Author Topic: Slaughter House on pace to sell 25k in 1st week  (Read 3232 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Slaughter House on pace to sell 25k in 1st week
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:30:36 PM »
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news07713m01

MCA Nashville Vet Unseats Michael, Cobra Starship Rises

August 12, 2009

Twang goes bang.

Yep, that’s the sound of honky-tonk veteran George Strait’s latest MCA Nashville hitting the #1 spot on next week’s HITS Album chart, the latest success in a long and still-potent career.

Based on one-day sales figure from all those music retailers who haven’t become medical marijuana dispensaries shows the country star will sell a total close to 150k.

That’ll be more than enough to topple the King of Pop’s reign at #1, though expect Michael releases to dominate the rest of our Top 5, if not, inexplicably, Soundscan's.

Red-Hot Cobra Starship, the latest Decaydance/Fueled by Ramen release (home of Panic at the Disco, among others), distributed by Atlantic, are the next heighest debut at 40-45k, fueled by the Top 5 single, “Good Girls Go Bad,” featuring Gossip Girls’ Leighton Meester. The band’s led by clever Gabe Saporta, who fronted the group Midtown on Columbia several years ago.

Valory country singer/songwriter Justin Moore’s self-titled album could do in the 34-37k range, thanks to a hit single on the format, “Small Town USA.”

E1 (formerly Koch) rap all-star group Slaughterhouse, consisting of Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz and Royce Da 5’9”, should do between 23-25k.

Mercury/IDJ country pop pin-up Jessie James debuts with between 18-20k, while Vagrant thrash-rock perennials Thrice’s iTunes exclusive will net them 12-14k.

The market was up 1% vs. last week, down 16% vs. same week last year and still down 14% year to date.

Hey, what are you doing just sitting there? Go disrupt a town hall meeting or something.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Slaughter House on pace to sell 25k in 1st week
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »
Koch (E1) undershipped them, they only shipped that many copies so they sold out already and I've been getting plenty of Emails from people who havent been able to find it in stores, Amazon is out of stock, same with CDUniverse... Koch (E1) fucked up and underestimated the demand for this record.. I knew this was gonna happen.

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 02:52:53 PM »
tried to order it from PLAY.com aswell but shows Out of stock!!

peace
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

Muhfukka

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 03:02:54 PM »
i havent even heard it yet haha ill probably buy i but i want to listen to it first. im not a big fan of super lyrical hippity hopitty shit but youve got to suport good shit in this day and age

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 03:16:04 PM »
i havent even heard it yet haha ill probably buy i but i want to listen to it first. im not a big fan of super lyrical hippity hopitty shit but youve got to suport good shit in this day and age

Lmao Hippity Hopitty Shit....Amen To That Homie..... ;D 

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 03:20:03 PM »
shyt, they're sellin pretty good, huh.... never wouldve thought.

Matty

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »
i can't get hold of a copy of this either...

COBNinja

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 04:16:49 PM »
i can't get hold of a copy of this either...

Jaydc555

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 04:28:57 PM »
Joe Budden just said he thinks e1 purposely did this so that slaughterhouse doesnt do big numbers first week.If they did big numbers a major would be more tempted to sign them,where as if they do low numbers they have to stick with e1.If you remeber jim jones did big numbers on koch first week then jumped to a major.Makes sense in a greasy label way.I mean slaughterhouse has the biggest buzz of any rap act in a long time and they only ship 30 k seems mad suspicious to me.

Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »
Joe Budden just said he thinks e1 purposely did this so that slaughterhouse doesnt do big numbers first week.

my bullshit meter is going off the charts.

Jaydc555

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »
Joe Budden just said he thinks e1 purposely did this so that slaughterhouse doesnt do big numbers first week.

Well its been reported everywhere thats its sold out.Amazon and best buy are out of stock online along with a few others.What reason would e1 have for only shipping this many copies.Think about it.The last artist that did really well on the label was jim jones and he jumped ship to a majorThe albums in the top 5 in itunes.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »
It's kind of a catch 22. E1 really did not gauge the buzz too well like what Nima said and low balled the shipments. Attitude there is probably less is more to begin with. Only problem with that analogy is you need to continue the buzz and interest along with supply more stores with copies for purchase.

Al Bundy

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »

Well its been reported everywhere thats its sold out.Amazon and best buy are out of stock online along with a few others.What reason would e1 have for only shipping this many copies.Think about it.The last artist that did really well on the label was jim jones and he jumped ship to a majorThe albums in the top 5 in itunes.

e1 probably didn't expect anyone to buy the album. i sure as hell haven't heard anyone in real life tell me they're picking it up.

Jaydc555

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 05:16:37 PM »
thats always possible.But what joe said could be true as well.Its all speculation.But slaughterhouse has had such a huge buzz for a while now.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 05:47:47 PM »
Joe budden is a dumbfuck who likes to mouth off...