Author Topic: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread  (Read 9769 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: The official "Say Hi to the Bad Guy" discussion thread
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2009, 05:47:14 PM »
basically IMO he shouldnt be on there period
but i get how he ended up on alotta the traxx

I'd have rather have him on there than Sisqo, considering in '01-'02 he was still in the mainstream and Sisqo was pretty much off the scene. "House Party" would have been a huge hit if it dropped as the first single instead of "So Damn Hood"

House Party had HUGE potential, that track is sick.

By the way to those who are wondering, I'm 90% sure that Ray J was never officially signed to Tha Row.

I don't wanna say it'd have put Death Row back on the map, but if that song had a video to it it could have been a pretty big hit.

He was rolling with Tha Row, never signed with them nor would he have been allowed because of his deal then with Atlantic

EFFeX

« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2009, 05:47:34 PM »
I think SOME, not all, but SOME of that Clint Dogg stuff is conspiracy theory though, got to be honest.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2009, 05:47:42 PM »
damn thats a tuff one but if i would have to choose id take sisqo and so damn hood wit sisqo isnt that bad
sisqo>>>>ray j
(thats if i would have to choose, to each is own tho)
and yeah i think he was jus rollin wit them never officially signed, otherwise suge would have tried to fuck up his good for nuthin career

I'd have rather have him on there than Sisqo, considering in '01-'02 he was still in the mainstream and Sisqo was pretty much off the scene. "House Party" would have been a huge hit if it dropped as the first single instead of "So Damn Hood"

See, I hate Sisqo and his vocals are annoying to me. I think Ray J fits that West Coast sound better. It's all opinion though. Sisqo always sounds like he's screaming and Ray J got a smoother style.

By the way, House Party may have been a good follow up single if not a lead single. I also believe House Party is from the Untouchable sessions as well though, it sounds older. You can tell it was recorded at the end of the 90s or in 2000-ish. It has that turning point sound to it. Unless they were going for that "throwback" sound.

House Party was for Dysfunktional.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!

EFFeX

« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2009, 05:49:01 PM »
damn thats a tuff one but if i would have to choose id take sisqo and so damn hood wit sisqo isnt that bad
sisqo>>>>ray j
and yeah i think he was jus rollin wit them never officially signed, otherwise suge would have tried to fuck up his good for nuthin career

See, I hate Sisqo and his vocals are annoying to me. I think Ray J fits that West Coast sound better. It's all opinion though. Sisqo always sounds like he's screaming and Ray J got a smoother style.

By the way, House Party may have been a good follow up single if not a lead single. I also believe House Party is from the Untouchable sessions as well though, it sounds older. You can tell it was recorded at the end of the 90s or in 2000-ish. It has that turning point sound to it. Unless they were going for that "throwback" sound.

Very interesting. I figured it was older, but I guess they just wanted it to have that old school vibe. Thanks for clearing that up.

However, did they later add it to SHTTBG since it didn't appear on Dysfunktional Family?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:51:14 PM by EFFeX »

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2009, 05:51:50 PM »
sisqo>>>>ray j

Very interesting. I figured it was older, but I guess they just wanted it to have that old school vibe. Thanks for clearing that up.

However, did they later add it to SHTTBG since it didn't appear on Dysfunktional Family

They added it to Eastwood's stuff. The only track that I think from all this on the nearly finalized tracklisting of Say Hi is Bitch.

EFFeX

« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2009, 05:55:15 PM »
sisqo>>>>ray j

However, did they later add it to SHTTBG since it didn't appear on Dysfunktional Family

They added it to Eastwood's stuff. The only track that I think from all this on the nearly finalized tracklisting of Say Hi is Bitch.

Good information, thank you for that.

Yes, I agree that Bitch was for SHTTBG.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2009, 05:55:31 PM »
sisqo>>>>ray j

surprising, figured Suge would rather have Tha Row Hitters tracks on Dysfunktional Family than any Hutch produced track considering ATL bounced from Death Row about a year or so before the soundtrack came out

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2009, 05:58:11 PM »
sisqo>>>>ray j

surprising, figured Suge would rather have Tha Row Hitters tracks on Dysfunktional Family than any Hutch produced track considering ATL bounced from Death Row about a year or so before the soundtrack came out

Yeah, my thoughts too but this is what I was told from someone who was around Tha Row at the time. I think Dysfunktional was planned out for a while.

EFFeX

« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »
sisqo>>>>ray j

Yeah, my thoughts too but this is what I was told from someone who was around Tha Row at the time. I think Dysfunktional was planned out for a while.

Well, it was planned for as long as there was news about the movie right?

Unless they just recorded a compilation album and slapped "Dysfunktional Family" name on it then added the title track and "I Thought You Knew"... ?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »
sisqo>>>>ray j

Unless they just recorded a compilation album and slapped "Dysfunktional Family" name on it then added the title track and "I Thought You Knew"... ?

