Author Topic: Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time.  (Read 1631 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Scarface is the greatest rapper of all time.
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »
it's about who was better at their best, NOT WHO PUT OUT MORE CD'S AFTER THEIR PRIME ENDED

Big Punisher is a top 5 emcee ever....how some people don't know this is beyond me.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chad Vader

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2009, 05:45:03 PM »
Lol at Kurupt is mentioned in the same breath as Face.

They can't be compared. Kurupt is a MC,Face is a "storyteller rapper". So I can see where Hack is going. But Face can spit MC shit too,but he hardly does. (Check his verse on Devin's The Dude album).
So clearly Hack prefer MC's over storytellers,nothing to get mad about.

+1  i LOVE scarface's music for sure....it's just that when you throw him on a song with lyricists 2pac (Smile) or Crooked I (Gangsta Rap from Too Gangsta 4 Radio) he sounds average at times.... it's like when you take him away from his element (borderline horrorcore songs with Geto Boys over grimey or funky beats) he can't keep up with certain elite rappers

Scarface has spit some great shit over the years and I'm fully aware...but his ceiling isn't the highest compared to atleast 10 guys i listed

you got my point,but in the end there's no point in comparing MC's to storytellers. What I believe Luna is saying,is that Face as a strong catalog of ALBUMS,maybe even the best. Few of the cats on your list can match the quality Face has put down on SO MANY albums...

Moe

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2009, 08:22:10 PM »
thats a steep claim. i did like the fix though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
maybe you could say, "Scarface is the greatest artist of all time"; with the disco. & all.

but lyric for lyric, he is not the best in many peoples books.

"most accomplished artist"? :P

when i think of "greatest rapper" it doesn't necessarily mean their success, but how well they could kill it on the mic.

Chad Vader

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2009, 09:46:06 PM »
maybe you could say, "Scarface is the greatest artist of all time"; with the disco. & all.

but lyric for lyric,he is not the best in many peoples books.

"most accomplished artist"? :P

when i think of "greatest rapper" it doesn't necessarily mean their success,but how well they could kill it on the mic.

I co-sign that.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2009, 09:50:57 PM »
That is the craziest thing about music. Some of the most celebrated artists of all time are not the best or even the most prolific. I will say this, Face has a very consistent catalog, really no weak album in the bunch. Few MCs can say or do that.

Lunatic

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2009, 11:48:11 PM »
What I believe Luna is saying,is that Face as a strong catalog of ALBUMS,maybe even the best. Few of the cats on your list can match the quality Face has put down on SO MANY albums...
exactly..the best catalog therefore making him the best rapper imo..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2009, 03:45:33 AM »
Kurupt was really good rapper in the 90's. I can say that without even be a fan of him nor the Dogg Pound, but these last years he's been throwing too many "big" words out making them rhyme, thinking it's smart as hell.

kemizt

ABN

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2009, 07:12:24 AM »
Kurupt was really good rapper in the 90's. I can say that without even be a fan of him nor the Dogg Pound, but these last years he's been throwing too many "big" words out making them rhyme, thinking it's smart as hell.
i disagree, Kurupt used way more advanced words early in his career and what he said actually made sense back then.

Moe

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2009, 07:44:26 AM »
i disagree, Kurupt used way more advanced words early in his career and what he said actually made sense back then.
thats what crack will do to someone

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2009, 09:42:39 AM »

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

kemizt

Paul

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »
thats a steep claim. i did like the fix though.

yeah, dont think you can really say opinions are facts

never eally got into Scarface to be honest so couldnt make a fair judgment on his albums

Cubes the greatest imo, 4 classic solos, 2 classic group albums and wrote some of the greatest and most influencial hip hop records of all time
funkyfreshintheflesh

Chad Vader

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »
thats a steep claim

yeah,dont think you can really say opinions are facts
eeehh,that's right... but this ain't fact either;
Cubes the greatest imo,4 classic solos,2 classic group albums

so...
and luna never said that it is a fact did he?

Paul

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2009, 04:04:51 PM »
thats a steep claim

yeah,dont think you can really say opinions are facts
eeehh,that's right... but this ain't fact either;
Cubes the greatest imo,4 classic solos,2 classic group albums

so...
and luna never said that it is a fact did he?

thats why i put imo

And he does say fact in the original post
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2009, 05:04:05 AM »
ok,my bad if he did (and you).
But as I see and co-sign his point though (see a couple of posts above),but shit will always be subjective... so there's not really any point with all these greatest/best threads.
exactly