Author Topic: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom  (Read 18365 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2009, 12:44:42 AM »
how much would the lakers be hurt if odom leaves?

I put them in the 4th place in the NBA rankings without Odom.

LOL...wow!

Kobe-Gasol-Artest....the best 3-man combo in the NBA=4th best team? ahahahaha. u dont think you're being over-critical?

easily debatable.

4th best in the west is a bit harsh. But Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, Jefferson > any Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Insert any current Laker player here

Id say LA ends up somewhere between 1 and 3 in the West. I would be surprised if it were anywhere below 3rd in the West.

sorry, but  Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Bynum still > Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, Jefferson

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2009, 02:35:19 PM »

LOL...wow!

Kobe-Gasol-Artest....the best 3-man combo in the NBA=4th best team? ahahahaha. u dont think you're being over-critical?

easily debatable.

4th best in the west is a bit harsh.

4th best in the NBA, not in the West!! lol.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2009, 02:36:13 PM »

LOL...wow!

easily debatable.

4th best in the west is a bit harsh. But Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, Jefferson > any Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Insert any current Laker player here

Id say LA ends up somewhere between 1 and 3 in the West. I would be surprised if it were anywhere below 3rd in the West.

I disagree, Spurs have a good squad but if LA can re sign Lamar LA is easily better than the Spurs IMO

L.A. with Odom = repeat.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »
even 4th best in the league is ridiculous

PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Ron Artest
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

Coach: Phil Jackson

+world champions

=

4th best in the league? LMAO....not even a hater would make that claim.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2009, 05:17:21 PM »
lets say that stands
whos 1, 2, & 3 ?

PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Ron Artest
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

+world champions

=

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »
lets say that stands
whos 1, 2, & 3 ?

PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Ron Artest
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

+world champions

=

even without Odom, we've added Artest and now have championship experience under our belt....well still be number 1. the best coach, the beast player, the best 3-man combo, the best system....i dunno how anyone can seriously place us 4th :-X

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2009, 05:36:49 PM »
i see you haterz (tha haterz that is) lol
but "dey know"

lets say that stands
whos 1, 2, & 3 ?

PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Ron Artest
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

+world champions

=

even without Odom, we've added Artest and now have championship experience under our belt....well still be number 1. the best coach, the beast player, the best 3-man combo, the best system....i dunno how anyone can seriously place us 4th :-X

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2009, 07:42:13 PM »
Ok, ok. Damn you two, lol.

Anyway It ain't even about that. You're all focusing on that "4th in the NBA" line, but those ranks means shit. The truth is that Odom is a key player for us on the defensive end. If you have him off the bench, you can defend very well against phisical C's (like Howard and Shaq) by moving Gasol to the C position and by using Odom as 4. This way, Bynum can play aggressive in the first 6-7 minutes, like he did in the Finals, trying to force his opponent to make 2 quick fouls, and he can stop him by fouling him. After 6-7 minutes you move Gasol to the C and Odom to the PF position, and you move Bynum to the bench. It worked against the Magic. But you can also defend against quick and athletic PF's, like KG and Lewis, cause Odom can defend them way better than Gasol (he's top-3 defender when he plays C and he doesn't have to move his feet. He uses his body perfectly and he has high basketball IQ. Watch how he defended on Howard. But when he has to defend against quick PF's he's a bad defender, and he's often exposed).

He's a key player, like i said.

Just like Artest. Cause we can use him to defend against phisical SF's like LeBron James, Melo, P.Pierce (and he's better than Ariza doing it).

You gotta understand it's all about the NBA Play Offs. It's about matching the best way possible against your opponents. And with Artest and Odom we have the 2 keys to defend against any team. The only weak player on defense we have is the PG, but if Shannon Brown continues to improve he can fill that role and maybe even play big minutes for us against players like Billups, Brooks, Parker, Nelson, Rondo.

If we loose one of those 3 players, we're exposed.

That doesn't necessary means they are the 3 best players in our team, but they are the key ones. You know what i mean?

