Author Topic: PRIME N BISHOP SWING THRU THE BASEMENT, BISHOP HAS A FEW WORDS , LES LISSEN  (Read 1173 times)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
Re: PRIME N BISHOP SWING THRU THE BASEMENT, BISHOP HAS A FEW WORDS , LES LISSEN
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 08:48:55 PM »
Here we go again  :laugh:

JRK

• 'G'
  • WarDoggz - Diocese/TakeOff
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 08:57:38 PM »
i gotta say this, doctors advocate was a flop for a reason.
that shit straight sucked. i was a big fan of that album when it first came out...
but in hindsight ill put it up there with doggfather.

the documentary is almost a non skip album, i think theres only a few tracks i disliked
and his lyrics/delivery weren't anything amazing, but it was dope.

doctors advocate had good beats but god damn if his lyrics weren't whack
as hell on it. and his flow gets pretty boring after a while.

but back on topic, i think bishop chickened out with the snoop diss,
OR, it was just a small jab at snoop to get his attention.
kind of like "hey notice me, im really spitting fire" type deal.
if anything, dre probably told his ass not to push it as a snoop diss.

99% likely it was that!!!

;D
GIVE ME MONEY, GIVE ME PUSSY!!!

Twitter "http://twitter.com/LetsGoJRK"

Jaydc555

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »
I think it was a diss and bishop backed out.I love crooked I but I get the feeling he's in the ear of a lot of the new west artists ears gently encouraging them to diss snoop...or I could be way off just a thought

Jimmy H.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 09:48:41 PM »
How is not going at Snoop, did u guys not hear the lyrics?

I don't get it either.... Bishop chickened out  :P :-[.
Hidding behind that metaphore shit...  :P come again  :laugh:
Game´s 2nd album is not known as a critical failure like Doggfater was...
actually most cats rate Game´s 2nd album just as good or better than Documentary.
Then again this beef is straight up bullshit....  :-\ :P so fuck it.

I actually think "Doctor's Advocate" was Game's best album but I can see where Bishop is going with the "Doggfather" comparison. DA really only sold with the Game fans and didn't have any big crossover mainstream singles.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »

actually most cats rate Game´s 2nd album just as good or better than Documentary.

Word

DPGC23

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 11:05:53 PM »
YEA THIS 1 IS UP INTHE AIR

I BUMP BOFF ARTISTS CDS, SO WELL C WHASAP

WE GOT 2 HEAR BOUT 3 TRAKS OF SOME "DETOX" MATERIAL, OR SOME OF THOSE GHOSTWRITIN SONGS,

1 HAD XZBIT GOIN OVER A NASTYYYY ASS BEAT, THAT SHIT WAS DOPE,

OTHER 1 I MEMBER IS 1 WITH GLASSES , MANNN

THEY SOUNDED LIKE HEATERS, SO WELL C, WELLC

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

STREETWISE

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 11:59:41 PM »
^lmao at you thinking that shits gonna be detox material.... the only thing that nigga bishops got going for him is going round talking bullshit about detox, he dont know any more then any of us, "it's coming out before my album, its coming out after my album, its coming out jan 08, its coming out in the summer, its coming soon baby, its coming at the end of the year, we gone shoot a video next month, the single gone be out real soon, its coming out late 08, its coming out early 2009 now, its comin round about summer 09" saying that shit infornt of cameras like its definite and keeps rubbing and holding his fucking nose as if its cool to get a whole bunch of buggas on your hands

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 01:28:04 AM »
well let's just say that track was meant to cause some controversy.

STREETWISE

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 01:28:37 AM »

I actually think "Doctor's Advocate" was Game's best album but I can see where Bishop is going with the "Doggfather" comparison.
DA really only sold with the Game fans and didn't have any big crossover mainstream singles.

It's not what you and me think.... I only like a couple of tracks on "Doctor's Advocate".
It got rave reviews in all the "official media's" ;XXL,The Source etc..... The album received a near perfect 4.5 Mic rating from The Source.  :o :o :o
Say what you will about them,but they matter no matter what.

If it only sold to fans,then he got shit locked for real;  :laugh: :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor's_Advocate
Doctor's Advocate sold 358,988 copies in its first week[16]
and as of March 2008 has sold approximately 996,563 copies in the U.S. making the album go close to platinum.
It has sold over 3 million units sold world wide. [17]

Not meant to go online with this yet.... but here's a part of a coming Bishop interview; (it was a done a couple of days before Bishop leaked the diss track

Q: Would you say that gangster rappers like Crooked I, MC Ren, Ice Cube, and others like them aren't MC’s?

A: Oh no, they are MC’s too! You can take people that are MC’s, like D.O.C. – they are not gangsters, you know.
Crooked I is an MC, but he is from the streets. Cube is not a gangster.

Q: So, he just portrays the gangster image?

A: Yeah. I don’t do that. I don’t portray an image. This is real.

Q: So MC’s can’t portray an image?

A: Yeah, you can, but my thing is: I’m going to be who I’m going to be completely. I am not going to dress up a certain way to appeal to people.
If it’s real – if it’s street – people are going to respect it regardless of what background you come from, so that’s just me speaking for me.

Q: You're part of what’s called the “new west” movement. Is the movement strong enough to stand on its own feet if the “old west” retires?

A: Yeah, they have to retire.

Q: So, do you think you, and other new people like Dae One and Taje, can climb up and take the crown?

A: Yeah, but we don’t want the crown.

Q: So you still want people like Dre, Cube, and Snoop to rule?

