Author Topic: Shyne Claims He Never Spoke To Diddy  (Read 385 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Shyne Claims He Never Spoke To Diddy
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 07:14:25 AM »

I said "if he plays it right".  These days in hip-hop artists don't usually play it right, and they aren't marketed like they used to.  Today it's quantity over quality and artists overexpose themselves every time.  Snoop said back in the height of Death Row they always used to advise artists not to expose themselves.

So what I'm saying is that if Shyne played it right, and just did an interview here or there and got the streets talking, then came with a big first single (something like "Bad Boyz"), he could have a huge buzz.  Shyne's first album still bangs to this day, and even the young kids I know really like Shyne if you play it for them.  So I think he could have that broad appeal if it's played right.

Maybe if he was signed to Interscope and somebody like Jimmy Iovine could oversee his project then it might get marketed and done right.
But again, I don't agree. Just being on Interscope doesn't make an artist. 50 Cent was a one of a kind deal that I don't see being repeated for quite some time if ever. Shyne has an interesting story and all but I don't think he'd be embraced by the mainstream. Yes, he does close to ten years in prison but the media ain't in love with him like that. His music is good but you're bringing him up like coming out of prison and doing the occasional interview is gonna make him blow like 50 circa 2003. 50 Cent was the total package at that time. He was street credible. He was all over the mixtapes. He had Eminem co-signing him as well as Dr. Dre. He was the guy who took 9 bullets and survived and was going after Ja Rule, who the public was tired of.

Jimmy Iovine ain't just gonna sprinkle fairy dust on his record and make the world love it. Shyne makes quality music, no question, but I don't see where you're going with this really.

I think Shyne will have that buzz. He has another beat like Bad Boys, and he rips that shit like he did before, all it takes is one hot track. And I'd go the Game route in terms of Puffy, Game didn't mention 50 in DA, and that was to his benefit, he just worried about it having hot songs. Then on LAX, he touched on it a little, but on mixtapes, boy was letting loose.

KURUPTION-81

Re: Shyne Claims He Never Spoke To Diddy
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 08:38:11 AM »
Hardly suprising that diddy is making things up.

More than likely diddy wants to keep things cool with him and shyne in the hope that shyne wont air him out in public.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson