Author Topic: R.I.P. OSCAR GRANT (pigs went too far again)  (Read 643 times)

Hey Ma

Re: R.I.P. OSCAR GRANT (pigs went too far again)
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »
eye hope oakland go around and burn......nothing but white neighborhoods down. because they are the ones that get treated like human beings..........while the rest of use get treated like savages. dont be fooled my niggas. just because you have white friends dont mean shit............... youre still a NIGGER to these crackers and even your so called white friends.

what about your white wife?

zilla

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 12:19:54 AM »
They just got the cop tonight, charged him with murder I believe. There was supposed to be a huge protest tommorow, the town was supposed to explode tommorow. They issued a no-bail warrant for his arrest this morning right in time. They know how bad it's getting, more and more people are getting involved everyday, if they didn't charge him shit would have hit the fan on some Rodney King shit. Now let's see if he gets convicted.... his sentencing will definitely be a big day.

Hey Ma

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 01:05:47 AM »
They just got the cop tonight, charged him with murder I believe. There was supposed to be a huge protest tommorow, the town was supposed to explode tommorow. They issued a no-bail warrant for his arrest this morning right in time. They know how bad it's getting, more and more people are getting involved everyday, if they didn't charge him shit would have hit the fan on some Rodney King shit. Now let's see if he gets convicted.... his sentencing will definitely be a big day.

i know that pig will opt for isolation but hopefully someone puts glass shards in his food.

Elano

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 03:53:27 AM »
Former BART cop arrested on murder charge in Nevada

OAKLAND - Johannes Mehserle, the former BART police officer who shot and killed an unarmed man early New Year's Day, was arrested on a murder charge in Nevada today, officials confirmed.

Mehserle, 27, shot and killed Oscar Grant III, 22, at an Oakland BART station in the early morning of New Year's Day. The shooting has prompted massive protests, especially after videos of the incident surfaced.

Mehserle was being held in Douglas County, Nev., on a no-bail warrant, a law-enforcement official said.

Since he was arrested in Nevada, he will face an extradition hearing before returning to Alameda County, a process that could take at least a few days.

Alameda County District Attorney Tom Orloff was expected to discuss the arrest further on Wednesday.

Christopher Miller, Mehserle's Sacramento-based attorney, could not be reached for comment, but his office confirmed the arrest.

Mehserle had been moving from place to place in recent days as he faced numerous death threats. He was reportedly arrested without incident.

"The family will certainly be relieved that (Orloff) has made some effort to bring him to justice," said attorney John Burris, who is representing the family in a $25 million claim against BART. "This is terrific. This is a very important step in healing the community."

Repeated calls to BART police tonight were not returned.

Mehserle had given no comment either to BART investigators or Orloff's office following the incident in which cell phone videos appeared to show him shooting Grant as Grant lay facedown on the ground at the Fruitvale station.

Mehserle's resignation last week took away BART's ability to get a statement out of him, since he could no longer be fired for remaining silent.

Oakland's assistant police chief, Howard Jordan, said he hoped news of the arrest would help calm tensions among the more than 1,000 people who were expected to protest the shooting Wednesday.

"We're hoping that people act civilly and they take this recent action as a sign (Orloff) was committed to doing a job and moving forward with a complete, thorough and unbiased investigation," Jordan said.

Earlier today, Mayor Ron Dellums said that he understands the anger people feel after the shooting, but said taking that anger out on other people is an injustice in its own right.

"It's fundamentally contradictory to stand up for justice and then dispense injustice," Dellums said. "You can't operate on both planes. You can't walk both sides of the street."

Elano

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bO9KYgs13XY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bO9KYgs13XY</a>

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »
I think the officer should be charged and I think he should do time. And I really do think it was an accident. This wasn't Rodney King where it was the middle of the night with no one around. It was a crowded subway station with a lot of witnesses. Why would any cop be so stupid to kill someone in cold blood with that many people watching? I just don't think that it being a mistake makes it any more ok. People get drunk and accidentally kill people in car crashes all the time, but they get charged and convicted.