Like i said, with Odom we are just perfect. So let's sign him and fuck all those rumors.

P.S.
Nik having Championship experience has nothing to do with defending against KG, Howard (with Bynum and Mbenga), Shaq, etc..
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:46:17 PM by Antonio »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
Lamar Odom and Lakers resume talks
Ronald Martinez / Getty Images
By Broderick Turner and Mike Bresnahan
July 23, 2009

Is the table being set again?

A week after the Lakers pulled a pair of contract offers to Lamar Odom off the table, the sides resumed talks Wednesday.

The discussions were labeled productive, but there was nothing to report "at the moment," according to a source familiar with negotiations who was not authorized to comment publicly.

It didn't look great last week for Odom's return to the Lakers after the franchise yanked its offers of three years and $30 million or four years and $36 million, with the fourth year only partially guaranteed.

But the sides began communicating in a more positive light Wednesday. Financial details were not immediately available, though the Lakers were not expected to have improved their initial offers. If anything, the offers might have dropped slightly.

Odom, who will be 30 in November, was a key part of the Lakers' championship run, and his teammates, including Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher, have unilaterally expressed a desire for his return.

On the other hand, the Lakers are conscious about veering too far into luxury-tax territory. They have already allocated $83.8 million to 12 players next season, which would mean an additional luxury-tax penalty of $13.9 million.

Last season, the Lakers' payroll was $78.2 million and they paid an additional $7.2 million in luxury taxes.

If the Lakers don't get Odom, their options are slim other than a trade. They can sign a veteran forward for about $1 million. They also must decide by Aug. 1 whether to bring back seldom-used guard Sun Yue for $736,000 next season. The Lakers have also considered forward Shelden Williams.

The Lakers have used both spending tools given to teams that are over the salary cap -- the "mid-level exception" of $5.8 million next season was spent on Ron Artest and the "bi-annual exception" of $2 million next season was given to reserve guard Shannon Brown, who re-signed with the team for two years and $4.2 million.

Odom was on the Lakers' books for $14.1 million last season, but will obviously have to take a pay cut. The Miami Heat has expressed interest in him, though the cap-strapped team could offer only a mid-level deal worth $34 million.

The Lakers took their offers to Odom off the table last week after learning he was engaging in discussions with the Heat.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2009, 11:40:39 AM »
Thank God.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2009, 11:41:27 AM »
Everyone knows he is going to fall back into the Lakers lap, he is not going anywhere.

DIP DIP SET SET

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »
Everyone knows he is going to fall back into the Lakers lap, he is not going anywhere.

real talk

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2009, 07:11:49 PM »

LOL...wow!

easily debatable.

sorry, but  Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Bynum still > Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, Jefferson

lol either one of us could argue over whos better between Kobe, Gasol, Artest and Duncan, Parker, Ginobli.  But you having to include a 4th in Bynum...makes your 4 weak lol.  Maybe if I take off Jefferson and replace him with Matt Bonner.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2009, 07:16:05 PM »

PG Derek Fisher
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Ron Artest
PF Pau Gasol
C Andrew Bynum

+world champions

=

lol Fisher will be a liability again. yeah he made some clutch shots, but he was a defensive liabilty last year and you know it...he will only be MORE of a liability this year.  You cant exactly call Bynum a sure thing lol. He's still a project at this point. Last year the Lakers had the 2nd best record in the league, and probably would have had the 3rd had Garnett not been out.  Not to mention, if the Spurs hadnt played so much of the year missing key players (Manu, Duncan, and Parker) we would have contended more in the West.  Im not saying the Lakers WILL end up 4th in the league, Im saying its a possibility.  Pretty much EVERY top level team got better.  The Lakers picked up Artest, but unless they manage to get Odom back...I dont think they got better.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2009, 09:08:37 AM »

LOL...wow!

easily debatable.

lol either one of us could argue over whos better between Kobe, Gasol, Artest and Duncan, Parker, Ginobli. 

LMAO...holy shit