Author Topic: "L.A.X" NEWS STRAIGHT FROM BILLBOARD.COM  (Read 1208 times)

eMzi

• Lil Geezy
  • tru playa
"L.A.X" NEWS STRAIGHT FROM BILLBOARD.COM
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:49:53 AM »
Originally due June 24 then July 8, the Game's third album, "LAX," is now set for release July 22 via Geffen. The first single, "Game's Pain," featuring Keyshia Cole, is currently No. 26 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

Other tracks on the set include the Lil' Wayne-assisted "My Life," "Angel" with Common, "Camera Phone" and "A Thug and a Gentleman," both featuring Ne-Yo, "Us Live" with Chrisette Michelle," "Put Ya Hands Up" with Busta Rhymes and the promotional single "Dope Boys," with Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker. An accompanying video for the latter is currently in the works.

Other guests include Ice Cube, Raekwon, Ludacris, Bilal and Raheem DeVaughn, appearing on "State of Emergency," "Bulletproof Diaries," "Cali Sunshine" and "Touchdown," respectively.

Cool & Dre, Irv Gotti, Nottz, J.R. Rotem, Scott Storch, DJ Toomp, Hi-Tek and Kanye West lend their production efforts to the album.

The Game changed the original June 24 release date because his former cohort-turned-nemesis 50 Cent was to release G-Unit's "T.O.S. (Terminate on Sight)" the same day, but both were pushed back. G-Unit's album is now slated for July 1.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003816902
I'ma diss you over fast, slow track or no track
If your shit wasn't so wack, I'd diss you to yo' track

Re: "L.A.X" NEWS STRAIGHT FROM BILLBOARD.COM
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 10:55:34 AM »
LAX sounded like a classic until Camera Phone. C'mon Game. This is your last album. I dont need no "Girl! Turn around so I can see you in my cameraaaaaaa phoooooooone" or some bullshit like that.

Nigga Witta Attitude

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »
props sounds dope as fuck.

EFFeX

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:43 AM »
I'm a big Game fan so I'm going to go into this album with an open mind, but there seems to be way too much "fluff" and an abundance of unneeded features... we'll see how it turns out though.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »
What happened to the Nas feature?

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 12:07:05 PM »
cant wait  8)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 12:11:01 PM »
LAX sounded like a classic until Camera Phone. C'mon Game. This is your last album. I dont need no "Girl! Turn around so I can see you in my cameraaaaaaa phoooooooone" or some bullshit like that.
Last decent album maybe... he had Xzibit, Busta, Snoop and others on his albums yearlier and now Lil Wayne and Ne-Yo?  :grumpy:

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »
WOW, this sounds dope as FUCK :o :o :o
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Matt.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »
 The Game returns to the cracked pavement, the album's street single, "Dope Boys," with Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker showing off his own trap work on the track. The song is produced by rising L.A. stars 1500 or Nothin'. An accompanying video is in the works.

Elsewhere, LAX shows off The Game's best talents. Lil' Wayne checks in on "My Life," produced by Cool & Dre. Chicago stands up on "Angel" with Kanye West at the helm and Common on the mic. Meanwhile, Ne-Yo blesses a pair of songs: "Camera Phone" also from Cool & Dre, as well as J.R. Rotem's "A Thug and a Gentleman." Scott Storch cooks up two summer sizzlers: "Let Us Live" featuring Chrissette Michelle and "Put Ya Hands Up" with Busta Rhymes.

Hip-hop greats Ice Cube -- "State of Emergency" by J.R.Rotem -- and Raekwon -- Jellyroll's "Bulletproof Diaries" -- likewise weigh in. R&B is equally well represented: Bilal on "Cali Sunshine," produced by Nottz, and Raheem DeVaughn on "Touchdown." Nottz also lays the licks for loudmouth Ludacris on the appropriately titled "Ya Heard." Other songs of note include "Nice" by Irv Gotti, "House of Pain" by anthemic Atlantan DJ Toomp, and "Letter to the King" produced by Hi-Tek.

Quite a mouthful. But that's the Game's specialty: giving the audience more than it can possibly handle. Come July 22, LAX is set to raise the bar. Again. The Game is most definitely on.

---

Bit more info

h2k4

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 12:57:21 PM »
 8)
Album is shaping up to be dope.  I would have preferred Trey Songz over Ne-Yo but I'm sure it will sound dope.  I doubt Game will let the album sound pop-ish.

RHustle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
thanks for the news, cant wait...now that the Wayne album is out LAX is the most anticipated Rap album for me this year

marcin1712

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 01:44:38 PM »
it will be dope album, props for nfo

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »
8)
Album is shaping up to be dope.  I would have preferred Trey Songz over Ne-Yo but I'm sure it will sound dope.  I doubt Game will let the album sound pop-ish.

thats what im sayin..... 8)

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »
The Game returns to the cracked pavement, the album's street single, "Dope Boys," with Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker showing off his own trap work on the track. The song is produced by rising L.A. stars 1500 or Nothin'. An accompanying video is in the works.

Elsewhere, LAX shows off The Game's best talents. Lil' Wayne checks in on "My Life," produced by Cool & Dre. Chicago stands up on "Angel" with Kanye West at the helm and Common on the mic. Meanwhile, Ne-Yo blesses a pair of songs: "Camera Phone" also from Cool & Dre, as well as J.R. Rotem's "A Thug and a Gentleman." Scott Storch cooks up two summer sizzlers: "Let Us Live" featuring Chrissette Michelle and "Put Ya Hands Up" with Busta Rhymes.

Hip-hop greats Ice Cube -- "State of Emergency" by J.R.Rotem -- and Raekwon -- Jellyroll's "Bulletproof Diaries" -- likewise weigh in. R&B is equally well represented: Bilal on "Cali Sunshine," produced by Nottz, and Raheem DeVaughn on "Touchdown." Nottz also lays the licks for loudmouth Ludacris on the appropriately titled "Ya Heard." Other songs of note include "Nice" by Irv Gotti, "House of Pain" by anthemic Atlantan DJ Toomp, and "Letter to the King" produced by Hi-Tek.

Quite a mouthful. But that's the Game's specialty: giving the audience more than it can possibly handle. Come July 22, LAX is set to raise the bar. Again. The Game is most definitely on.

---

Bit more info

Props. Here's the credits so far: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=184128.msg1880754#msg1880754

I bet that the Cube/J.R. track will be the best, shame that JellyRoll is producing the Raekwon joint. There better be some Just Blaze and Khalil beats on it, good to see Nottz and Hi-Tek again (Letter To The King sounds like another emotinal track).