The police are a united group like any other group. Sure they get paid by the people to serve and protect but they are still a brotherhood that protects each other against the the outsiders. Oakland had something like 124 homicides last year, from what I've read. How many of those 124 in 2008 were young black men killed in cold blood by other black men? And how many of those that rioted or protested this would give up any of those that killed those young black men last year if they could? A lot of black people complain to the moon about what the police do but they themselves do and would do the exact same thing. If some 21 year old black thug kills another 21 year old black thug and you say nothing you aren't protecting anyone from the law of the oppressors. You are protecting lies from the truth and doing a greater disservice to your own community than any cop could ever do.

The problem is, with the distrust that exists between the Black community (and other minority communities) and the police department, what motivation would there be to work WITH the police to uphold supposed justice in your neighborhood? When you've grown up watching the police mistreat, harrass, abuse and even kill members of your own community...many times completely unwarranted, would you have ANYthing to do with them?  As an outsider looking in, without the proper frame of reference its easy to judge.  But the Black community (for good reason) does not trust the police.  Yeah, Oakland as a city has one of the highest percentages of Black people in the country...so there is a lot of Black on Black crime.  But those criminals, and much of a nuisance as they may be....are not police. They dont carry a badge, they dont pretend to be on the side of good, and they have no authority over everyday citizens. The police do. So its natural to have more hatred/ disgust/ etc. towards the police when they act like common criminals and are SUPPOSED to be the good guys (not to mention, paid by the very people who they kill).
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 12:19:16 PM »
damn my homie works across the st from city hall an got sent home early cause of the riots haha

oh and i hope that mother fucker does life

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
I think the officer should be charged and I think he should do time. And I really do think it was an accident. This wasn't Rodney King where it was the middle of the night with no one around. It was a crowded subway station with a lot of witnesses. Why would any cop be so stupid to kill someone in cold blood with that many people watching? I just don't think that it being a mistake makes it any more ok. People get drunk and accidentally kill people in car crashes all the time, but they get charged and convicted.

The police are a united group like any other group. Sure they get paid by the people to serve and protect but they are still a brotherhood that protects each other against the the outsiders. Oakland had something like 124 homicides last year, from what I've read. How many of those 124 in 2008 were young black men killed in cold blood by other black men? And how many of those that rioted or protested this would give up any of those that killed those young black men last year if they could? A lot of black people complain to the moon about what the police do but they themselves do and would do the exact same thing. If some 21 year old black thug kills another 21 year old black thug and you say nothing you aren't protecting anyone from the law of the oppressors. You are protecting lies from the truth and doing a greater disservice to your own community than any cop could ever do.

The problem is, with the distrust that exists between the Black community (and other minority communities) and the police department, what motivation would there be to work WITH the police to uphold supposed justice in your neighborhood? When you've grown up watching the police mistreat, harrass, abuse and even kill members of your own community...many times completely unwarranted, would you have ANYthing to do with them?  As an outsider looking in, without the proper frame of reference its easy to judge.  But the Black community (for good reason) does not trust the police.  Yeah, Oakland as a city has one of the highest percentages of Black people in the country...so there is a lot of Black on Black crime.  But those criminals, and much of a nuisance as they may be....are not police. They dont carry a badge, they dont pretend to be on the side of good, and they have no authority over everyday citizens. The police do. So its natural to have more hatred/ disgust/ etc. towards the police when they act like common criminals and are SUPPOSED to be the good guys (not to mention, paid by the very people who they kill).

I never said that blacks should rise up and start testifying against black murderers. I just said that they don't. And it's the same reason the police don't. They both protect each other from what they consider to be outsiders. I just pointed out the hypocrisy of it. Cops killing black men is nothing compared to black men killing black men in America and I don't need the proper frame of reference to point out the numbers.

As for your paid by the very people who they kill comment, I'd like to see the figures of tax dollars paid by the black men killed by police and see show much they really pay the police. Middle class America pays for the police, and the ghettos. And for the most part they aren't negatively affected by either.