Author Topic: Death Row/WIDEAwake : Kurupt - Down and Dirty (Artwork + Tracklist)  (Read 4456 times)

EFFeX

Re: Death Row/WIDEAwake : Kurupt - Down and Dirty (Artwork + Tracklist)
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »
WIDEawake is good people

You know if they got any plans to release Eastwood music?

Aside from on compilations, I Wouldn't bet on a full length Eastwood album.

Which is a shame, but it's not like they really have anything to lose at this point by giving it a shot.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »
WIDEawake is good people

Which is a shame, but it's not like they really have anything to lose at this point by giving it a shot.

True.  I think a better [and more marketable product] after all the big names dropping [Dre, Snoop, Pac, Crook, Etc.] is a best of [All unreleased] compliation of sorts, with tracks from all the past artists.  Even tho Eastwood is one helluva certified rapper, there's no money in a solo album, compared to other things they could put.

Lunatic

« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »
Don't forget WIDEawake isn't JUST Death Row. They PURCHASED Death Row. It's an outfit of WIDEawake. WIDEawake was a label before they bought Death Row and will be after they stop releasing Death Row music.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

EFFeX

« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »
WIDEawake is good people

True.  I think a better [and more marketable product] after all the big names dropping [Dre, Snoop, Pac, Crook, Etc.] is a best of [All unreleased] compliation of sorts, with tracks from all the past artists.  Even tho Eastwood is one helluva certified rapper, there's no money in a solo album, compared to other things they could put.

Yeah, I understand what your saying.

I'm actually surprised they are considering the Sam Sneed project though. I'm not saying there's no interest in a Sam Sneed project, but to be honest, how much could it possibly sell in 2010?

I guess this is all really for the die hard fans though.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »
WIDEawake is good people

I'm actually surprised they are considering the Sam Sneed project though. I'm not saying there's no interest in a Sam Sneed project, but to be honest, how much could it possibly sell in 2010?

try telling that to tha WideAwake forum members  ??? it's like they don't get it, they're living in denial big time.  i liked Sam Sneed but if they were to release it they would have 2 include it as a double release with another artists album or release it as a digital download or something.  sam would sell like 89 copies and that's that.  they need 2 focus on the cream of tha crop and not tha dumb shit (CPO included, that nigga was just too nice back n tha day on deathrow 4 him 2 stay on tha racks in tha studio).

V2DHeart

« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2010, 01:43:56 AM »
Sam Sneed will be released in worse quality than the bootleg, with promotion extending to 2 other rap forums, and youtube... Expect it to generate sales of a 4 figure number this time rather than the last, which sold a humiliating 3 number figure

You know you have a problem when even Death Row fans wont buy Death Row product. I found my Snoop - Lost Sessions CD the other day doing a clear out, forgetting about where it could have been in the house when I forst got it, and put it on again in the car, and what a crappy release this was. Good concept, cover and all, but the quality - ouch
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2010, 03:30:25 PM »
WIDEawake is good people

Oh they are? Hmm.  I don't know, it would have to have alot of notables artists involved in it (for marketing and for music quality) to be a good release. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2010, 03:38:36 PM »
Sam Sneed will be released in worse quality than the bootleg, with promotion extending to 2 other rap forums, and youtube... Expect it to generate sales of a 4 figure number this time rather than the last, which sold a humiliating 3 number figure

You know you have a problem when even Death Row fans wont buy Death Row product. I found my Snoop - Lost Sessions CD the other day doing a clear out, forgetting about where it could have been in the house when I forst got it, and put it on again in the car, and what a crappy release this was. Good concept, cover and all, but the quality - ouch

Yeah, I mean obviously alot of the best music Death Row made, made it to a retail CD.  You can't really expect much more than unfinished and unmastered music, in which case WideAwake don't have the funding or resources to compensate.

EFFeX

« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2010, 06:23:31 PM »
WIDEawake is good people

Oh they are? Hmm.  I don't know, it would have to have alot of notables artists involved in it (for marketing and for music quality) to be a good release. 

Yeah, you right, it's selling 600 copie. My bad.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2010, 06:57:27 PM »
do you or anyone know the beat that swtiches up///or the ones they use for this song?

Doggystyle is a classic album man, you should really listen to it...

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2010, 07:00:11 PM »
smh @ VastAsleep again, somebody wake em up please