Author Topic: Exclusive: L.V. (Coolio, Crack Cocaine, South Central Cartel, New Music)  (Read 2508 times)

jonathandubcnn

Today, one of the most successful songs in hip-hop history almost never was. The song in reference is called “Gangsta’s Paradise” and if it weren’t for the persistence of the original song owner, L.V, the world would have never experienced such a smash single. The song could have been performed with Prodeje from South Central Cartel, who L.V. first reached out to for the rap parts, however, schedules got in the way. Then, L.V. had to literally follow Coolio around for weeks to get him to do the song.

Dubcnn got the opportunity to sit down with L.V. Mr. Large Variety, one of the original members of the infamous South Central Cartel, to reflect back on “Gangsta’s Paradise”—the paradigm shift that has since left its mark on hip-hop forever. In this Dubcnn exclusive, L.V. shares with us his own personal feelings on his partner, Coolio’s recent and highly-publicized troubles with the law as he gets transparent and opens up about his near-death experience many years ago, to his current rebirth back into music through LRT Music Group.

Exclusive L.V Interview

Special Thanks to Lisa Thomas for making this interview happen!

As always, hit me up anytime on MySpace and be sure to leave feedback in our forums!

Quadruple OG

props on the interview, I've been wondering what happened to him...

*bumps "Throw your hands up"*

jonathandubcnn

L.V. was def a cool cat and it was a great experience for Chad and I to talk to him!   8)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
props on the interview, I've been wondering what happened to him...

Props Jon & Chad!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
yeah nice job Jonathan & Chad  ;)

i love gangsta's paradise  8)

Nils

• Lil Geezy
Just read it. Props on that!

Keep up the good work!
"Ima shut faggots down, especially muthafuckas with that gay-ass production  new millenium homo sound"

Elano

L.V. (along with nate dogg and butch cassidy) = GOATS

kuruptDPG

dope interview, cheers

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Props for the interview.  I always really enjoyed LV's music.  Cant wait to hear what he's got coming out.  And holy shit at that performance with Stevie.  Incredible!!

Jarkone

Yeah. Props for the interview. The Solo version by LV of Gangsta's Paradise is hot!! But I cant find my (old) cassete tape anymore  :(
Anyone can hook me up with the song?? Thanks.

jonathandubcnn

thanks for the feedback  8)

2euce 7even

check the performance he´s talkin about with stevie on youtube.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
2 words Washed Up!   don't try to come back LV!   :(

~Lucien~

lol @ crack cocaine in the tagline