Author Topic: Official Download: Bishop Lamont - The Confessional [Special Untagged Edition]!!  (Read 7374 times)

TRG

I thought the majority of is dope. theres a few weak beats here n there though, but Bishop came correct with flow/rhymes imo.

No matter who produced it, The Greatest Trick is a dope beat, just needs to me mixed properly and it would be bangin'.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
01. The Confessional - Prod. by Focus
Deleted
02. Africa (ft. Soul Nana) - Prod. by Bink
Dope beat,overall nice vibe
3.5/5
03. Gorilla Pimpin' 5008 (ft. Warren G, Busta Rhymes, Stat Quo & Ryan C Fresh) - Prod. by Mark Batson & Che
Dope,but why did they take off Stat´s verse?
4/5
04. Send A Nigga Home (ft. Denaun Porter) - Prod. by DJ Khalil
Banging
4/5
05. City Light (ft. Eric Of The New Royales) - Prod. by DJ Khalil
Dope beat,but the hook is  :-X,so;
Deleted
06. Ghetto Song (ft. YM) - Prod. by Nottz
07. What People Do - Prod. by Nottz
08. One Night (ft. Mike Ant) - Prod. by King Kornov
09. Right - Prod. by Scott Storch

Didn't like any of them so;
Deleted
10. Be Cool (ft. Xzibit, Ras Kass, Glasses Malone & Mykestro) - Prod. by Dae One
Banging
4/6
11. Better Than You - Prod. by Focus
Tight
4/5
12. Kissin' Tha Curb - Prod. by Jake One
Dope
3.5/5
13. The Name (ft. Dirty Birdy, Kida & Flii Stylz) - Prod. by Focus
Dirty birdy comes tight,but the handclaps is annoying as fuck.
Didn't Ludacriss use this sample on his first album? (dope sample)
Anyway,I can't stand the handclaps.. so;

Deleted
14. Everyday - Prod. by Diverse
Nice,a grower
4/5
15. Can't Figure It Out - Prod. by DJ Khalil & The New Royales
Dope,the lyrics is nice too
4/5
16. Donky Kong Savage - Prod. by Danja
The beat is fire,and Bishop flow on this is the best I've heard from him
4.5/5
17. Why U Wanna Piss Me Off - Prod. by Nottz
Hey,what's up with his first verse? Who is all these "old rappers" he talks about that needs to hang up the mic?
3/5
18. All On My Dick (ft. Taje & Indef) - Prod. by Tha Bizness
Tight,these three would make up a dope trio.
4/5
19. The Greatest Trick - Prod. by Denaun Porter & GOD
A chill beat
3.5/5

Bonus;
It hurts;
Dope beat,dope flow
4/5
oh my god
Deleted

Overall conclusion;
It's a pretty solid album,but the ones I deleted just ain't my style.  :P
I kept 13 out 21. One of them is the intro,so I wont count that one.
Overall rating:

3.5/5

nice little review chad  ;)

i think it's good that you didn't calculate the average of all the track ratings put together, but used different method for the overall rating.

will do my little review later.

I just hope he is saving his best for the Reformation.

nah he ran out of material, so you're gonna get a rushed product  :D

the greatest trick is hot..not good enough for a "dre beat" still a good track, so i could care less

so dre "beats" have different criteria?  :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 02:55:38 AM by Dre-Day - Pope of Dubcc »

simon

• 'G'
  • westcoast killuminati
the confessional will go down as one of the top 3 west coast street albums this year!  8)

YakiGerman

• Lil Geezy
can someone post these two leftovers ????????? thanks

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
I can't fuckin'understand what y'all ain't likin' about Ghetto Song.I love that shit.Nottz and his finest with a beat that sounds simple, but it actually isn't at all

