Author Topic: How come people see religion & beliefs as opinions?  (Read 8991 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: How come people see religion & beliefs as opinions?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 08:04:02 PM »
Listen I don't no any more, there's TOO MANY of you.

I've said so much shit in the past. But it's always the same fuckin' answers replied back.

Proof, proof, proof! Yes, okay, well it's called Faith. But there's REASONABLE evidence behind it that makes us believe, otherwise if there wasn't WE WOULDN'T BELIEVE THIS WOULD WE???

It's called reasoning. There's a reason for everythang. 'Coincidence' and 'by chance'..my ass. Starting with space..magnificent ain't it?

Reasonable...

When you are a believer in something....anything will be evidence to you.  Because you want it to be.  Just like the court analogy that was used.  If I WANT someone to be guilty...it doesnt matter if they are or not...I can convince myself through "evidence" that they are.  The entire rest of the world might think Im a nut....but if I believe it, it doesnt matter. I can prove it to myself.  Every so odd years they find a piece of wood in the desert and claim its evidence of Noahs Ark LOL.  Some lady found evidence of Jesus in her potato chip.  Hell....Elvis is still fuckin alive, and Tupac might have JUST died in Haiti.  In order for evidence to prove something fact, there is no reasonable doubt whatsoever.

Anyways, again.  My big issue is the close-mindedness that so many religious folks suffer from that makes them believe that they KNOW for a fact that god is real, that theyre religion is the right one, and that everyone else is wrong.  Thats plain ignorance.  I never claim to know for SURE that god doesnt exist.  Cus none of us know.  I just chose to not believe in a god that cant be proven to exist by anyone.  At that point its just blind faith to me.  And I chose not to be blind.

Regardless...Im sure we can just agree to disagree....yet again lol As this shit is gonna go nowhere
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »

I've said so much shit in the past. But it's always the same fuckin' answers replied back.

Proof, proof, proof! Yes, okay, well it's called Faith. But there's REASONABLE evidence behind it that makes us believe, otherwise if there wasn't WE WOULDN'T BELIEVE THIS WOULD WE???

It's called reasoning. There's a reason for everythang. 'Coincidence' and 'by chance'..my ass. Starting with space..magnificent ain't it?

Reasonable...

When you are a believer in something....anything will be evidence to you.  Because you want it to be.  Just like the court analogy that was used.  If I WANT someone to be guilty...it doesnt matter if they are or not...I can convince myself through "evidence" that they are.  The entire rest of the world might think Im a nut....but if I believe it, it doesnt matter. I can prove it to myself.  Every so odd years they find a piece of wood in the desert and claim its evidence of Noahs Ark LOL.  Some lady found evidence of Jesus in her potato chip.  Hell....Elvis is still fuckin alive, and Tupac might have JUST died in Haiti.  In order for evidence to prove something fact, there is no reasonable doubt whatsoever.

Anyways, again.  My big issue is the close-mindedness that so many religious folks suffer from that makes them believe that they KNOW for a fact that god is real, that theyre religion is the right one, and that everyone else is wrong.  Thats plain ignorance.  I never claim to know for SURE that god doesnt exist.  Cus none of us know.  I just chose to not believe in a god that cant be proven to exist by anyone.  At that point its just blind faith to me.  And I chose not to be blind.

Regardless...Im sure we can just agree to disagree....yet again lol As this shit is gonna go nowhere

The close-mindedness works both ways here though.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »

Reasonable...

daygo and myself both admit we dont know for sure, so how are we being close minded?  youre the one who thinks its a fact, regardless of whats being presented to you. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 08:15:38 PM »

Reasonable...

Maybe with some people yes.  Like I told you tho...I cant prove that there is no god...you cant prove that there is one.  Im not saying I am for sure right....I might be wrong.  Just as you might.  But most religious folks Ive ever known cant admit (by the very nature of the religion they are a part of) that they might be wrong.

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 08:35:51 PM »
^ So you're willing to risk an eternity of your spirit residing in a purgatory of hell becuz you can't be for certain? Of course neither can I. Cuz it's Faith. But if there ain't no God, there's no God, no consequence to me. You see what I'm sayin'?

daygo and myself both admit we dont know for sure, so how are we being close minded?  youre the one who thinks its a fact, regardless of whats being presented to you. 
You think I never had doubts or questions?? I mean I did but I came to the conclusion, life is far too unexplained and etc. and the more I see ya'll wit these beliefs the deeper mines becomes. Outta curiosity, is the only reason you choose not to believe is becuz you can't 'see' him?

