Author Topic: Shyne Claims He Never Spoke To Diddy  (Read 388 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Shyne Claims He Never Spoke To Diddy
« on: October 09, 2009, 05:00:35 PM »
Got this of Allhiphop, but it wasn't Illseed so should be true...

Incarcerated rapper Shyne has completely refuted Sean "Diddy" Combs' claims that he and the Bad Boy mogul had a conversation.

Shyne issued a stern statement via his lawyer.

“My client wants to make it very clear that no such conversation between Mr. Combs and he ever occurred,” said Oscar Michelen, Shyne’s attorney in a statement.

Shyne told his counsel, “I want it known that this supposed conversation is a figment of Sean Combs’ imagination. He never spoke with me, he never visited me nor would I ever accept a phone call or visit from him. The only way I would do either of those things would be if he stepped up and did the right thing for the victims of the incident.”

Michelen also countered saying that Shyne, who has been jailed for nine years, never mentioned the alleged conversation in their conversations.

“I was very surprised to hear Mr. Combs’ claims about talking with my client since I speak to Shyne all the time and he never mentioned anything about it, said Michelen. “Knowing how he feels about Mr. Combs I know that it would have been very strange for Shyne to have spoken with him and not told anyone."

n an interview on Hot 97 with DJ Absolut, Diddy said, "It's a blessing that [Shyne is] coming home. I spoke with him a couple weeks ago. He sounded like he was in good spirits. I know he can't wait to get home. And I know he's definitely gonna heat the whole scene up. He's definitely gonna do it, you know what I'm saying, he definitely was one of the most talented young artists that I had the pleasure to work with so I'm quite sure he's been using his time wisely and I'm quite sure he has some heat."

Presently, Shyne, resides in Federal immigration detention until a judge decides if the Belize-bore rapper can still remain in the United States. He is jailed for an infamous 1999 Club New York shooting that had ties to both Diddy and then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez.

Shyne has legally changed his name to Moses Levi.

A civil lawsuit surrounding the shooting is pending in Brooklyn Supreme Court.

Now this is interesting, balls in Diddy's court now.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
Re: Shyne Claims He Never Spoke To Diddy
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »
i hope he murks diddy when he gets out. he will be my hero if he does.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »
i was reading that it was mostly Diddy's fault that Shyne even went to jail in the first place.

he is on Shyne's shitlist; not good for Diddy. :-X

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »
Doesn't surprise me, Diddy will say anything to keep himself relevant, the guys full of shit

BIGWORM

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 09:20:08 PM »
Shyne has been playing it smart not mentioning shit about what happened. I can't wait to see if he ever fills us in...

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »
i hope he murks diddy when he gets out. he will be my hero if he does.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 12:42:43 AM »
Kind of weird that Diddy would just make that up. I mean if a person clearly has issues with you for some pretty clear reasons, telling the public that you had a conversation with him when you didn't seems to serve no constructive purpose because for one, the truth is going to come out and you're gonna look even worse and secondly, that person is gonna be even more angry at you. I'd like to hear what Diddy has to say about this.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 11:22:16 AM »
All eyes are on Shyne right now.. if he plays this the right way he could be the biggest star hip-hop has had since 50 Cent back in 03.  An artist that gets love both in the mainstream and from old school heads.

I should be dude's manager.  I would tell him...

-Don't say shit about Puffy in public.  Keep it on the low.  Then when your album drops, let loose on a few bars randomly placed throughout the album.

-Only record with producers and artists you are cool with and have good musical chemistry with.  So don't just do a track with Game just because he's a fan of you and his name is out there, or don't have Timberland or Kanye West produce for you just cause they are big names.  This could easily fuck everything up. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 11:26:20 AM by Infinite... Be and It Is »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »
I don't think he has the kind of buzz, Infinite. People are interested but not to the degree of him being on that 50 Cent 2003 level. People know him as the guy who went to prison behind the club shooting incident with Diddy but I don't see where that is gonna make him a major mainstream contendor as a rap artist.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »
Diddy has always been known to drown.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 01:20:20 PM »
All eyes are on Shyne right now.. if he plays this the right way he could be the biggest star hip-hop has had since 50 Cent back in 03.  An artist that gets love both in the mainstream and from old school heads.

I should be dude's manager.  I would tell him...

-Don't say shit about Puffy in public.  Keep it on the low.  Then when your album drops, let loose on a few bars randomly placed throughout the album.

-Only record with producers and artists you are cool with and have good musical chemistry with.  So don't just do a track with Game just because he's a fan of you and his name is out there, or don't have Timberland or Kanye West produce for you just cause they are big names.  This could easily fuck everything up. 

Lol at you think he's gonna have the slightest chance to blow.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 03:29:15 PM »
I don't think he has the kind of buzz, Infinite. People are interested but not to the degree of him being on that 50 Cent 2003 level. People know him as the guy who went to prison behind the club shooting incident with Diddy but I don't see where that is gonna make him a major mainstream contendor as a rap artist.

I said "if he plays it right".  These days in hip-hop artists don't usually play it right, and they aren't marketed like they used to.  Today it's quantity over quality and artists overexpose themselves every time.  Snoop said back in the height of Death Row they always used to advise artists not to expose themselves.

So what I'm saying is that if Shyne played it right, and just did an interview here or there and got the streets talking, then came with a big first single (something like "Bad Boyz"), he could have a huge buzz.  Shyne's first album still bangs to this day, and even the young kids I know really like Shyne if you play it for them.  So I think he could have that broad appeal if it's played right.

Maybe if he was signed to Interscope and somebody like Jimmy Iovine could oversee his project then it might get marketed and done right.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 03:31:15 PM by Infinite... Be and It Is »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 05:29:58 PM »
Free Shyne Po!

thisoneguy360

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 08:12:40 PM »
Puff Daddy is such a piece of shit, he can die a slow painful death.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 02:17:14 AM »

I said "if he plays it right".  These days in hip-hop artists don't usually play it right, and they aren't marketed like they used to.  Today it's quantity over quality and artists overexpose themselves every time.  Snoop said back in the height of Death Row they always used to advise artists not to expose themselves.

So what I'm saying is that if Shyne played it right, and just did an interview here or there and got the streets talking, then came with a big first single (something like "Bad Boyz"), he could have a huge buzz.  Shyne's first album still bangs to this day, and even the young kids I know really like Shyne if you play it for them.  So I think he could have that broad appeal if it's played right.

Maybe if he was signed to Interscope and somebody like Jimmy Iovine could oversee his project then it might get marketed and done right.
But again, I don't agree. Just being on Interscope doesn't make an artist. 50 Cent was a one of a kind deal that I don't see being repeated for quite some time if ever. Shyne has an interesting story and all but I don't think he'd be embraced by the mainstream. Yes, he does close to ten years in prison but the media ain't in love with him like that. His music is good but you're bringing him up like coming out of prison and doing the occasional interview is gonna make him blow like 50 circa 2003. 50 Cent was the total package at that time. He was street credible. He was all over the mixtapes. He had Eminem co-signing him as well as Dr. Dre. He was the guy who took 9 bullets and survived and was going after Ja Rule, who the public was tired of.

Jimmy Iovine ain't just gonna sprinkle fairy dust on his record and make the world love it. Shyne makes quality music, no question, but I don't see where you're going with this really.