Funny thing about I Thought You Knew when Danny Boy recorded it - he didn't even know that was the name of the song.

EFFeX

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2009, 06:05:37 PM »
sisqo>>>>ray j

Funny thing about I Thought You Knew when Danny Boy recorded it - he didn't even know that was the name of the song.

LOL, interesting!

JohnnyL

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2009, 06:07:34 PM »
Interesting stuff. So its a 100% this is just a bootleg cd with whichever tracks were available & not the real SHTTBG

check out this link that was forwarded to me.

http://www.streethop.com/street-corner/174434-fake-crooked-i-cd-say-hi-bad-guy-has-been-exposed-proof-inside.html

This link doesn't work for me.  Can you please explain what it said?

The link works.

Okay.  Maybe it does.  But it says I have to register.  And I don't know that it's worth it to read a single post.  Especially if I don't know what the post says.

FAKE Crooked i Cd (Say Hi To The Bad Guy) has been EXPOSED (Proof inside)
FAKE Crooked i Cd (Say Hi To The Bad Guy) has been EXPOSED (Proof inside)

The deal was, that Nino and Kilo were posting on the dubcnn forums under many various account names, creating a false hype about this new Crooked i CD so that more people would buy it, 1 from LSN, 2. from FTP (every1 not knowing there are the same people as well as 1O1/ GMG etc).

Every1 on dubcnn was weary of it to begin with, but these videos by Clint Dogg (from Kilo aka Josh aka Kilo2 aka DTG Ent. David Tanner Guinn aka DeathRowsFinest aka LSN on dubcnn.com) prove it all and exposes him and this Crooked i Cd as a SCAM.

These videos don't lie.
1st Msg by Josh aka Kilo aka DTG Ent aka DeathRowsFinest (8-3-09)
http://www.zshare.net/video/56681954e636f005/

2nd Msg Talking to Josh aka Kilo aka DTG Ent aka DeathRowsFinest(8-3-09)
http://www.zshare.net/video/566804193b3b2892/

Return MSG to Kilo aka Nino aka etc etc (8-3-09)
http://www.zshare.net/video/56687868356ec801/

The very next day BOTH Cd's were taken down.

If you got time, it will all explain itself after a little reading up on these links below.
Crooked I-Say Hi 2 The Bad Guy
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=211073.0

Not promoting, but a topic would hit here anyhow so....Crooked I, FTP
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=210700.25

New Crooked i cd, FTP, 1O1, GMG, Kilo/DeathRowsFinest/DTG Ent. Exposed
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=211045.0

Here U Go FTP (Crooked Tracks Inside)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=210728.0

Clint Dogg - Msg to Josh aka Kilo aka DTG Ent aka FTP aka 1O1 (12-3-09)
http://www.zshare.net/video/56931099d3266a2d
Last edited by ClintDogg; 03-12-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Okay.  Thanks for posting that up.  It's an interesting theory.  But I have to agree with Effex that at least some of this is probably just a consipracy theory.  For one, both projects are very different.  There are tracks on LSN's that are not on FTP's.  And vice-versa.  This can be seen in the snippets of each respective project, that was posted.
Also, the material appears to have been obtained in different manners.  As we all know, FTP acquired their tracks from the webmaster being the former webmaster for Death Row Records official site.  While the material acquired for the LSN project was obtained due to being accidentally sold at the Death Row auction.  Now I agree that it's possible that both parties were trying to cross-promote each others' projects behind the scenes.  But it actually seems, from the way they were trying to leak each others' tracks, that they were actually trying to undermine the success of each others' Crooked I project.  What I think is more likely is that when the webmaster for FTP was made aware that someone else was going to be selling a Crooked I cd, he then tried to put one out himself, thinking that the LSN project would hurt the value of his.  
 I would also agree that it's possible that DeathrowsFinest and Los Skanless could be the same person.  But it would be difficult to know that for sure.
 I would also agree that neither project is the official version of the cd with the finalized tracklist.  For that matter, we don't even know that a finalized tracklist even exists.  But it is clear that there are tracks on here that weren't recorded for this project.  And there are tracks that were recorded for this project, that aren't on here.  But I also don't know where people get the idea that a lot of these tracks were "Dysfunktional Family" leftovers.  I think it's possible, but that would also probably be difficult to know for sure.  The "Who Wants to Fuck Tonight" track was originally recorded for "SHTTBG," but was later moved to the "Dysfunktional Family" soundtrack (Crooked confirmed this in an old interview).  But I'm not sure if there's any evidence to show conclusively that any of the songs on here were actually intended to be used on the "Dysfunktional Family" cd.  

Blood$

« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2009, 06:09:51 PM »
I'm just missing track 14 from mine now, can somebody upload that for me? lol  8)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2009, 06:18:23 PM »
I'm just missing track 14 from mine now, can somebody upload that for me? lol  8)

It's "Gangsta Rap" ft. DPG. GangstaBoogy purposely left it off the file when he uploaded it because he figured we already had it.