You got 4 other senses my nigga. ;)

Or is it the theory of evolution? Cuz you got people who still believe in God regardless.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 11:47:38 PM »

Reasonable...

exactly..it's the gospel of I don't know. Can you prove Santa Claus don't exist?? No you can't. Same goes for god. That's how you're gonna set this up my niggas. keep an open mind. you have to look at everything from a neutral standpoint. i don't give a fucc who you are.

^ So you're willing to risk an eternity of your spirit residing in a purgatory of hell becuz you can't be for certain? Of course neither can I. Cuz it's Faith. But if there ain't no God, there's no God, no consequence to me. You see what I'm sayin'?

So in other words..your faith is like a "get outta jail free" card for you. You honestly think that's a good enough reason to believe?. Trust me when I tell you this but the reasons for not believing in this bullshit far outweigh the ones that tell you to believe.

You think I never had doubts or questions?? I mean I did but I came to the conclusion, life is far too unexplained and etc. and the more I see ya'll wit these beliefs the deeper mines becomes. Outta curiosity, is the only reason you choose not to believe is becuz you can't 'see' him?

Or is it the theory of evolution? Cuz you got people who still believe in God regardless.
[/quote]

if you'd keep an open mind you would understand. you're not asking all the questions my nigga. the theory of evolution is definitely something that sounds reasonable and it's not even a theory. we know for a fact that species evolve. we don't know anything about this god business. NADA.

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »

this right here is the exact reason I think people believe in any particular religion.  This basically sums it up.  Fear.  They are too afraid to NOT believe it.  Thats terrible.

ikke

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2010, 02:42:42 AM »
on the flip side i cannot prove there isnt a god, its just my belief that there isnt. 
THIS.

Facts have to be proven but you can be wrong about this so it should be factual?
Exeption?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2010, 02:16:41 PM »

exactly, there are things we cant explain, thats why people find comfort in god.  it goes back to the whole fear/security thing.  its far too simple to say "god did it" or "its gods will".  life is never simple, so why should the explanations be so simple?

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2010, 02:19:34 PM »

this right here is the exact reason I think people believe in any particular religion.  This basically sums it up.  Fear.  They are too afraid to NOT believe it.  Thats terrible.

exactly.  im not worried about what happens to me when i die, im worried about my life RIGHT NOW.  when we die, we die.  why are people afraid to accept that? 

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 04:00:54 PM »
I don't know. I don't know about ya'll no more. I have questioned, kept an open mind, so that should be flipped, YA'LL SHOULD QUESTION, YA'LL WONDER, wondering leads to wisdom. 'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER! Whatever. This world is fucked, unfortunately. Ya'll just need to understand reason. It sounds crazy, ya'll ideations sound crazy. Like everythang was just some big coincidence. Like really ya'll? Really? Come on homies. Death. Why we die? TELL ME OH ATHEIST, WHY? No idea. Just happens. IT JUST 'DOESN'T HAPPEN'. Life doesn't just happen. It's somethang called..CAUSE & EFFECT! Ya'll learned that in fuckin' GRAMMAR SCHOOL!!

I'ma say though, I hope somethang happens, AND NOT SOMETHANG BAD OR SOME TRAGEDY, but somethang, some awaking in ya'll lives, somethang positive to change your views and realize God is fuckin' good. I says it wit respect.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
you call my ideas crazy but youre the one who prays to some invisible man in the sky.  :p

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 04:13:41 PM »
Like the invisible air you breathe? The invisible wind you feel hit chur face? 

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2010, 04:14:51 PM »
The heart can see things invisible to the eye ;D

Sparegeez

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »
religions were made because man fears what he doesnt understand.  saying "god made it" takes away that fear and replaces it with a false sense of security.  

exactly

not really. to you guys it's a false sense of security, but to others it's a true sense of living. I don't believe in God just because my parents, grandparents and the bible says so. I see the world for how it is and I see evidence of God through life and experience.