City Lights is dope, Donkey Kong, Gorrilla Pimpin' is a heater and The Greatest Trick surprised the hell out of me.It's the best beat I;ve heard from Dre in quite a while (acually since Big Bang only Image has been dope to me, not that the others are bad, I just didn;t like them).I really like the orchestra voices in the backgrond, and you get how ill the instrumental is in the last 10-20 seonds of the track.I bet it would've sounded veven better with some proper mixing.I give credit for the beat to mr. Porter too
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
Just listened all the way through, by far the best release of the year so far, if this is

anything to go by The Reformation is gonna be one dope album,

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
My little review of The Confessional
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2008, 10:39:10 AM »
my review:

1 -

2 Africa – i like the unique vibe ; Bishop's flow is great on this (I like the echo too)  :)
It's just that the beat is a bit repetitive to me  :-\ I wish that the producer had added a few minor elements  :P

6.5/10

3 Gorilla Pimpin' 5008 -  updated: the song has grown on me  :) i'm glad that Bishop's flow doesn't sound lazy, unlike on the OG version (by the way, lol at the dog metaphor  :laugh:;)
and Stat Quo did a good job too, as this is one of his few performances that doesn't annoy me  ;)
but Busta's performance was the best of all  ;) nice wordplay too  ;)

7/10

4 Send A Nigga Home - damn  :o  this song has a catchy sound :) 8) not to mention that it has a dope hook  :)

8/10

5 City Lights -  I like the rock-ish sound; it's really a shame that Bishop's flow sounds a bit lazy on this  >:(

7/10

6 Ghetto Song -  nice smooth song  :)

7/10

7 What people do - dope melody; though the frequent use of the voice same voice sample ruined it a bit for me  :P

6.5/10

8 One Night - this song is not for me, it's too smooth/ R&B-ish.  :-X

5/10

9 Right -  pretty much the same goes for this one; besides, the beat is repetitive  :-\

4.5/10

10 Be Cool -  I like the raw sound  8); it's good to hear X on this, his verse is nice :), just like Rass’.
the beat is a little bit repetitive though  :P

7/10

11 Better than you - I really like this song, really melodic  8) also I love the drum sound  :) ; I think this is Focus’ best production so far ;)
by the way, lol at the huge amount of sarcasm in this song  :P :laugh:

8/10

12 Kissin tha curb -  the track is alright  ;) looks like Busta Rhymes is back into ADHD mode  :laugh:
Bishop Lamont sounds lazy at times though  :-\

7/10

13 The Name - this song is decent at best for now; it might grow on me later  :P

6/10

14 Everyday -  updated: well i'm not feeling this one anymore; it's too smooth  :-\
dope hook and wordplay in general though.

5/10

15 Can't figure it out -  the production fits the lyrics perfectly; though the tweaked voice samples are annoying IMO :-X, perhaps it would have been better for the vibe of the song, to have a non-sampled hook  ;)
Anyway I don't like the vibe at all; don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful song, I just can't stand its sadness type of vibe  :loopaper:

3/10

16 Donky Kong Savage - like this song  :) the beat has a dope melody  ;)
Bishop's flow is dope, just like the hook  ;)

7.5/10

17 Why U Wanna Piss Me Off - updated: the beat has become acceptable to me  ;)
the hook doesn't really bother me anymore either; lol at bishop playing the clown in his lyrics by the way  ;)

6.5/10

18 All on my Dick - the beat is repetitive, so I skipped the song after a while  :whistle:  :laugh: bishop sounds lazy as hell by the way  :-\

5/10

19 The Greatest Trick -  I love the beat, it has such a dope vibe, i like the different elements ( notice the vocals in the background), especially during the chorus; Mr.Porter & GOD definitely did a good job!
Makes me wonder what you guys have in stall for Detox  8) :raisetheroof:
and fuck all that bullshit about Dre supposedly falling off  :psych:

anyway, Bishop's flow is good on this; I like the hook too  :)

8.5/10

20 2 much godfather - updated: i'm getting tired of these smooth/R&B-ish songs   :-X

4/10

21 It hurts - This track really has that aftermath vibe (I'm not talking about the label).
i love the elements played during the chorus.
also, it's dope how bishop switches up his flow  :)

8/10

22 Oh My God - hehehe, this club song is clearly not for me  :laugh:  ;)
It's not as bad as Candy shop & how we do it over here though.