A: Naw, they would have to hang their jerseys up. The crown is not important to me; I’d rather be the pope.
The legacy continues, but as far as the crown, it stays where it is and that’s what’s important to me.
It’s more about opening up more opportunities for a variety of MC’s – more new faces, more new music, and more new ideas.
The new people are just used to the old people, and the old people don’t like to speak about the new people, so the music speaks for itself, and time speaks for itself. A prime example is: Are Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson still playing?
No! But these guys were great players in their day, and then they became commentators, and now they help new players come onto the stage.

Q: So why do you think people still depend on Dre to keep on going, and to bring forth new artists?

A: Because that’s where Dre positions himself. We don’t depend on him, we respect him.
People outside depend on him, because that’s all they know, but now there are more new faces. They have more people to choose from.

Q: So you think Dre should retire when you move forward?

A: Yeah, but I’m already coming forward. One man can’t control, or contain, a movement forever.
So, he’s doing his job, but it’s a whole new direction, and movement, and faces, and those flood gates are opening.
And once that happens, there’s no turning back. He knows that as well.

Q: You had some words for the “old west,” and for old cats, who wouldn't acknowledge you.
Who, and what, was that about? On, “why you want to piss me off,” you suggested that old rappers should hang up the mic.
Can you name someone “old” and tell us why they should quit?

A: Not all the old cats, just some cats in particular - but they did what they did because they felt like we were upstaging them.
They know who they are, and that’s why we do what we do. Overall, they have to respect us, and they have no choice but to deal with us.
^that is the most ignorant shit i have ever read, he thinks older west coast rappers need to step down because there stopping younger ones from coming up? you havnt been succesfull because you havnt got an album out, who the fuck does he think he is too call niggas to step down lmao, trying selling a couple million records first or at least put an album out before you talk about these niggas, i seriously cannot wait till he gets dropped
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 01:30:49 AM by STREETWISE »

Mietek23

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 01:45:35 AM »
Bishop Lamont really becomes annoying these days... he needs to drop runnin' his mouth and drop his fuckin' album!

This shit is gettin' ridicolous...

Chad Vader

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 03:15:11 AM »

I actually think "Doctor's Advocate" was Game's best album but I can see where Bishop is going with the "Doggfather" comparison.
DA really only sold with the Game fans and didn't have any big crossover mainstream singles.

It's not what you and me think.... I only like a couple of tracks on "Doctor's Advocate".
It got rave reviews in all the "official media's" ;XXL,The Source etc..... The album received a near perfect 4.5 Mic rating from The Source.  :o :o :o
Say what you will about them,but they matter no matter what.

If it only sold to fans,then he got shit locked for real;  :laugh: :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor's_Advocate
Doctor's Advocate sold 358,988 copies in its first week[16]
and as of March 2008 has sold approximately 996,563 copies in the U.S. making the album go close to platinum.
It has sold over 3 million units sold world wide. [17]

sure it sold about half.... but by 2008 record sales dropped drasticilly;  :-\ :-[ so you can't compare the numbers really.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Documentary
The Documentary debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, selling 586,000 units in the first week.
The Recording Industry Association of America certified the album two times platinum in March 2005 and it sold over 6 million copies worldwide

Not meant to go online with this yet.... but here's a part of a coming Bishop interview; (it was a done a couple of days before Bishop leaked the diss track

Q: Would you say that gangster rappers like Crooked I, MC Ren, Ice Cube, and others like them aren't MC’s?

A: Oh no, they are MC’s too! You can take people that are MC’s, like D.O.C. – they are not gangsters, you know.
Crooked I is an MC, but he is from the streets. Cube is not a gangster.

Q: So, he just portrays the gangster image?

A: Yeah. I don’t do that. I don’t portray an image. This is real.

Q: So MC’s can’t portray an image?

A: Yeah, you can, but my thing is: I’m going to be who I’m going to be completely. I am not going to dress up a certain way to appeal to people.
If it’s real – if it’s street – people are going to respect it regardless of what background you come from, so that’s just me speaking for me.

Q: You're part of what’s called the “new west” movement. Is the movement strong enough to stand on its own feet if the “old west” retires?

A: Yeah, they have to retire.

Q: So, do you think you, and other new people like Dae One and Taje, can climb up and take the crown?

A: Yeah, but we don’t want the crown.

Q: So you still want people like Dre, Cube, and Snoop to rule?

A: Naw, they would have to hang their jerseys up. The crown is not important to me; I’d rather be the pope.
The legacy continues, but as far as the crown, it stays where it is and that’s what’s important to me.
It’s more about opening up more opportunities for a variety of MC’s – more new faces, more new music, and more new ideas.
The new people are just used to the old people, and the old people don’t like to speak about the new people, so the music speaks for itself, and time speaks for itself. A prime example is: Are Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson still playing?
No! But these guys were great players in their day, and then they became commentators, and now they help new players come onto the stage.

Q: So why do you think people still depend on Dre to keep on going, and to bring forth new artists?

A: Because that’s where Dre positions himself. We don’t depend on him, we respect him.
People outside depend on him, because that’s all they know, but now there are more new faces. They have more people to choose from.

Q: So you think Dre should retire when you move forward?

A: Yeah, but I’m already coming forward. One man can’t control, or contain, a movement forever.
So, he’s doing his job, but it’s a whole new direction, and movement, and faces, and those flood gates are opening.
And once that happens, there’s no turning back. He knows that as well.

Q: You had some words for the “old west,” and for old cats, who wouldn't acknowledge you.
Who, and what, was that about? On, “why you want to piss me off,” you suggested that old rappers should hang up the mic.
Can you name someone “old” and tell us why they should quit?

A: Not all the old cats, just some cats in particular - but they did what they did because they felt like we were upstaging them.
They know who they are, and that’s why we do what we do. Overall, they have to respect us, and they have no choice but to deal with us.