Author Topic: DUBCNN: Concrete Criminals Talk To Dubcnn! (RBX/BigRocc/NWA/Ren/Dre/Snoop/DR)  (Read 1565 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/concretecriminals/

Concrete Criminals Talk To Dubcnn! - By : Chad - January 1, 2009

Dubcnn sat down with RBX & Bigg Rocc, the Concrete Criminals, for a little sparring session.

In this exclusive interview, which took place just days before the historical Presidential Election, we talk with Rocc & RBX about a few things political, their relationship with the legendary west coast pioneer MC Ren, what it was like coming up during the NWA era, how Bigg Rocc & The Narrator formed the Concrete Criminals, and much more!

Many of you know RBX as an original Death Row Records artist who, along with Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg & D.O.C., helped create one of the most successful black-owned music labels of all-time by writing on and appearing on Dr. Dre’s The Chronic and Snoop Doggy Dogg’s Doggystyle records, each of which sold multi-platinum. RBX has gone on to have successful solo career with the releases of the RBX Files, No Mercy, No Remorse, Ripp The Game Bloody, and The Shining. He’s also made several scene-stealing appearances on records like Dr. Dre’s 2001, Eminem’s The Marshall Mathers LP, Warren G’s I Want It All, Tha Eastsidaz Deuces ‘N Trayz: The Old Fashioned Way, X-Clan’s Return From Mecca, MC Ren’s Ruthless For Life, and many more.

Bigg Rocc started his career in 1989, appearing in the videos for NWA’s Straigh Outta Compton and Alwayz Into Something, as well as several of Eazy-E’s videos. Rocc has been featured on all MC Ren’s albums on songs like Gotsta Chill, You A Traitor, Mind Blown and countless others. He’s worked with a slew of west coast heavyweights over the years such as Snoop Dogg, MC Eiht, W.C., Compton’s Most Wanted, Kokane, and Above The Law to name a few. Now, by reaching out to two of the hardest MC’s the west coast has to offer to help form the Concrete Criminals, Bigg Rocc is set to reach all-new heights. From Rocc’s early affiliation with NWA and through the turmoil that surrounded Ruthless Records Death Row Records and the whole west coast over the years, Rocc has kept a watchful eye on the ever-changing landscape of this industry.

Bigg Rocc & RBX: It doesn’t get any harder than this!

Concrete Criminals Interview

As always, you can hit me up on Myspace or via e-mail with any thoughts, ideas, comments and stories, and be sure to drop your feedback in our forums.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

G-Funk

Great read! :o That album they're working on sounds dope. I'll definitely check it out.
lol I didn't know RBX paid a lot of attention to politics.
And I found his story on how he and Snoop hooked up with Dre very interesting; It cleared some things up.
RBX really knows his shit, he never gets the respect and recognition he deserves.

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
He’s also made several scene-stealing appearances on records like Dr. Dre’s 2001

RBX wasn't on 2001 but I guess alot of people (including me) wish he was
well, we all make mistakes
let's hope he makes Detox
nice interview though

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
This group is one I am definitely anticipating a new album from this year. Me, Chad and Dre Day talk about them all the time. Great interview fellas.

Lunatic

Great interview, cool read. I like the idea of what there doing. I think we need more veterans out here finishing an album before talking to the labels. I imagine labels will (somewhat) be more willing to deal with veterans such as RBX if you come to a meeting with the album already done. It will also get released quicker as well.

I hope they can get the album out this year.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chad Vader

Great interview, cool read. I like the idea of what there doing.
I think we need more veterans out here finishing an album before talking to the labels.
I imagine labels will (somewhat) be more willing to deal with veterans such as RBX if you come to a meeting with the album already done.

.....artists in general....  ;)

Dubcnn: Do you have a release date yet?

RBX:
Nah, not yet.
We are really close, but we haven’t come decided yet; it’s probably going to be after January,
and the reason it’s going be after January is we are paying full homage to Dr. Dre.
We think he is about to come out with Detox sometime in December and he is going be out there doing his thing;
so we are going back off and pay him the respect that he deserves and let him have the limelight, and then come out ourselves after it’s his time.
You know, the west has to be brought back in the correct manner and that’s how we are trying to bring it back.
It’s a stepping stone to how we are trying to take it back over. We got to play chess for real, it’s going be two or three years in the game.

that means 201x  :P

Related thread;
The Official RBX thread (Concrete Criminals) *Audio,interviews,reviews and news*

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
nice job Chad & Jonathan  8)

i didn't know Rocc was around NWA  ;)

Dubcnn: Do you have a release date yet?

RBX: Nah, not yet. We are really close, but we haven’t come decided yet; it’s probably going to be after January, and the reason it’s going be after January is we are paying full homage to Dr. Dre. We think he is about to come out with Detox sometime in December and he is going be out there doing his thing; so we are going back off and pay him the respect that he deserves and let him have the limelight, and then come out ourselves after it’s his time. You know, the west has to be brought back in the correct manner and that’s how we are trying to bring it back. It’s a stepping stone to how we are trying to take it back over. We got to play chess for real, it’s going be two or three years in the game. Regardless of what people say or do, me being affiliated with the Aftermath clique, all my family members, we just have to fall back for a minute and let Dre do his thing then we going come hard and it’s all good.

i understand their logic, but they don't want to take that route, trust me  :P
luckily some time has passed since the interview took place, so hopefully they'll change tactics

This group is one I am definitely anticipating a new album from this year. Me, Chad and Dre Day talk about them all the time. Great interview fellas.
yeah, can't get enough of the hardcore stuff  8)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
dont sleep

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

kazam

• Lil Geezy
I ENJOYED THIS INTERVIEW MAN  I APPRECIATE THE WORK THIS IS WHAT WE NEED.

RBX IS THE SHIT HE IS WAY UNDERRATED HIS VOICE, FLOW AND DELIVERY IS LETHAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
cool interview, but you couldve just mentioned once to RBX about his unanimous solo album at the end of the interview or sumthin.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
dont sleep

that's probably going to happen, but that's their loss  8)

kuruptDPG

gd interview. cheers

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He’s also made several scene-stealing appearances on records like Dr. Dre’s 2001

nice interview though
he was,but the good doctor took him off of(murrrdara)!!and put hittman on the track.

kuruptDPG

nice interview though
he was,but the good doctor took him off of(murrrdara)!!and put hittman on the track.

he was on a leftover called doggz 4 life from the 2001 album