Author Topic: Serious question: Which one is Dr. Dre's WORST production to this date?  (Read 752 times)

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
With all that Dre talk, I would like to hear your opinion. In every Dre-era (NWA, Death Row, early Aftermath, 2001, Pre-Detox) there has been many great beats and some weak beats.

My choice is 

Fire - 50 Cent feat. Young Buck & Nicole Scherzinger

I mean WTF was that? Absolutely under Dre's average beats!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 09:12:29 AM by --Vance-- »

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Probably something bland and unmemorable, like one of the ones off Jay-Z's record (apart from Trouble)

smegma

I liked that "Fire" beat... The worst production must be one of the songs off "Encore".

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
With all that Dre talk, I would like to hear your opinion. In every Dre-era (NWA, Death Row, early Aftermath, 2001, Pre-Detox) there has been many great beats and some weak beats.

My choice is 

lol yeah fire comes to mind  :laugh:

Matty

i wouldn't agree i got the instrumental of that track and although its kinda mainstream and basic, its perfectly mixed and bangs hard - some nice stuff going on the drums and this really crazy bass that comes in too. if i could include the other track on curtis (i know its not properly credited as produced by dre) - i'd probably go with that - 'come and go'. it's not awful awful and its nicely mixed obviously, but its hella basic and boring to me. especially the vocals on the chorus - really terrible.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I don't know one of his recentish beats, that one with Missy Elliot on Busta's album comes to mind. If you made a top ten of Dre's worst beats I'd bet that most if not all would be from after 2000.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
I would have to agree .. that Fire joint is shit.. but Come & Go is horrible too..

Lazar

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
i wouldn't agree i got the instrumental of that track and although its kinda mainstream and basic, its perfectly mixed and bangs hard - some nice stuff going on the drums and this really crazy bass that comes in too. if i could include the other track on curtis (i know its not properly credited as produced by dre) - i'd probably go with that - 'come and go'. it's not awful awful and its nicely mixed obviously, but its hella basic and boring to me. especially the vocals on the chorus - really terrible.

Yes I got the instrumental too. And yess, I heard it on a good system. But that shit is just horrible to me.

everlast1986

Yeah his worst beat to me is "Fire". After that probably Eminem "Evil Deeds" then Busta Rhymes & Missy Elliot - "How We Do It Over Here"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't

My choice is 

anything he produced for 5-0 except for that remix that had mobb deep on it. i forgot the name of the song
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

The Real Kilo2

My choice is 

anything he produced for 5-0 except for that remix that had mobb deep on it. i forgot the name of the song

Outta Control

D-Stress

do you mean anything for 50 prod. by dre was wack besides that one song? ??? wtf.fuck 50 and fuck dre but he had couple good beats on there.

heat

• 'G'
Fire is the worst track he ever produced, I totally agree, that shit was horrible

The Real Kilo2

Fire is the worst track he ever produced, I totally agree, that shit was horrible

Agreed.