5/10

Verdict

this street album is quite consistent(i think it's better than a couple of regular aftermath/shady/g-unit 'regular' albums); i think it's put together a lot better than the previous ones ( mainly the pope mobile  :P). Dre did not executive produce this, but he might have helped picking the producers.

it's good to see that bishop's flow has really progressed; he ain't there yet, but the frequency of the "lazy" sounding flow popping up, is a lot lower than on Bishop's older street albums.

since The Confessional is supposed to be the closest representation of the Reformation yet, i think it's safe to say that it will only get better with The Reformation, as the best material has yet to drop ( not to mention that GOD is all over that album  ;D:) 8)

overall rating: 7/10

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 03:12:56 AM by Dre-Day »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
^^ not a bad review...

Africa and Donkey kong have the best instrumentals imo and bishops flow on donkey kong is easily the best imo...if he could spit like that abit more alot of ppl outside dre dickriders would feel him imo and on africa he showed he can work with a beat and be innovative with a beat...something that needs to be done in order to make hits and he should work on doi more creeative shit like that more often...africa actually sounds like something dre would do back in the day when he was still makin fire for joke...

As for the last joint...the greatest trick or watever its called....the hook is nice and the beat is 'ok' at best imo....as for 'dre falling off etc...if his beats are anything like this for detox, it will be easily the worst shit he has ever dropped...but i already know without hearing the album that dres album will be nothing like the sound of this joint...just from following his career

pz

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Re: My little review of The Confessional
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »
my review:
You basically judge those songs by it's beats?  ???

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Much props for this Dubcnn  8)

Best '08 release alongside Focus "Dedicated"  :o :o

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: My little review of The Confessional
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »
my review:
You basically judge those songs by it's beats?  ???

it's an important factor, cause if i'm not feeling it, then there isn't much possible for me to save a track ( no matter how dope the verse, flow, hook or whatever is).

then again, i didn't comment on everything, that's why the overall rating is not the average of the track ratings put together.

besides,i think it's really hard for me to describe the feelings/thoughts i get when listening to a track.

^^ not a bad review...

Africa and Donkey kong have the best instrumentals imo and bishops flow on donkey kong is easily the best imo...if he could spit like that abit more alot of ppl outside dre dickriders would feel him imo and on africa he showed he can work with a beat and be innovative with a beat...something that needs to be done in order to make hits and he should work on doi more creeative shit like that more often...africa actually sounds like something dre would do back in the day when he was still makin fire for joke...

As for the last joint...the greatest trick or watever its called....the hook is nice and the beat is 'ok' at best imo....as for 'dre falling off etc...if his beats are anything like this for detox, it will be easily the worst shit he has ever dropped...but i already know without hearing the album that dres album will be nothing like the sound of this joint...just from following his career

pz

thanks  :)

well i think we disagree about the production of The Greatest Trick then.

by the way, (to avoid confusion; so i'm not saying that you thought that i said the following-->) i wasn't saying that i thought that The Greatest Trick was an indication of the Detox sound at all.

i was just saying that, this street album track already sounds dope to me, so i wondered what i would think of the production of Detox  ;) 8)

Bishop usually uses the most average beats though. I find alot of his songs boring. But shit like Africa wit a crazy ass beat and Bishop changed his flow are mad dope.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
Was that 2 Much Godfather joint on the unauthorized bootleg intended for The Reformation? It was the hottest song on that version.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
First of all I would like to thank The Crip for remastiring this, sounds way better now (and of course thanks to Dubcnn for the original hook up). Here's my quick little review, before I start let me just mention that I'll only rate the production and his flow, since the lyrics are always on point. And when I talk about production, I talk from the aspect of this being a mixtape, so I expect nothing but leftovers and unfinished beats.

