Author Topic: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom  (Read 18246 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2009, 12:48:27 PM »
how much would the lakers be hurt if odom leaves?

not too badly

kobe, gasol, artest, fisher, brown + andrew bynum for like the first 41 games until he gets hurt again

now

garnett, peirce, allen, rondo, rasheed, perkins, house...that's a team you better PRAY isn't healthy come playoff time
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2009, 01:24:28 PM »
hey 360, if Lamar Odom is so good, where are his all-star appearances??   ???

i mean you'd think if he was such an amazing player he'd get atleast ONE right?

don't give me anything about double doubles or versatility - because he's the most inconsistant motherfucker ever...THE JD DREW OF THE NBA LMAO

Don't be ignorant. Odom is very valuable for the Lakers. I dont' even care to compare him to KG or other PF, but he is a key player for the Lakers, expecially on the boards and defensively (he's the most intelligent player on the floor, to lead defense). We need him badly. Then you obviously should be fine with KG, but i ain't even compraing them. That's not the point.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2009, 01:27:41 PM »
on the subject of it nik
why did ariza leave?  (in your opinion?)

Personally i don't care. I care about the team. And we replaced him with Artest, so it's all good.

The nighmare is replacing Odom with Gooden or Joe Smith!!

those are solid players. But they arent the offense threat coming off the bench that Odom CAN be when he shows up.

Think about your bench, who is gonna be the playmaker?  Sasha? Luke? Farmar? lol. Scary shit...

1) Honesly our offense is the last thing i'm worried about. Odom ain't valuable for that. Our problem is the opposite. It's that Bynum can't defend, and Bynum+Gasol means Bynum is out after 5 minutes with 2-3 fouls, and we need a defensive stopper inside. Odom fills that role perfectly. Every fucking night. Then sometimes he plays well in offense, someday he doesn't. But that's the last thing i'd ask him to do. He's a Robert Horry type of player. He was a key player not because of his points per game, but because of his defense next to Shaq. Solid role players lead you to the win, remember that.

2) Shannon Brown can be a good backup PG.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »
Lamar Odom calls Jerry Buss
So sayeth our man Jim Hill, a cool cat with the best hair in the biz.

The purpose of said phone call?  Repairing any bridges in need of fixing after Doc B. didn't take kindly to un-returned calls from LO's agent Jeff Schwartz.  Does that mean LO is definitely favoring the Lakers over, say, the Miami Heat, who have reportedly offered him five years/35 mil (or haven't, according to the Tweets of Ric Bucher)?  No, but it does stand to reason that Lamar hasn't decided to close his purple and gold chapter. Otherwise, unless Odom wants an invite to Jerry Buss' poker game whenever he's in L.A., I don't know why he'd bother placing the call.

A promising development for those hoping LO will stick around. We'll have more details as they emerge.

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2009/07/lamar-odom-jerry-buss.html

PLEASE, GOD!!!!!!!!

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2009, 01:29:16 PM »
how much would the lakers be hurt if odom leaves?

I put them in the 4th place in the NBA rankings without Odom.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »
i say they're still 2nd to the spurs w or wo
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »
I'm not NIK, man. I don't react to those nonsense.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2009, 02:06:47 PM »

duncan, ginobli, parker, jefferson

thats not nonsense h omey

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2009, 02:09:21 PM »
on the subject of it nik

Personally i don't care. I care about the team. And we replaced him with Artest, so it's all good.

those are solid players. But they arent the offense threat coming off the bench that Odom CAN be when he shows up.

Think about your bench, who is gonna be the playmaker?  Sasha? Luke? Farmar? lol. Scary shit...

1) Honesly our offense is the last thing i'm worried about. Odom ain't valuable for that. Our problem is the opposite. It's that Bynum can't defend, and Bynum+Gasol means Bynum is out after 5 minutes with 2-3 fouls, and we need a defensive stopper inside. Odom fills that role perfectly. Every fucking night. Then sometimes he plays well in offense, someday he doesn't. But that's the last thing i'd ask him to do. He's a Robert Horry type of player. He was a key player not because of his points per game, but because of his defense next to Shaq. Solid role players lead you to the win, remember that.

