talk about the "Full Circle" album, his song "Thank You", The Game, who Xzibit is feeling right now, what he thinks of Hip-Hop's evolution, as well as his plans for the future.

We're not done yet though, we also have some exclusive live footage of Xzibit live in concert in Hamburg, Germany. The concert took place in the summer of 2007, in June to be exact. The video runs for about 30 minutes and you get to see Xzibit perform all the hits, from "Paparazzi" to "What U See Is What U Get" over "X" to "Bitch Please" all the way to "Thank You".

To check out the Xzibit live footage, click below:

Xzibit Live In Concert - Hamburg, Germany (June 2007) [Video]

Before we go, here is an unreleased Xzibit track called "On My Way" that X posted on his MySpace page this week. It's a leftover off the "Full Circle" album, click below to check it out:

Xzibit - On My Way (Unreleased)

R.I.P. Xavier Kingston Joiner.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
sick as hell!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Lunatic

props..no wonder ppl dont like full circle, it was done in 2 months :-\  personally i like that album, but damn, just 2 months :-[
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn, that was a good read. I like what he said about dissing the Alcoholics, you can tell X ain't no attention whore like the rest of these rappers. The whole Aftemrath segment was also interesting and no wonder Full Circle sucked if it was done in 2 months.

And you finished with another good question, damn you Nima  :nawty:

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Another great read.  If I was Xzibit and had to record an album in 2 months or not release anything at all I would've chosen the latter. 

I wonder if Krondon actually called X after he heard about the death of his newborn.  Unfortunately it takes incidents like that to wake people up and do the right thing.

bullet_wrongkind

he comes very smart and real...

nice moves not to respond to disses....

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
thanks for part 2  ;)

X is quite mature  ;)

when I got words for somebody or when I feel like I got to diss somebody, I'll diss them to their face. I ain't gonna sit up there and hide behind no rap music or hide behind nothing. That's for other people. That's a dog and pony show for other people.
so true!

Girls gossip and hate on each other, that's a womanly instict, that's a female emotion. For me, I don't play in that world. I don't spit no venom unless it's on the mic. I'm not Us Weekly, I'm not Xtra, I'm not none of that shit! If you want gossip, you go to TMZ! You know what I'm saying? That's not me.
not just women  ;) :P :baseballbat:

Dubcnn: After Restless, you dropped "Man Vs. Machine" and "Weapons Of Mass Destruction". How do you feel about those two records?

Man vs. Machine and Weapons Of Mass Destruction were my records that I put out through Sony. That's when Loud got soaked into Columbia, and it was my first time putting out music on a so-called "big label", something that I thought was going to be benificial. we sold maybe 2,5 million records on Loud, independently with "Restless". So to come in and sell two Gold records, I wasn't happy at all. But at the same time, Dre and Jimmy Iovine, after "Restless", they didn't want to see me still over there.

They had just made a lot of money with me over with Columbia, so they tried to tell me to come over to Interscope and Aftermath. But Steve Rifkind, the owner of Loud at the time, couldn't come to an agreement to let me go, which was crazy for me to go through, to be held in limbo because somebody doesn't want to agree to terms. So to let me go to a bigger place and let me step up another level, it was green involved in that! It was a lot of things that happened behind the scenes that the fans really don't understand, but it's hard to explain.
interesting; it doesn't really explain why there was no Dre involvement on weapons of mass destruction though.

Unfortunately it takes incidents like that to wake people up and do the right thing.
so true.....it's quite sad, but that's just how the cookie crumbles  :-\

Okka

Props, good interview. Waitin for part.3 to drop.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Thanks, keep it coming ;)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
i like x's style , he's positive, fresh and wise

he'd be a great role model for alot of kids out there

Chad

dope Nima!  lookin' forward to part 3...the explanation about not being on Aftermath makes sense...I always why he didn't make the move over there...
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

westsiderider323

thatz dope Nima cant wait for part 3

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Let me know what ya'll think of the live footage too!

Here's the link: http://www.dubcnn.com/media/video/xzibit-liveinhamburg

Nima - Dubcnn.com

<a href="http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1569953731" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1569953731</a>

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Weird, for some reason the embedding of the brightcove video doesn't work properly on the forum... if anyone manages to embed it, feel free!