Intro - don't rate intro's

Africa - really dope, unique track from the production to Bishop's flow and the concept itself. I remember Bishop saying this was on The Reformation, you can tell that this is an album cut. 4/5

Pimpin 5008 - production is nice with that Aftermath sound but it sounds unfinished, like some elements would've been added if this was on the album. I love the part when the piano kicks in the chours. Bishop has a faster flow and not that lazy one he uses sometimes. Cool track overall. Oh and Busta schooled them all, OG. 3,5/5

Send A Nigga Home - craaaaaaaaaazy beat. Just imagine if this was mixed and mastered by Dre, dear Lord. Mr.Porter usually has annoying hooks but this one is fly. This really sounds like a cut that was considered for the Reformation, like Dre was involved in coaching Bishop. Just the way he flows and emphasizes some words. 5/5

City Lights - simillar beat to the Jim Jone's one, little bit better. Like the chours, they sound like Linkin Park. Bishop's flow is too lazy though, expected more energy from him, considering the chours. 3/5

Ghetto Song - clearly a leftover Nottz beat, again sounds unfinished. Bishop's flow is again too lazy, can't complain about the lyrics and storytelling though, he paints a nice picture. 3/5

What People Do - Cinematic intro and I absolutley love when the sample kicks in. Much better Nottz beat, again with some proper Dre mixing this would be banging. Bishop again stepped it up flow wise, great track. 4,5/5

One Night - Bishop has a tendecy too talk about pussy and bitches too much but this track is better. Sounds simillar to that Get Right Back from Scarface OG, some nice storytelling again. Not just "I fucked her and her" but more of a grown up vibe. Smooth chours. 3,5/5

Right Now - another clear leftover beat. Storch and Bishop make a good combo, probably because he picks different type of beats from him than the others (the tracks on Pope Mobile were great). Very simillar to the previous track, like this one better, has better production. 4/5

Be Cool - Xzibit killed it  :o X is definetly one of the best, I miss his music. The other aslo did their thing, nice posse cut. 4/5

Better Than You - "tough guy" sort of track, some big egos  :P He reminds of 50 Cent a lot on this track. One of the better Focus beats I've heard. 4/5

Kissing The Curb - Great track. From Jake One's classy eastcoast production (sounds Wu-Tang-ish) to Busta's chours and Bishop's rhymes. If tracks like this are on mixtapes, I wonder what type of crazy will we get from those 2 on the album. 5/5

The Name - cheap production from Focus, weak drums like somebody else said before. Altough I like those violins. Average track 3/5

Everyday - hype production, same sample as that new Usher/Jay track. Bishop sounds focused, sharp flow, nice message on the track. Good chours, sounds l50 Cent-ish 4,5/5

Can't Figure It Out - seriously, Khalil is by far the best producer right now. He should use piano more often and that sample on the chours is crazy, makes me wanna cry. Bishop sounds emotional, he should do more tracks like this (just like I Always Knew on Pope Mobile). Khalil for president! 5/5

Donkey Kong Savage - who would have thought this was Danja ? Sounds like a Storch & Dre production. Bishop went nuts on this one, killed it. Again, a good structured chours, nice horns in the chours too. 5/5

Why U Wanna - the piano on the chours is buckwild but it's a shame it's ruined by Bishop's awful chours. Some funny punchlines on this one, simillar to Rapper Wanna Sing on Pope Mobile, shows a more funny side of him. 4/5

On My Dick - Bishop sounded lazy at first but then picked it up in the end. Chours is awsome (who is that btw ?), cool track. Haven't heard a wack beat from Tha Bizness yet 3/5

Greates Trick - suppose to be Mr.Porter & Dre production, who knows. I figue Mr.Porter did all the work and Dre probably added the guitar riff. Dope concept from Bishop and the chours is once again very good. 4,5/5

Bonus

It Hurts: the production is unreal. That orchestra voice is exactly how I picture Detox sounding, great piano loop too. I still think Dre had something to do with it but Dready Beatz should co-produce for Detox that's for sure. IMO this is first single material, can't believe this is "only" on a mixtape, they're crazy. I want the full and no DJ version  :'( 5/5

Oh My God -  Candy Shop/Over Her leftover, nothing special, laughed couple times though, chours is annoying 3/5

h2k4

A few tracks were worth keeping but overall it wasn't my style.  Thanks anyway.