I can see what youre saying. My thing is, Odom WAS the offense off the bench.  I mean, other then him there isnt another bench player that can create on their own. They are all dependant players. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2009, 04:23:05 PM »

Check my avatar. It is.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2009, 04:24:45 PM »
on the subject of it nik

I can see what youre saying. My thing is, Odom WAS the offense off the bench.  I mean, other then him there isnt another bench player that can create on their own. They are all dependant players. 

Yeah, but we're talking about the 2nd or 3rd (i don't remember) most offensive team in the NBA last year. Without Bynum, basically. To score can't be a problem for us. Nobody can create a shot on his own, ok, but we play the triangle, and when we do it you know the bench can score a lot.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2009, 04:25:30 PM »

Check my avatar. It is.

lol  If Odom DOES not sign with LA, they got worse.  The Spurs obviously got much better.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2009, 06:35:22 AM »
LO was/is the player that put us one step above the rest of the league  because:

-  1) the bigs rotation is the most important factor in Basketball , especially in the playoffs ... quality bigs and defense are winning ships :

With LO coming off the bench , LA was the only team able to maintain (even to increase with Bynum having such a little impact) the quality of their interior play in every aspect when the bench players came into the game (rebounding , team defense , scoring when LO decides to be agressive) .... what do you think Boston, Orlando , Cavs and Spurs main/1st move during the offseason  was for most of them to add depth to their Frontcourt  ?  it was to be able to maintain the same level of play as LA bigs are able to keep when bench players are entering the game ..

2 ) LO versatility : A top 10 rebounder in this league , an excellent ball -handler for his size , a potential mismatch night in and night out PLUS what work for the other team against 90% of the NBA teams doesn't work against LA because of LO ...

Let's take the example of Lewis ... he was a nightmare for C's and Cavs because Big Baby and Varejao who had to guard him for most of the time are not quick enough ... with LO guarding Lewis , Magic main mismatch suddendly dissapeared .... LO is able to guard all kind of PF you throw at him and does from an above average to a very good job on em ...

This being said, LO shouldn't forget that he did this coming from the bench .... his inconsistency still exists and he has never been able to elevate his game as a 2nd option and was one of the main reasons why we were a 1st round exit for 3 years in a row ... the organization sticked with him whereas the FO could have traded him and move on with a more consistent player.
Now that he won a title with us and we offered him a very good contract , he should accept and show some loyalty instead of acting like a spoiled bitch that 99% of the athletes do.

Last point , some of you are speculating why the hell he will go to another team for less money and less chances to win it all ... well just my opinion but LO has already been a lazy type of player , not a hard worker and got a "soft , very laid back" type of mentality .... now that he won a ship , why not going to a team with less expectations so he can play without too much pressure and relax on Miami beaches instead of being part of a team which is on the spotlight every game and which is expected/under pressure to win several titles ....

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:40:03 AM by wcsoldier »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2009, 07:05:18 AM »
Last point , some of you are speculating why the hell he will go to another team for less money and less chances to win it all ... well just my opinion but LO has already been a lazy type of player , not a hard worker and got a "soft , very laid back" type of mentality .... now that he won a ship , why not going to a team with less expectations so he can play without too much pressure and relax on Miami beaches instead of being part of a team which is on the spotlight every game and which is expected/under pressure to win several titles ....

I agree, besides he doesn't have to put up with Kobe's antics and his phony laughs.

Do you think he'll end up leaving?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2009, 08:22:11 AM »

I agree, besides he doesn't have to put up with Kobe's antics and his phony laughs.

Do you think he'll end up leaving?

the FO needs to guarantee a 4th year on his contract .. reports have now made it clear that the final offers were either 30 millions for 3 years or 27 for 3 years + a fourth year being a team option with LO getting "only" 3 millions if both parties agreed to a buyout ... if he gets a 36 millions offer for 4 years , I think he's going to stay , if not he will go to Miami ...