0 (0%)
DJ Premier
17 (81%)
Juicy 'J'
1 (4.8%)
Me
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: DJ Premier Vs. DJ Paul Vs. Juicy 'J'  (Read 1258 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: DJ Premier Vs. DJ Paul Vs. Juicy 'J'
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 04:03:26 PM »
Premo hands down! 8)

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »
Dj Premier  8) but Dj Paul & Juicy J got hot shit also , Premo is almost untouchable  8)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:44:21 PM by Funky Ass Tony »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 06:09:59 PM »
3 6 are great but they're not seeing Premo.  He's been behind some of the greatest hip hop songs ever.

Paul & Juicy started a genre of hip hop.  preme was just "current" with his style when he 1st came out.  peep those paul & juicy trax i put up- they've been doin this "classic" shit from tha jump

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »
I don't understand how y'all can compare them though, styles are completely different... maybe in terms of how much work they have put in throughout their careers but that's about it IMO

Invincible

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 06:31:07 PM »
I don't understand how y'all can compare them though, styles are completely different... maybe in terms of how much work they have put in throughout their careers but that's about it IMO

Exactly, there is no comparison

3 6 are great but they're not seeing Premo.  He's been behind some of the greatest hip hop songs ever.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »

Exactly, there is no comparison

Yeah.  But it doesnt mean u cant compare the two.  whats wrong wit comparin a ferarri 2 a corvette?  i guess the songs i put up made u think twice about The 6.  I neva hated on anybody but that doesnt mean im not real with my opinions.  Besiides no1 can say Right Now that there will never ever be a producer/dj better than Preme (look at 9th Wonder).  its too early to label DJ Premier a Doctor J of hip hop.  There's so many more talented producers that came out in the past 10 years while he's still makin' beats in this day.  Bein' out since the 80's dont mean shit if you haven't elevated the game or your style.  But love whatchu love i dont give a shit

Paul

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 09:54:54 AM »
Juicy j and DJ paul are my favourite producers of all time

so consistant

1 of my favourite 3-6 tracks

classic stuff
funkyfreshintheflesh

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 10:57:11 AM »
I like preme's work but I still cant understand why he is considered this great producer... he takes a sample, makes a 4 bar loop and adds simple drums, maybe a bass line... It's very easy to do... compared to catchy compositions that dj quik/scott storch etc come up with

Here it took me 5 mins to do something "preme" style
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=387291&songID=7154352

If i took my time, i could mix it a bit better and 'master' it, make it sound more 'professional'

(jayz vocals are a bit off...it was just a sample test)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:01:39 AM by D1G1T4L »

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 04:16:44 PM »
(You can't do this with a Premo track lol)

yeah?

and that song after it with akon isnt produced by three 6
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:18:34 PM by R1ZE »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 05:28:23 PM »
(You can't do this with a Premo track lol)

yeah?

and that song after it with akon isnt produced by three 6

u went out and found another track lol.  yeah its tight but it don't have the same Energy as a Paul & Juicy song.  And that's clearyly an original piece of music, the songs are two different ones in entirety.  now i can't compose Bach but I can tell u how to make a song with Live Instruments and Digital.

this aint me but............................ Paul & Juicy are still better. 

Al Bundy

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 06:41:44 PM »
premo is the dopest producer for sures. three 6 have alot of epic beats but aren't as consistent as preme. don't get me wrong, i think both are dope.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 10:48:15 PM »
premo is the dopest producer for sures. three 6 have alot of epic beats but aren't as consistent as preme. don't get me wrong, i think both are dope.

u cant tell me da 6 aint been consistent, they've been one of the few groups that could do it.  Gangstarr didn't jump off like da 6 did.  Yeah, Preme can go overseas and maybe Guru but they couldn't attract a bigger crowd and have a better show than 3 6 Mafia.

Al Bundy

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 02:50:16 AM »

u cant tell me da 6 aint been consistent, they've been one of the few groups that could do it.  Gangstarr didn't jump off like da 6 did.  Yeah, Preme can go overseas and maybe Guru but they couldn't attract a bigger crowd and have a better show than 3 6 Mafia.

then explain to me their latest album sucking.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 06:03:25 AM »

i liked it.  beauty is in the eye of the beholder

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 06:12:56 AM by BiggBoogaBiff »

Paul

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 06:44:07 AM »

da last 2 walk production wise was their best since prob 1 of the choices albums
funkyfreshintheflesh