Author Topic: DUBCNN: B-Real Statement Regarding Mellow Man Ace Interview + Video!  (Read 209 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/

B-Real - Don't You Dare Laugh (Feat. Young De) (Behind The Scenes Video) > http://www.dubcnn.com/media/video/breal-dontyoudarelaugh-behindthescenes/

B-Real Statement Regarding Mellow Man Ace Interview - November 13, 2008 By : Rud

Earlier this week Dubcnn featured an interview with Mellow Man Ace - if you missed that then ensure you check it now - Exclusive Interview With Mellow Man Ace.

The interview caused another legend to contact Dubcnn to make a statement to clear up some of the information in the interview and the Dubcnn introduction. B-Real - of Cypress Hill, who is currently working on his solo album "Smoke N Mirrors" due for release on February 24th 2009 contacted Dubcnn to make the following statement.

"To clear up a little bit of this information here, Mellow was never a part of Cypress Hill. When Mellow's first record came out, Cypress Hill had barely been formed. We were all a crew together, but there was never any direction for a group. When Mellow got in the door, we had already met Muggs, and then we started working on demos.

So when he said something about "his decision to leave Cypress Hill," there was no Cypress Hill to leave at the time. Clearly, Cypress Hill got signed in 1990, and his first record was in 1988. I think he's maybe a little bit confused about that.

As far as his contribution to my solo record, he was definitely involved in the beginning process. I give him credit for that. I value his opinion as an artist. But as far as the new Cypress record goes, that a very formulated thing between me, Sen Dog, and Muggs. That process is between the three of us, and he was never really involved in that. I read the interview he just released, and I was taken aback by some of the information in it, so I thought I would clear it up. I've got love for Mellow, he's my family, and I wish him luck on everything."

Our thanks go to B-Real for providing the statement and if you missed the interview it relates to then check out our Exclusive Interview With Mellow Man Ace today.

In related news B-Real and Young De just released Behind The Scenes Footage of their new video for Don't You Dare Laugh featuring Young De and Produced by Scoop Deville. The track, premiered on Dubcnn in September, will feature on "Smoke & Mirrors" next year. Check below to view the footage.

B-Real - Don't You Dare Laugh (Feat. Young De) (Behind The Scenes Video)

Stay tuned for more news and media from B-Real and the Cypress Hill camp as well as from Mellow Man Ace.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: DUBCNN: B-Real Statement Regarding Mellow Man Ace Interview + Video!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
Yeah i tripped out when i read him saying he was part of Cypress Hill lol.

Elano

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 01:14:03 PM »
where's the mellow man interview ?

J_West

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 01:30:35 PM »
lmao@ mellow man ace.....

that foo tripping , i remeber hearing on the radio that mellow man ace said he was responsible for cypress hill..lmao

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 02:13:14 PM »

It really doesnt matter i think there is some inter funk between b sen and mellow because way was mellow saying he would never work with sen again and way would b go through all this trouble to issue a statement when mellow has contributed to cypress over the year i think there is something going on much deeper then they appear to show.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »
It very, very deep... and we will be bringing you all the deep coverage and inside info right here on dubcnn :-)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 05:57:56 PM »

It really doesnt matter i think there is some inter funk between b sen and mellow because way was mellow saying he would never work with sen again and way would b go through all this trouble to issue a statement when mellow has contributed to cypress over the year i think there is something going on much deeper then they appear to show.

Yeah there is.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 10:45:02 PM »
shit, this reminds me of the time son doobie was on friday night flavas (back when it was wit the BAKA BOYS, hows that for old school) and mellow called in talking crazy and son called him a crack head? that shit was comedy....but i got much respect for mellow on the real tho'
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network