Author Topic: Dre, Lebron and Jimmy Iovene at Yankee/REd Sox game  (Read 2906 times)

Okka

Re: Dr. Dre's Single Is Called Under Pressure Ft Jay Z
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 06:45:16 PM »
As far as Dre's solo albums go and most of the albums he produced/exec. produced, he has never dissapointed. I really do hope we won't be dissapointed this time.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
We'll see...title definately fits lol...under pressure the nigga sure is! and i cant see him and jigga topping what dre and snoop did with still dre but lets give it a chance! Dre still that nigga
Well, to be perfect honestly, "Still DRE" didn't compare to the Chronic singles when I first heard it but that album is still a classic. I'm looking for something great. I'm done with the comparing. I just want something that can hold its own with Dre's previous albums. Not better, not worse.

VIDEO:

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/rapper-producer-dr-dre-takes-his-hacks-at-fenway-park.html

I find it really funny how Dr. Dre is never comfortable in front of a camera, you can almost feel his heart is beating faster when he has to answer a question...isn't it shocking to see a legend his age being nervous?
Perhaps the ultimate proof he's human like us  ;)
Dre has always been a fucking shy dude. Just about every interviewer who talks to him for the first time comments on this.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »
man even though the songs not out, it feels really good hearing dre actually talkin about some new music!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2010, 06:51:06 PM »
you think Dre uses the Queen sample for the hook or something?

for some reason with Jay-Z, i can see that happening lol.

honestly, even though this album is a hundred years in the making, my expectations for this single are not high at all; i just have that feeling it's going to be average as fuck; i'm just counting that the production will be bangin'.

i'm waiting to hear that Dre/Eminem collab.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2010, 06:53:20 PM »
Truthfully, I'm not excited yet. I been through this so many times already. I feel like we may finally get Detox, this year, but I'm not there yet.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 06:54:02 PM »
its kinda funny how this shit went from nobody believing to suddenly being an april fools joke to being made legit by jimmy n dre...so i guess detox and dre does have a first joint to release off it! Its kinda weird even hearing something real and not a rumour about dre at this point lol now everyones going to want to know when its going to drop

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »
I couldn't help but think of Bowie/Queen when I read the name but I hope it's more about Dre addressing the pressure with trying to live up to the expectations behind the most anticipated album of the last 10 years.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2010, 06:55:34 PM »
Am I the only 1 who thinks (after seeing that video) that they weren't even serious about that single. Like Iovine is laughing & Dre seems like he's uncomfortable with the idea that someone mentions his new song. Like "oh shyt Jimmy now I really gotta drop something because you said that or ppl are gonna be really really dissapointed"

Lunatic

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2010, 06:58:35 PM »
we must all admit, for the first single off a (ten year? lol) highly anticipated album, "Under Pressure" as the title is a perfect fit  ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »
I couldn't help but think of Bowie/Queen when I read the name but I hope it's more about Dre addressing the pressure with trying to live up to the expectations behind the most anticipated album of the last 10 years.

that would be dope, but i don't see where Jay-Z comes into play because he is under no pressure.

i'm just upset that Jay is on the single lol; nothing against Jay, i like Jay, but it's just "really brah"?

without a doubt Dre's last album & the first single is with Jay-Z? i guess Dre is looking to move serious units; i just hope Wayne & Drake don't find a slot on Detox. :-X

Eminem, Snoop Dogg or Ice Cube should of made the first single, just for homage reasons.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
Unlike most of you, I don't view the album as ten years in the making as if he's been working diligently ten years on the one project.  I view it as numerous recording sessions that were at one time Detox's yet he decided it wasn't what he wanted so he sold them off or just left them in the vault.  I don't have a problem with that.  I assume he's been recording from the past year or so with the expectation of releasing an album.

Another problem is I have with people anticipating Detox is that people act like Dre's been talking about it.  He's rarely spoken about it in the past ten years besides some interviews post-2001 and the first promo run that fell flat.  Then it was brought up by Aftermath artists but not Dre besides on the one Game track - "Look out for Detox."  

If anything it's you all who's acting a little crazy for Detox.  I mean I can understand setting high expectations if Dre's been like "DETOX! COP IT WHEN IT DROPS!  DETOX! RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! DETOX!" for the past ten years but he hasn't been.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 07:02:25 PM »
Let's see.....Fucker's are mad that Snoop is not on the first single?? Get the  fuck over it and support the legend that Dre is...Dude don't need Snoop..Dude MADE Snoop. I am not a huge Jay fan either but I already know the single is gonna be hot and so do most of you who have an open mind..It's just all you "living back in the day Snoop gotta be on the song" fuckers that won't like it...Big up to Dre and all dude has done for West and hip hop in general.  

Jaydc

Re: Dre, Lebron and Jimmy Iovene at Yankee/REd Sox game
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 07:05:41 PM »
I dont like that colouring on the headphone,looks ugly as hell.

Jome

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 07:07:07 PM »
In other Dre-related news:

LeBron James ignores Ipad to chat with Dr.Dre, tech journos can't believe it
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/04/screen-grabs-lebron-james-overlooks-ipad-at-mlb-season-opener/

:D

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »
I was listening to The Wash soundtrack the other day, and man do Dre and Snoop have chemistry. Call Snoop whatever you wanna, him and Dre together is like no other. When ppl think Dre, they think Snoop, westcoast, game, Eminem, and 50 not Jay. I am not a Jay fan so this announcement and speculation has been a bit dissapointing, with that being said however, Detox is so over due that I'm excited to know that a formal announcement has been made, albeit nothing different that Dres MTV announcement "Detox, it's coming", this time it feels right. If it's not the lead single, just a promotional track to get the ball rolling then thats dope too.

On a side note, Dre's needs some PA skills man, he looked more at the microphone than anything else. Lmao@ at his ghetto response as to why she should buy the headphones.

Detox 2011! Its coming!